MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Kits Available!] Eurorack Klee Panel and Daughterboard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 59, 60, 61  Next [all]
Author [Kits Available!] Eurorack Klee Panel and Daughterboard
citric acid
wow what amazing...shame not money at this time seriously, i just don't get it
brother303
Hi,

are you willing to sell just the panel and the daughterboards?

Cheers
Greg
L-1
One set for me Guinness ftw!
but where to buy Klee boards themself?
fonik
http://electro-music.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/54/products_id  /101%22
Silesius
I've just mailed my order love
Too bad I made a huge mouser order two weeks ago with the idea of populating my klee boards and make a front panel myself: good quality switches, sliders, pots, etc... Hell, I even bought a Dremel with stand to make the vertical holes [which, by the way, has proven useless for that job d'oh!
]
When I saw this thread it was like woah eek! confused d'oh! very frustrating
But then hmmm.....
And, at last nanners

At least, My klee will have the honor of being the most expensive ever...
ndkent
details sent
Monobass
Really beautiful job applause
Paradigm X
Silesius wrote:
I've just mailed my order love
Too bad I made a huge mouser order two weeks ago with the idea of populating my klee boards and make a front panel myself: good quality switches, sliders, pots, etc... Hell, I even bought a Dremel with stand to make the vertical holes [which, by the way, has proven useless for that job d'oh!
]
When I saw this thread it was like woah eek! confused d'oh! very frustrating
But then hmmm.....
And, at last nanners

At least, My klee will have the honor of being the most expensive ever...

Hmm... i might be able to take some of the hardware off you possibly, where are you based?

Ta
spotta
Well I was waiting for Clarke's Klee panel, but I gather you two have been in touch and this is now the one to go for.

I just need to work out what I can sell first!

we're not worthy Top.
bleeps
Just read through again.
Quote:
Additionally the kit includes ... pre-built cables

Seriously? No crimping involved?
simfonik
Do you know what Synthcube will be charging for the Klee board component kit?
elmegil
The site says $99, but out of stock at the moment.
synthcube
Hi, i just posted this thread with more details on the PCB parts kit to avoid muddying up NV's post too much

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1105491#1105491
consumed
well hot damn. ive had a box with klee boards and components waiting years for this day. i am in.

this will be my second klee. i recall spending weeks sitting in the living room doing my wiring. this is fantastic.
craque
oh wow that is REALLY nicely done, way to go.

there's no way in hell i'd ever be able to afford this but applause
consumed
NV wrote:
Here is a Mouser BOM for the components I will be including in the kits (excluding wire) - the equivalent versions of the custom sliders and switches are featured, although obviously not in the custom dimensions.

are the switches in the kit mountain switches? (ive only ever used nkk switches for my builds and never had one fail.) is there a fairly high confidence in longevity with mountain?
negativspace
Mountain is generally the only other switch maker I'll use, vs. NKK. I've used plenty of their parts in DIY builds, they seem pretty solid.
bsmith
Is this a now or never thing or will other runs happen?
consumed
the first post indicates only now unless 60 people happened to want another run later (unlikely).
hyperparallel
wow, this is really nicely done. Super new to the forum, but this the sort of thing I was hoping to find here! Thanks Guinness ftw!
NV
gwaidan wrote:
For doubters, try costing an FPE panel, 16 slider pots and 40 high quality switches for starters and see how much change you get from $295.

The $50 Thomas White/Bridechamber panel is fantastic value but you *really* need to enjoy panel wiring and lots of it.

Just out of curiosity I ran the artwork into FPE as an HPGL file when I was working on the design. FPE doesn't quite allow for the level of precision needed for much of the line work so the fonts would look a little janky without choosing one of FPE's defaults, and the infilled sections around the center rotary would be a pain to get right since they refused to show up in the HPGL import. Even without the proper fonts and infilled rotary, the price of the FPE equivalent came out to $172.65.

The Bridechamber panel is a fantastic design and a godsend to Klee builders in 5U. I have nothing but absolute respect for Thomas White's designs and have one of his MFOS Rotaries in 5U, as well as having built the 5U Klee panel some time ago. It's $100 and not $50 though - milling, painting, and printing 5U panels can be an intensive process.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

bleeps wrote:
Just read through again.
Quote:
Additionally the kit includes ... pre-built cables

Seriously? No crimping involved?

Correct - all cables needed for the kit will be included as pre-crimped MTA cables in the proper lengths to match the boards. No crimping involved for the builder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------------

consumed wrote:

are the switches in the kit mountain switches? (ive only ever used nkk switches for my builds and never had one fail.) is there a fairly high confidence in longevity with mountain?

The switches are Taiway, which in my opinion are higher quality than Mountain - also somewhat more expensive. This is particularly noticeable in the on-off-on switches - the middle positions of Mountain switches tend to be a little inconsistent and will either stick too heavily or glide through. These switches have an obvious center position that provides a solid hit without the switch skipping past or sticking.

These are also the flatted toggle variety. Technically they use the same actuating mechanism as standard bat toggle switches but they require less force to operate. They also have the benefit of a completely subjective and nonsensical descriptor - they feel "more natural" in my opinion.

I had the choice between Taiway and Mountain when going this route and I chose Taiway due to my perception of a quality difference. I've never had one fail on me and have a handful in a pedal that is ten years old, modded a dozen times, and has been handled on tours by people who would sooner punch you in the throat than shake your hand.

bsmith wrote:
Is this a now or never thing or will other runs happen?

In order for all this to work things need to happen in batches of 60 or more. If demand is high enough for another run I'll consider it, but as of now I am somewhat doubtful that will happen. I'm open to being surprised though.
Taylor
Can someone explain all of what the Klee is capable of? I'm wondering in particular how much of its functionality is duplicated by the (admittedly more limited) Turing Machine. I'd love a complex sequencer and this project is beautifully done, but I'd just like to know exactly what all it can do before jumping in.
bleeps
The documentation at e-m is probably your best bet for getting a proper explanation. Here's more info for further reading.
goiks
great work here, great value imho. my original/minimal linework panel via FPE for this layout with no infill came to over $100 fwiw. order in!
goiks
Taylor wrote:
Can someone explain all of what the Klee is capable of? I'm wondering in particular how much of its functionality is duplicated by the (admittedly more limited) Turing Machine. I'd love a complex sequencer and this project is beautifully done, but I'd just like to know exactly what all it can do before jumping in.

definitely check out the available documentation, it's a very well documented project. there's also a software version somewhere you can try out. for me, the logic of the gate bus is what takes it beyond.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 59, 60, 61  Next [all]
Page 3 of 61