MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

new eurorack modules by mutable instruments announced
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next [all]
Author new eurorack modules by mutable instruments announced
bartleby
we've been expecting this for quite a while. now olivier is finally giving some details:

Quote:
I have been very busy since september planning a roadmap of 10 eurorack modules to release. 4 of them are ready to get out of the pipeline (20 pieces of each are waiting for their panels at the factory; and the parts/assembly line are booked for more of them); 6 of them are in various design stage, at best a working board needing testing and firmware tweaks, at worst a routed PCB waiting to be built.

The first 4 products are:

A multi-synthesis voltage-controlled digital oscillator, featuring the same kind of stuff you’ve come to love from the Shruthi oscillators, but with more control, a higher sound quality (ARM MCU instead of an AVR).
A 4-channel chiptune-style digital oscillator (3 channels of square/pulse + 1 channel of NES edgy triangle, sine, or LFSR noise). With a built-in mini arpeggiator/sequencer.
A compact (8-HP) VCF/VCA using the 4P circuit (LP2, BP2, and LP4 outputs).
An extended version of Anushri’s drum sequencer with a built-in clock, a more complex model, and voltage-control over all parameters.

What will follow:

A 4-channel MIDI interface with some of the MIDIpal MIDI mangling/sequencing tools.
A VC-AR/VC-LFO/VC-DO with complex parametric waveshaping options.
A very curious mixer…
“Everything you’ve always wanted to do with triggers to turn them into CVs or audio”.
Some plumbing/routing modules.
LeFreq
Nice! applause
Matos
Damn...every time I try to escape, y'all keep pulling me back. Dead Banana
bartleby
escape? there is no escape. Mr. Green
swiv
some classy looking designs (from facebook):

jenamu6
Looking really nice.
Hope they will be diy still.
Hainbach
Stunning!
pichenettes
Yes it's true.

If you have questions, please ask! - besides "when" (this all depends on my suppliers) and "how much" (Ripples/Grids < 200€, Edges < 300€, Braids < 400€).

This is not DIY. There are many, many, many reasons why I decided not to do them as DIY kits.
bartleby
really looking forwart to braids & ripples.
swiv
Is it possible to see full panels and get a breakdown of specs/functions? These photos look great and I'd love to see all of there in's and outs love Been curious about your other products but never took the plunge..

Also in the tradition of eurorack gearlusting, people can rack plan before release if there's a front panel shot to put onto modular grid etc. hihi

Audio samples would be awesome too.
astroschnautzer
waah waah cry cry SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! Smacked in the head with a trout Smacked in the head with a trout Smacked in the head with a trout Nutter! Nutter! Nutter! Frying Pan Bash! Frying Pan Bash! Frying Pan Bash! you kids get off my lawn you kids get off my lawn you kids get off my lawn you kids get off my lawn Screaming Hand Screaming Hand Screaming Hand Screaming Hand fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... fap fap fap... sad banana sad banana sad banana sad banana very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating for no diy (damn nice modules btw)
pichenettes
Modulargrid submissions in progress...
radiokoala
swiv wrote:
some classy looking designs (from facebook):

Wow, these are b e a u t i f u l !

(Long live the paisley applause)
burnn_out!
Wow! Clap Dono-Kun Dance The Chewbacca Defense Doctorin' the Tardis something wonderful

Very, very impressive. Excited for this...
sienisetä
Very attractive looks w00t
ping panic
nice nice nice
qu.one
Such and exciting format!
n_m
Utterly impressed!

Very much looking forward to this! Especially that quad midi interface?

we're not worthy congrats Mr. Olivier
bartleby
audio demos on soundcloud:

[s]http://soundcloud.com/mutable-instruments/sets/modules-demos-with-o nly-one[/s]
READYdot
WHOA! SlayerBadger!

Any release date, pre-order, etc. applause
adamon
Beautiful panels. Methinks these would look very tidy next to some malekko modules... love why don't more people do panel art like this... hmmm.....
GodMadeUsFonky
what kind of a circuit is that 4P for the filter ?
pichenettes
Yes, with the LP2, LP4, BP2 modes wired as outputs.
Hainbach
Love the demos Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
CJ Miller
pichenettes wrote:
If you have questions, please ask! - besides "when" (this all depends on my suppliers) and "how much" (Ripples/Grids < 200€, Edges < 300€, Braids < 400€).

This is not DIY. There are many, many, many reasons why I decided not to do them as DIY kits.

Are these projects at least going to be open source? I like how the tabletop synths can be made if one already has the parts on hand - even if it seems like the schematics and firmware are hidden away on the site. Personally, I don't buy kits, but I would still like to build them anyway.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next [all]
Page 1 of 58