MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Elby Design - Panther Series : TGTSH not working :: HELP
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Elby Design - Panther Series : TGTSH not working :: HELP
Synesthesia
Just finished the TGTSH kit - and - it doesn't look to work ... or it's me .

Can you make a TGTSH work without a timing signal input ?

Technically, this is my first module ever, so I'm a bit stuck ( I don't have a vco, and I have a plague bearer on the way ... )

Any suggestions there ?
frijitz
Synesthesia wrote:
Just finished the TGTSH kit - and - it doesn't look to work ... or it's me .

Can you make a TGTSH work without a timing signal input ?

Technically, this is my first module ever, so I'm a bit stuck ( I don't have a vco, and I have a plague bearer on the way ... )

Any suggestions there ?

We can help.

The answer is no, it will not work without a timing signal. What exactly are you trying to make it do? How do you expect it to act?

grin

Ian
Synesthesia
Well, sample and hold razz

my issue seem to be electric - when i plug my module, the second light on the bus is flashing like mad ...

so ... am I plugged in the correct sens ? the red side of the harness is at the bottom - for the -12V ... looking at the pcb, it looks correct ...

ARGHHH hmmm.....
wetterberg
sample and hold still means it needs to be told when to "hold".
frijitz
Synesthesia wrote:
Well, sample and hold razz

Well, it needs a clock to sample and that's what the timing signal does.

Quote:
my issue seem to be electric - when i plug my module, the second light on the bus is flashing like mad ...
so ... am I plugged in the correct sens ? the red side of the harness is at the bottom - for the -12V ... looking at the pcb, it looks correct ...

I don't know anything about your PS/bus/harness etc. I would suggest measuring the PS voltages.

grin

Ian
Synesthesia
I have a doepfer A-100 DIY Kit #2 as BUS

When you say a clock - I suppose it would be a signal from a LFO ... can I use a CV signal ?
Synesthesia
it's probably a stupid question but i have to start somewhere ....
sandyb
Synesthesia wrote:
I have a doepfer A-100 DIY Kit #2 as BUS

When you say a clock - I suppose it would be a signal from a LFO ... can I use a CV signal ?

i don't know the specific module you're using but, yes, a pulse output from an lfo should do the job as a clock.

sandy
frijitz
sandyb wrote:
i don't know the specific module you're using but, yes, a pulse output from an lfo should do the job as a clock.

Any kind of oscillating signal at all will work. That's the main idea of the module.

A CV will not work.

grin

Ian
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1