MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Kits Available!] Eurorack Klee Panel and Daughterboard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 58, 59, 60  Next [all]
Author [Kits Available!] Eurorack Klee Panel and Daughterboard
synaptech
Wow amazing work! I'd love to grab one of these but unfortunately won't be able to swing it for awhile. Hope you have one spare when I can!
rosch
totally awesome! seems like a chance to get a Klee out of the backlog!
NV
diablojoy wrote:
hmm I dont build in euro
however still very interesting
I have 2 Klee's in my backlog
edit ; 56 HP just how big is the panel in mm ?
I was planning on doing mine in 19 inch
with 1/4 inch jacks but it may still work for me

The panel is 284.15mm wide. All of the jacks are located along the bottom of the board and utilize large pads that could take wire easily.
Scott Stites
Dammit, you spend hours and hours trying to design something as obtuse and un-buildable as possible, and NV comes along and undoes all of that effort in one fell swoop. And, in Euro-format no less.

Seriously, this is cool beyond words for me. Awesome work, NV!!
pre55ure
Awesome! Email sent.

I am exactly who this project is geared toward hihi

Think the Klee is awesome, but have always been daunted by the prospect of the wiring and my awful frontpanels. Thanks NV!
delayed
Great looking panel.
decaying.sine
This is a legendary development! Stunning!
doobedy
pre55ure wrote:
Awesome! Email sent.

I am exactly who this project is geared toward hihi

Think the Klee is awesome, but have always been daunted by the prospect of the wiring and my awful frontpanels. Thanks NV!

Took the words out of my mouth.

Man I hate wiring.
sduck
That is indeed a thing of beauty! As one of the first run of klee builders, I am more than impressed - another 60 klees in the world! And I've never done any euro diy yet, although this is really tempting. Hmmm...

And despite what CJ says, this is a real deal, if you factor in the wiring hours saved as part of the overall cost.

I see you've posted this over at E-M.com also, but please make sure to liberally point builders with questions over there for answers - http://electro-music.com/forum/index.php?f=155&sid=e674218600976438dcb 8b7ffec5f2ade - that's where the bulk of klee builders live, this is a mere hinterlands comparatively speaking.
johnnymayer
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo

holy lord this is the grail.
simfonik
Wow. I don't even fully understand the functionality of this thing (yet) and I totally want it. Very nice work!
fluxmonkey
yes please and thank you
SOFTWIRE
My klee pcbs have been waiting for this for years.

Count me in for 1 kit. SlayerBadger!
Rigo
Even if I might not build it immediately, I think it's too good an opportunity to pass by.
When will there be information about the Klee component kits ? And I presume it still needs the boards from E-M ?

I'd like to have an idea of the total cost ... in my case 295 + 48 + 40 +???

I'll send a mail anyway, just to be on the safe side.
fonik
doobedy wrote:
And I caved in record time. I'm in, details sent.

w00t

i think i beat you on this. i fired the email as soon as i saw it.

here is the klee i built several years ago, and you can see all those wires lurking from behind the panel?
(BTW it has been sold meanwhile, and i need a new one!)

klee2_02 by fonitronik, on Flickr
Rod Serling Fan Club
I'm in. I've had a pcb set/kit for a while but the wiring really put me off.

Regarding bananas. One solution might be an additional banana panel to put next to it. would obviously require flying wires from the current jacks but that's not too bad. I'm not sure if any of the jacks are normalled/switching.

I think the daughter board would work fine on a buchla panel as well. The panel would need to be 3U which would give you an extra 3/4" of panel space on both sides. The additional space top to bottom would allow you to put banana jacks below the PCB and wire them to the PCB that way.
negativspace
Yeah, I'm in. this looks beautiful and I've always wanted a Klee.

(Good thing I have spare 3U subracks in my closet!)
PF
Rod Serling Fan Club wrote:

I think the daughter board would work fine on a buchla panel as well. The panel would need to be 3U which would give you an extra 3/4" of panel space on both sides. The additional space top to bottom would allow you to put banana jacks below the PCB and wire them to the PCB that way.

If you made a Buchlaish panel what would it look like ?
gwaidan
Fonik, that nest of wiring reminds me of the BBD unit I built when I was 18! Formidable work! lol

Email sent. For doubters, try costing an FPE panel, 16 slider pots and 40 high quality switches for starters and see how much change you get from $295. The $50 Thomas White/Bridechamber panel is fantastic value but you *really* need to enjoy panel wiring and lots of it. very frustrating $295 to painlessly "dress" a built-up set of Klee boards is a pretty good deal.

This will rescue those Klee boards that have been slowly oxidising in my pile for 4 years....
negativspace
Yeah, the parts cost is really quite reasonable, especially if you consider that some are custom parts. I prefer in general to not buy parts kits, given that I do this for a living and have a well-stocked larder... but in this case it makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure everyone has a real good sense about what it truly takes to design and/or build a project of this complexity.
Rod Serling Fan Club
PF wrote:

NV would have to be willing to offer daughter boards/kits minus the panel. The control layout would be basically the same. Obviously one could change the fonts, etc. to be more buchla-esque and have the top and bottom borders. There would be an extra 3/4" space on both sides. The jacks at the bottom would be dropped down about an inch or so (alternately one could have both minijacks and banana jacks below them).
analogdata
mail sent. want one kit!
Pfurmel
PF wrote:

NV would have to be willing to offer daughter boards/kits minus the panel. The control layout would be basically the same. Obviously one could change the fonts, etc. to be more buchla-esque and have the top and bottom borders. There would be an extra 3/4" space on both sides. The jacks at the bottom would be dropped down about an inch or so (alternately one could have both minijacks and banana jacks below them).

I think you guys should talk to zthee, he had interesting plans a while ago for this.
mono-poly
Wooow awesome! love
NS4W
Amazing work! *out to check finances*
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 58, 59, 60  Next [all]
Page 2 of 60