MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Kits Available!] Eurorack Klee Panel and Daughterboard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next [all]
Author [Kits Available!] Eurorack Klee Panel and Daughterboard
NV
Order update on my end: the manufacturers of the sliders and switches (Alpha/Taiway) both had clogged schedules over the past few months, as they estimated longer than usual time frames and have both pushed them to the limits. Those are the last things I'm waiting for and they're scheduled to ship within the next couple weeks, followed by the usual shipping/customs/re-packaging/etc period after that.

So kits should be arriving at Synthcube's store in mid-June. This delay isn't on Synthcube at all, it's just a product of ordering custom parts in bulk and rolling the dice with turn times.

My apologies for the longer than usual turn on this run, but things are on the way and the usually most problematic parts are already taken care of (read: the panels are here and are not toaster decals). Let me know if you have any questions!
Oldstench
Thanks for the update. Really looking forward to this kit!
pix
it's mid-June now!!!! SlayerBadger!

any updates on ETA? oops
NV
The last package of parts is in shipment right now with FedEx saying it should arrive a few days after the weekend, customs permitting. I have everything else packed and ready so I'll be shipping the kits out to Synthcube the next day after things arrive.

Assuming no odd customs/quality issues with the last package, things should be en route to Synthcube very soon!
synthcube
... and from our end, we have all the pcb parts here in stock, individual bag labels printed and are in the process of making the pcb kits to match with NV's panel/pcb kits.

We'll start shipping these in the order that orders were received as soon as we can- likely around 25-30 June..

thanks for the patience, this project is worth the wait... smile
pix
great! thanks!

on a related note, any ideas where CD4034 might still be available?
elmegil
Unicorn Electronics, in the US:

http://unicornelectronics.com/IC/4000.html
NV
Futurlec also has them: http://www.futurlec.com/4000Series/CD4034pr.shtml
gadgadasvara
is the shipping already started?
synthcube
Pre-orders for the Klee Euro kits will be shipping on or around 9 July--- and shipments we be made in the order that orders were booked-- the panel/pcb sets should be to us the week of July 2, and the PCB kits are on the kitting bench right now-- if you have not seen this fantastic euro sequencer DIY module, we have some pre-order kits available still : klee
synthcube
pix wrote:
great! thanks!

on a related note, any ideas where CD4034 might still be available?

we are stocking these, bundled with the matching machine pin socket
CD4034 and socket
pix
just received an email with the tracking# SlayerBadger!
synthcube
Yes!! You beat us to the posting smile

With much gratitude to Scott Stites and the original Klee contributors, and Tim Goslin (NV) and his individual and team efforts in making this euro DIY friendly, we are happy to announce we're actively shipping the pre-orders for this run of the Sequencers.

It'll likely take us 1-2 additional days to work through shipping all of the pre-orders...

And we look forward to seeing many more successful build stories posted here!!

also- don't forget to patronize the electro-music forum -- this project provides some $ support to E-M, and it's the original home for the Klee and so many other great synth content!!
Waz
Just got my tracking number!! cool
gadgadasvara
just got my tracking number. woohoo can’t wait! Rockin' Banana!
Waz
Is there a build guide for the A/D board? The one at the top is quite dated. If not, are there any known bugs that need to be sorted out? Any DNP components? If I follow the BOM on Synthcube's site to a T, I should be golden, right?

The daughter board build guide has always been top notch.
pix
just noticed I forgot to order the BAT85. Can I use 1N5817 instead?

or BAT41 and BAT46?
NV
Waz wrote:
Is there a build guide for the A/D board? The one at the top is quite dated. If not, are there any known bugs that need to be sorted out? Any DNP components? If I follow the BOM on Synthcube's site to a T, I should be golden, right?

The A/D boards have the same component placements and footprints as the boards in the original Klee documentation, they're just merged and refined a bit. So while the docs look dated it's still the same circuit.

The components that vary have to do with accommodating other formats for LED brightness, voltage ranges, and input power. All the part choices to make it run in euro are listed under the daughterboard manual section titled "electro-music PCB Considerations." No hunting for tricks or kludges in threads, just be sure to read the daughterboard manual before going full steam ahead so you build it for euro +/-12V and not +/-15V.

pix wrote:
just noticed I forgot to order the BAT85. Can I use 1N5817 instead?

or BAT41 and BAT46?

The Schottky shouldn't exceed about 400 mV at 10 mA. The goal is to prevent the CD4051 from getting voltages more than 500 mV below its rail when a voltage is applied at the Range jack, as around that point you risk damage to the chip. If you have a BAT42 that would work, but the 41 shoots past that. The 46 cuts it close at 450 mV, so it could work but leaves less room for error. Proceed at your own risk, etc.
Waz
I got the A/D board all sorted out except for one IC. U9. My kit has a CD4051, but the BOM calls for CD4053. Are these the same chip? The datasheet shows a different pinout.
hmmm.....
NV
Waz wrote:
I got the A/D board all sorted out except for one IC. U9. My kit has a CD4051, but the BOM calls for CD4053. Are these the same chip? The datasheet shows a different pinout.
hmmm.....

Digital U9 is a CD4053, while Analog U7 is a CD4051. Make the sure the placement on those hasn't been swapped, the Klee uses one of each and they look nearly identical. If you ordered the parts kit from Synthcube and you have two 51s but no 53 then I'm sure Synthcube would be happy to help sort things out.
Waz
NV wrote:
Waz wrote:
hmmm.....

Digital U9 is a CD4053, while Analog U7 is a CD4051. Make the sure the placement on those hasn't been swapped, the Klee uses one of each and they look nearly identical. If you ordered the parts kit from Synthcube and you have two 51s but no 53 then I'm sure Synthcube would be happy to help sort things out.

Thanks for the quick reply. It looks like I got the wrong part. I sent Synthcube an email about it.
synthcube
Yes, we had a tube swapped and labelled incorrectly. If you got two CD4051 and no CD4053 please contact us via email and we will sort you out!
Modulgrinder
I sent an email through the website and following up here for extra visibility, I also got the CD4051/53 mix up. Also I got too many CD4066s and 2 few TL074s. Thank you Synthcube for being on top of it.
synthcube
thanks for posting here--- we are making corrections as necessary!
Waz
I have a buddy who has an HCF4053BE. I looked at both datasheets and the HCF looks identical to the CD. Is this a drop-in replacement for the CD4053? I thought I'd ask here before making the trip.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next [all]
Page 57 of 61