MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Company Logo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author New Company Logo
Synthbuilder
It's peanut butter jelly time!

http://www.oakleysound.com/

It's a stylised OSS. But its also an Omega symbol, or a knob, or a socket and a cable...

It should start to appear on all our products from now on.

screaming goo yo
all i can say -> its superb!
nerdware
Neat.
transferpoint
sexy
Paradigm X
is this available as a HPGL (i think, for FPD?) or help to include it in FPD?

Im making a custom 1u rack case for the equinoxe and would like to use this logo if possible.

It would be hugely appreciated if thisis around, panel maker is doing me a deal this week. Ive had a look round and searched (hence this bump) but cant find.

Many thanks as always,Ben
jupiter8
Have you tried Incscape ?
Paradigm X
No i havent... might be an option tho.

I would prefer the actual logo unless theres a problem for any reason, want it to be exac.

IN fact might be able to convert it from the jpg on tonys site.

cheers,.
jupiter8
I have only briefly dabbled with Incscape so i don't really know the program but i do know it should,in theory, do what you want. In practice,i don't know if it is teh suck or not. I tried to convert the logo to SVG from the picture and it did trace it. How well i don't really know i'm afraid.
emdot_ambient
Paradigm X wrote:
I would prefer the actual logo

I agree! I've often considered asking for the same thing.
Paradigm X
Yeah, with all due respect to jupiter8, and i do appreciate your answer, id much rather have the 'real deal' oakley logo if he or others has this to hand as an importable object (now thats a cool phrase). Rather than my hamfisted attempt to copy it. Dead Banana

Im making a nice 1u equinoxe phaser with a fair bit of spare panel space, so a logo would be a nice tribute.

Many thanks

Cheers
emdot_ambient
I've got 2 Deep Equinoxe PCBs that I have yet to design a panel for. Gonna outfit them for stereo and/or separate module use. So many projects, so little time waah
Paradigm X
A stereo/dual one was another one of my thoughts actually.

Phasers seem far more 'rack gear' than modular for me, but there you go. Not sure if two will fit in a 1u high rack because of how high the switches/daughterboard go, aothough they could potentially be squeezed in elsewhere. the jacks could go on the back, although im really starting to like jacks on the front.

cheers.
Synthbuilder
The highest resolution one I have is this bitmap.

Text on the logo is Bank Gothic Md BT.

Tony
gtxdude
Front Panel Design wants a .plt file. I have attached one that I made using a logo file from Tony and converted with a raster to vector utility. In FPD create a custom "user" object and specify the attached file. Because it is a vector graphic it will scale from small to big and render great at any size.

Hope that helps!
Paradigm X
Many thanks Tony, and gtxdude !

They will do the panel justice when i can get it done.

Front panel deigner is pretty intuitive after a while.

Cheers, Ben
Tronketz
why isn't there a vector of this? the files in the zip are all crooked, not smooth, not like the original... ill let you know if I bother to convert it to vector myself... would be great if I knew what font that was.
Tronketz
Synthbuilder wrote:
The highest resolution one I have is this bitmap.

Text on the logo is Bank Gothic Md BT.

Tony

ok that gives me a headstart. not sure why the OP doesn't post a vector.
Tronketz
VECTORIZED FTW! 8_)

Of course it's an approximation, but I consider it pretty darn accurate.
Tronketz
uhh... attached file... where did you go? oh svg not allowed.

http://www.elanhickler.com/_/oakley_sound_systems_logo.svg
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1