MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Kits Available!] Eurorack Klee Panel and Daughterboard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next [all]
Author [Kits Available!] Eurorack Klee Panel and Daughterboard
elmegil
https://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130898&highlight=

Does a bit more than you mention, but it was created for the same situation, but with a TTSH. MUST be a 10V gate for the TTSH, and Fuzzbass went ahead and added a trigger conversion as well.
NV
underthebigtree wrote:

Now we turn to the Sequence8, and the A161. The problem is immediate and obvious: They are both gates, not triggers. The period of a voltage change was in the hundreds or thousands of milliseconds - couldn't get a clear reading on my old scope, but that is the deal. The Sequence8 was also only putting out about 3V.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to convert a gate to a trigger, and amplify it, or find some other piece of gear that is a clock divider that deals in odd numbers, that can output a true trigger pulse. I'll start looking at Modular Addict and Synthcube to see if any small, inexpensive kits are available to do this.

A gate should work in the load jack just as well as a trigger. Any signal that exceeds about a +2V threshold should work - gate, trigger, LFO, or in between. Even a very slow moving sine LFO should be able to trigger it once the DC clears +2V. In short, I think something is still amiss - there shouldn't be any need to find other modules compatible with the Klee, pretty much everything should work.

3V gates from the Sequence8 are very low as far as gates usually go. Try giving it a positive offset before running to the load jack and see if it starts to trigger. Experiment with the A-160/161 as well with offsets and amplification/attenuation and see if there is a point where things start to trigger. 3V should clear the threshold just fine, but you may have values in your build that have increased the threshold above the usual 2V that are causing difficulties in triggering with lower voltages.

Beyond that, you may have a problem in the ICs along the load path. Try running an LFO that runs up to a high voltage (maybe +10V) into the load jack, or even a manual voltage offset that you increase slowly - does it ever trigger the load? If so, at what point?
synthcube
With much gratitude to NV-- the next run of Klee Sequencer eurorack kits will be available April/May 2018 and can be PRE-ORDERED now at a discounted price:

http://synthcube.com/cart/klee-sequencer-full-kit-euro?search=klee&des cription=true

You know from reading this thread how popular and well-supported this DIY project is- and part of the proceeds still support the E-M forum!

We're always happy to answer questions here or via email---
dhoinjo
Quote:
the next run of Klee Sequencer eurorack kits will be available April/May 2018 and can be PRE-ORDERED now at a discounted price

stoked!
Oldstench
synthcube wrote:
With much gratitude to NV-- the next run of Klee Sequencer eurorack kits will be available April/May 2018 and can be PRE-ORDERED now at a discounted price:

http://synthcube.com/cart/klee-sequencer-full-kit-euro?search=klee&des cription=true

You know from reading this thread how popular and well-supported this DIY project is- and part of the proceeds still support the E-M forum!

We're always happy to answer questions here or via email---

Awesome news! Just to make sure though, does the full kit include knobs as well? I assume everything means everything but you never know.
synthcube
it does, yes smile
Oldstench
synthcube wrote:
it does, yes smile

Awesome.

It must be kismet for me to get in on this run. I was literally just wondering if the Klee kit was available anywhere and boom, here it is again.

Thanks for doing this!
strange tales
I bought a Klee kit from Synthcube during a sale, and all the parts were very well documented. Saved me so much time versus buying the parts myself.
mutronic
I bought all the parts individually and I didn't really think it was that bad. I don't recommend using the synthcube mouser cart in their thread, and going by the BOMs in their documentation instead. Might take a little more time, but you will save some cash.
Oldstench
mutronic wrote:
I bought all the parts individually and I didn't really think it was that bad. I don't recommend using the synthcube mouser cart in their thread, and going by the BOMs in their documentation instead. Might take a little more time, but you will save some cash.

Do you recall the ~$ you ended up spending on parts? Sourcing parts is probably my least favorite part of DIY because I'm super-duper lazy. I don't mind paying a convenience fee at all unless there's like a > $100 markup or something.
mutronic
I mean you can get most of the stuff from tayda and spend 20 bucks tops. There are some more expensive ICs that you have to get from mouser that will run you 50 bucks or less I think.
elmegil
Tayda switches melt if you look at them funny, at least in my experience. There's a certain amount of getting what you paid for.....

And $20 for 30-odd switches? Even at Tayda's prices I don't think that's really possible.
mutronic
yeah I got all the switches and sliders from mouser
mutronic
I'm also assuming you've purchased the partial kit from modular addict

if not you definitely need this cart for all the panel stuff: klee panel cart
Oldstench
Eh, for this build I'm going with the full kit. I like knowing that any troubleshooting I need to do is because I shorted some joints, not because I bought the slightly wrong part or got a cheap part that ends up not working.
Oldstench
And ordered. You better not tweet out a coupon code in the next week...
NV
mutronic wrote:

For reference, the Euro Klee panels and PCBs in this thread haven't been offered without the switches/sliders bundled in. I purchased the sliders customized with a longer lever to fit past the panel, and the flatted toggles were purchased in bulk to avoid the incredible mark-up that most flatted toggles carry. I've bundled them in with all of the panels/PCBs I've sent to users or distributors, including the partial kits on offer from some shops. If a Euro panel/PCB kit was sold without these parts included then something is amiss.
mutronic
NV wrote:
mutronic wrote:

For reference, the Euro Klee panels and PCBs in this thread haven't been offered without the switches/sliders bundled in. I purchased the sliders customized with a longer lever to fit past the panel, and the flatted toggles were purchased in bulk to avoid the incredible mark-up that most flatted toggles carry. I've bundled them in with all of the panels/PCBs I've sent to users or distributors, including the partial kits on offer from some shops. If a Euro panel/PCB kit was sold without these parts included then something is amiss.

This was actually wrong as I had forgotten I ordered mine as a partial kit from modular addict. Good to know I suppose.
dhoinjo
Oldstench wrote:
Eh, for this build I'm going with the full kit. I like knowing that any troubleshooting I need to do is because I shorted some joints, not because I bought the slightly wrong part or got a cheap part that ends up not working.

my thoughts exactly.
Oldstench
Getting stoked for this. Still on track for May?
synthcube
Yes!
NV
Oldstench wrote:

The panels and some other tidbits are here and without issues, and currently I'm waiting on the sliders/switches/boards. These are all scheduled to ship in May, so barring any unexpected delays things should be on track.
gadgadasvara
NV wrote:
Oldstench wrote:

The panels and some other tidbits are here and without issues, and currently I'm waiting on the sliders/switches/boards. These are all scheduled to ship in May, so barring any unexpected delays things should be on track.

wohooo can't wait It's peanut butter jelly time!
whyfarer
I pre-ordered one of the synthcube full kits and am really looking forward to this project. Thanks to everyone involved for making it happen!
synthcube
quick mid-may update:

parts for the PCB kits are inbound here for kitting
panels, pcbs, panel parts etc in the works with NV, and still expected sometime this month

thanks, all, for the interest!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 55, 56, 57  Next [all]
Page 56 of 57