MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

mfb dominion 1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author mfb dominion 1
de_raaf

defiantly looks cool and interesting with the fm, hope the real one gets a silkscreen job
saw that the price maybe is 1380 euros
not cheap, so hopefully the have it fully workout

???
JayEm
are those ribbon controllers?
burnsjed
It looks like it.
Looks very interesting
EMwhite
3 octaves beats 2 by... ummm, 1.

But it's way more useful. Lots of CV. Hopefully construction quality is where it should be and no odd gate issues or controller bugs.

With Novation and others, LOTS of 2-octave kbds now. Seems to be the new norm... all good.
unwar
more is always good
Matos
I'm not a keyboard guy, but if I was I'd be rubbing my junk all over this. love
shaft9000
i really like the crumar/rsf vibe to the design....and all them jacks MY ASS IS BLEEDING

i hope they take enough time to refine it into a cohesive reliable instrument, and not just another attempt at a 'kinda minimoog' w/ keys
acealive
suboptimal
That thing is utterly fuckin' rad.
GuyaGuy
shaft9000 wrote:
i really like the crumar/rsf vibe to the design....and all them jacks MY ASS IS BLEEDING

i hope they take enough time to refine it into a cohesive reliable instrument, and not just another attempt at a 'kinda minimoog' w/ keys

12 filter modes. I'm sure there's a Moogy one there somewhere but it sounds like it will offer a lot more!
GuyaGuy
Looks like we have the the first video demo. Pretty crappy though.

Actually the Dominion X video should hint at the filter capabilities. It has modes.

Madrayken
As ever, my MFB concern is with build quality and reliability. This is a well-specced product at a good price... if it's not built out of lego by drunk hamsters.
acealive
Madrayken wrote:
As ever, my MFB concern is with build quality and reliability. This is a well-specced product at a good price... if it's not built out of lego by drunk hamsters.

for what it's worth, I never had any issue with my MFB devices at all.
Build quality is totally solid in my experience, if if it looks cheap and plastic is used for the very affordable stuff.
(I have a 503, a 522 and a Nanozwerg and used to have a Synth II as well)
rekem1000
acealive wrote:

What a demo!! lol
Madrayken
acealive wrote:
Madrayken wrote:

Build quality is totally solid in my experience, if if it looks cheap and plastic is used for the very affordable stuff.

I don't mind 'cheap plasticky feel' - I love my Bass Station! I do mind 'not fit for purpose', 'terrible customer service' and 'costly returns without reimbursement'.

I bought an MFB filter which was so noisy as to be unusable for everyday use. I also bought a Kraftzwerg.

It suffered the worst midi note-dropping I'd ever experienced (about 1 in 5 notes stuck), a broken sync on oscillator 2, and the unit came back from repair the second time with a knob missing - not 'loose' or 'fell off', just 'not present anywhere in the packaging or machine'.

Even after this, I said 'fair enough' and asked nicely where I could find a replacement knob. I received no reply.

I realised that by this point I'd spent about £120 in postage charges. Despite MFB's stated claim that they reimbursed postage charges where their units were at fault, none of the postage was refunded.

I finally got Thomann to refund my money (and they were a huge pain, too, unusually - but that's another story).

It's my worst synth experience ever. I'll take a lot of convincing to consider this worthwhile, regardless of specs. The Dominion looks great, but branding is about the promise of a quality repeat experience - for good or ill.

I'd like a lot of other people to take the leap first on this one...
Rod Serling Fan Club
All of the MFB product I've owned have had issues. Bleeding mixers, noise where there shouldn't be, presets that wouldn't save, etc.

I've read a few threads where MFB and plan B modules basically killed people's interest in euro, which is sad.

I still have an MFB drum machine but it is noisy.
Christopher Winkels
Maybe my perception is wrong, but the area surrounding the ribbon strips on the left of the Dominion looks like a very steep and somewhat rough cutout. If a ribbon is going to be recessed there should be a smooth chamfer along the edge, not just a hole cut in the front panel.

The current unit gives the impression of a "proof of concept" mockup, not something that's ready for sale.
acealive
acealive
GuyaGuy
Christopher Winkels wrote:
Maybe my perception is wrong, but the area surrounding the ribbon strips on the left of the Dominion looks like a very steep and somewhat rough cutout. If a ribbon is going to be recessed there should be a smooth chamfer along the edge, not just a hole cut in the front panel.

The current unit gives the impression of a "proof of concept" mockup, not something that's ready for sale.

They're still prototypes.
Mort Rouge
Madrayken wrote:
acealive wrote:
Madrayken wrote:

I don't mind 'cheap plasticky feel' - I love my Bass Station! I do mind 'not fit for purpose', 'terrible customer service' and 'costly returns without reimbursement'.

I bought an MFB filter which was so noisy as to be unusable for everyday use. I also bought a Kraftzwerg.

It suffered the worst midi note-dropping I'd ever experienced (about 1 in 5 notes stuck), a broken sync on oscillator 2, and the unit came back from repair the second time with a knob missing - not 'loose' or 'fell off', just 'not present anywhere in the packaging or machine'.

Even after this, I said 'fair enough' and asked nicely where I could find a replacement knob. I received no reply.

I realised that by this point I'd spent about £120 in postage charges. Despite MFB's stated claim that they reimbursed postage charges where their units were at fault, none of the postage was refunded.

I finally got Thomann to refund my money (and they were a huge pain, too, unusually - but that's another story).

It's my worst synth experience ever. I'll take a lot of convincing to consider this worthwhile, regardless of specs. The Dominion looks great, but branding is about the promise of a quality repeat experience - for good or ill.

I'd like a lot of other people to take the leap first on this one...

It's such a shame, it seems like people have different experiences all the time about MFB.

I have never got any replies to my mails either, and the midi interface on my Kraftzwerg does the strangest things, but I can however say that the build quality isn't a problem. Just because it isn't made out of metal it doesn't mean it will break.

It seems like MFB have listened to people about the shortcomings of the Kraftzwerg, though, with the new MK2 version (that no one seems to talk about confused ). If he would just start hanging out here or something, I guess a lot of the bad word about his products could be remedied. seriously, i just don't get it
acealive
MFB represantative Uwe (tripbeat) hangs out at Gearslutz and sequencer.de every couple of weeks, maybe he doesn't know this forum or it's too much to handle more forums than those two. They are a very small company.

If you have problems, you could just ring them up, their phone number is on their website.
GuyaGuy
This vid has a little bit more of a sample of the sound

stikygum
Is this a keyboard version of the Dominion X or does this have extra features?
kimu
too expensive imo...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 1 of 15