MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Oberheim Custom Modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Oberheim Custom Modular
NewEnglandAnalog
Here's a custom modular I made for a customer. It came to me as 2 SEMs mounted in a wood box with tolex stapled to it and a ratty patch bay. I designed a new enclosure with a powder coated front panel, and added some other improvements. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! I think the client will be psyched when he gets this back. Photo gallery here:
http://imgur.com/a/4nd2I
-Rob C
Dave Peck
That is a thing of beauty. Nice!
dubnspace
truly droolworthy we're not worthy
Huba-Swift
Looks absolutely flawless woah, good job.
Hirsbro
eek! WOW just WOW eek!
doombient.music
This makes me drool, this is just like it ought to be.

I'll have two, please.

Seriously, I have thought about doing something along these lines with my two patchpanel SEMs... I just can't warm up to these two clunky boxes sitting next to each other. Bolting them together doesn't really seem like a good long-term solution.

Stephen
J3RK
Beautiful work! Love it!
JohnLRice
Wow! Fantastic job! That was a ton of work, I hope you have been adequately compensated! thumbs up
franman69
Wow.. can I send you my two SEM's (once I get them working).. that is freakin' awesome.
MrNezumi
Drool worthy! Cleaning off iPad screen now. Drunken Homer Simpson
Sciacca
Hello and great work!

I am attempting to repair my Oberheim TVS1 that I bought in 1977 new. The keyboard needs a new contact for one of the keys and the keyboard itself is a bit 'wonky' and clacks. Anyone have any isight on how to clean all this up and also how to best open the synthesiser to get at the keyboard. I can just start taking it apart but I am sure there is a 'right' way. Thanks in advance!
Christopher Winkels
You can't get much sexier than that. we're not worthy
NewEnglandAnalog
franman69 wrote:
Wow.. can I send you my two SEM's (once I get them working).. that is freakin' awesome.


I'm happy to do the job if you're interested. I can get them working for you too if you need. Email me if you want to set up a time to chat about it. You can try calling, but I rarely hear the phone ringing, as it's a land line tethered to a wall about 300 feet from where my shop is.
NewEnglandAnalog
Sciacca wrote:
Hello and great work!

I am attempting to repair my Oberheim TVS1 that I bought in 1977 new. The keyboard needs a new contact for one of the keys and the keyboard itself is a bit 'wonky' and clacks. Anyone have any isight on how to clean all this up and also how to best open the synthesiser to get at the keyboard. I can just start taking it apart but I am sure there is a 'right' way. Thanks in advance!


You'll probably want to replace the key bushings, replace or polish the bus bars, and rebuild the power supply at the very least. You'll also probably want to replace the LM723 on each module, as well as all associated caps and opamps. This is where I'd start.
-Rob
NewEnglandAnalog
doombient.music wrote:
This makes me drool, this is just like it ought to be.

I'll have two, please.

Seriously, I have thought about doing something along these lines with my two patchpanel SEMs... I just can't warm up to these two clunky boxes sitting next to each other. Bolting them together doesn't really seem like a good long-term solution.

Stephen


If you are seriously ever interested in doing this, contact me. The panels are very expensive as a one off, but if there were a group buy, I could get a much better price.
Badwhite
two words - BAD ASS!!

Would love to get one of these with 1/4" jacks... that might require a whole different setup though.

This is fun! This is fun! This is fun!
alexander_ritter@gmx.de
Nice!
NewEnglandAnalog
Badwhite wrote:
two words - BAD ASS!!

Would love to get one of these with 1/4" jacks... that might require a whole different setup though.

This is fun! This is fun! This is fun!


Yeah, this is a 6U rack size with 3.5mm jacks. I'm pretty sure I'd have to completely redesign the patch bay and bring the size up to 8U or 10U to fit 1/4" jacks in there.
Rapcatz
fantastic! love love love
doctorvague
WOWSER that's beautiful! applause
Mikeyg3k
Yeah that looks amazing! Do You have IG account I can follow u on ? So dope.
Eric the Red
W we're not worthy we're not worthy W!!!

Great work.

-Eric
charlie-dude
I need to improve my front panel making skill, very nice work, who did you use for the sheetmetal work?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group