MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Thoughts on expanding playabillity Plumbutter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Thoughts on expanding playabillity Plumbutter
kozepz
I read about inserting naked banana jacks for touch control, but with a lot of cables its not always that easy.

Now I was thinking about adding some clips to the left side and fit the banana jacks to it so its easier to play with touch.

A nicer solution would ofcourse be something like bananajacks connecting to screws and maybe some bananajack to jack on a separate panel.

Anybody has given this a thought already, or perhaps have other tips?
Much appreciated!

wednesdayayay
I love this idea

I really wanted to make a passive selector for the plumbutter

where you could have several sources you choose from and you pick one output to send like a [gate] or [switch] in maxmsp

so complex intermodulations can be swapped out on the fly without having to take down 4 story banana buildings

I like the plotting on the left better personally if it were a breakout box laid out more in a matrix (personal preference) I believe it would add another dimension

at one point i just have the plugs without the plastic of a banana plug in every jack on the plumbutter touching the gongs to ring them felt very good, the AVdogs had an interesting response that I would have to get more used to
kozepz
Wednesdayayay,
thats actually a good a idea to have a breakout box.
Perhaps my view was too limited towards the PB only, and I see the possibillities a matrix can give.

Perfect cloudy day with hangover to sketch some ideas.
windspirit
i actually bought a 50-pin computer connector pair for this purpose because, as peter mentioned when i asked him about it, there are 40 connectors on the pb. that being said once you wire it once there are lots of possibilities for what kind of box you put on the other end
wednesdayayay

this is most successful with the ground cable inserted into your mouth...ala the unbent performance spoon

purple and blue banana jacks seem best articulated by touch

so far they are just hooked up through aligator clips and banana jacks on the back end of the brass screws to a chosen input on the plumbutter

but i think i will pry off the clear back and solder onto those bare banana jack lugs

any thoughts?
windspirit
^ BALLIN
kozepz
Nice work! Love the duck!

You could add some extra screws and attach some varying resistors in between.
This way you can add extra resistance in your signal e.g. from avdog to ultra in.
Pugix has made some fixed cables for this, but adding your some values to your 'touch ' n play' desk can useful.
wednesdayayay

thank you for the kind words

i think i am changing the plan of soldering onto the lugs under the clear case.
while this works, I would like to be able to hotswap what goes where

so the new plan is banana jacks on the touch unit itself that can be patched anywhere on the plumbutter. these jacks would correspond with a screw on the unit. the new challenge is putting them somewhere they will not get in the way of playability, I need more wood.

I like the resistor idea I will have to play around with it a bit
wednesdayayay

success but I am 1 jack short...time to order some more
Hopefully I can work some more on it later tonight

I know this one isn't very pretty but if someone wants me to make them one I sure would

I am actually getting some lumber form my wife's grandpa in a couple weeks that he planed himself in north carolina

but it is also pretty easy to do if you have everything

I will get some demo video up tonight thumbs up if you cna't tell I am very excited
wednesdayayay
I do not have a cocoquantus or any other ciat instruments which use touch nodes..but it stands to reason that you could alligator clip to the touch nodes and bananify your instrument...

which i guess is the long way around making your own cables
slovo
Nice,i didn't realize ther was so much untapped potential in these. Makes me a little more inclined to buy one now... :9~
wednesdayayay
also consider this video I have posted here before which demonstrates control of a dan echo pedal's delay time through a very easy modification (all I did was solder an outside leg of the delay pot to a banana jack)

this is a very versatile instrument
kozepz
Is there any logic relation between the jacks and screws, do you know which jack is connected to which pin?

Missing the duck waah
wednesdayayay
I did like the duck, he is still there just filled in with chinesish lettering

there is a correlation between screws and jacks once I get them wired up

here is a picture of my wiring notes
the main picture (drawn on the wood) is made of of 2, 5 point shapes 3 triangles with an extra point in the middle (3, 4) and one 3 point triangle. for a total of 25 touch points

all the shapes are intertwined
sorry the picture is flipped

but when I get some more parts I'll do the whole thing a bit differently/logically
kozepz
thumbs up
looking forward to the video
wednesdayayay
I am wired up to K out of Y (1-25)

something that is very fun is stacking multiple jacks onto a single touch node allowing for the control of several parameters
wednesdayayay

here are a couple more pictures
kozepz
Nice work!
wednesdayayay

from the video:

the beginning to the spreading yesness of the oh no no's:

The taip are located right upon the topside, the taip are grown internally by the "hey neighbors". These "hey neighbors" top the taip flowers in the mid spring so as the leaves grow bigger. Without the taips topped they will never be able to communipath a way to form a simultaneous bond between the oh no no's and the yesness to be spread. The original taip flowers are a wonderfulike yellow (which can be used to make the green huey that is our sun's "true color®") but the flowers get confused by way of there own internal teleprompter and grow small flowers. These small flowers are very powerful but the fruit can be made sweeter by the application of a small number of golden hats.

this is the shortest explanation I can find.
mrbloor
Great explanation, me thinks the spirit of Peter B has entered you there, in a good way thumbs up
kozepz
wednesdayayay wrote:

The taip are located right upon the topside, the taip are grown internally by the "hey neighbors". These "hey neighbors" top the taip flowers in the mid spring so as the leaves grow bigger. Without the taips topped they will never be able to communipath a way to form a simultaneous bond between the oh no no's and the yesness to be spread. The original taip flowers are a wonderfulike yellow (which can be used to make the green huey that is our sun's "true color®") but the flowers get confused by way of there own internal teleprompter and grow small flowers. These small flowers are very powerful but the fruit can be made sweeter by the application of a small number of golden hats.

thumbs up

+ usefull youtube title: Ne Ne Taip [h(or see)] "ne taip ne" {it's happening} | this is what it will be |

What language is that?
wednesdayayay

two new frienderflies who are about to become

I'm going to get everything planned a little better this time and will order some more naners soon

i think the little apple will be the rolls controls pending some experimentation with the original.

the baskets bench will possibly end up as an "Casey Out's inn" wherein I hope to break out the Aux inputs as banana jacks, see if the extra input (at least it looks like on the mixer PCB where i assume the snare is there is an unused pad where the rest use both (I will get a picture when I open it up))on the snare can be broken out in a nana / 1/4". Also I may try to break out the white audio outs and the red jacks on the av dogs as 1/4 jacks as well I'm not 100% sure of that yet. Perhaps even dedicated 1/4 jacks for the ultrasounds. This will be a bit more involved and will wait until I'm done with the other.

this is going to culminate into a nice stand for plumbuttin which will allow for non neck bending and will incorporate all my extra bits
wednesdayayay
the language is lithuanian

MY ASS IS BLEEDING my brother found his lithuanian bride by way of final fantasy XI.

I enjoy the simple absurdity behind the idea of a product who has a "name" but the producer of said product just couldn't decided between two names (Ne Ne Taip / Ne Taip Ne (this in no way reflects my actual position on the name of the unit which is ne ne taip (until further note from us (me))))
wednesdayayay
I have a couple extra electret microphones....
I was thinking about adding at least one as a modulation source and or assignably input

being that I would at most be using a 9volt to supply power does anyone know if this would potentially be dangerous for the plumbutter or if it would even work as a modulation source

I'm wondering if it needs to be scaled in anyway to be useable
Dead Banana
kozepz
Finally started on the box.
The nanas in the middle will be connected to touch nodes inside this circle.
In the upper left corner I am building a small piezo-mic preamp following the schematics from Make Collins lab video.
There some room left for maybe a 5 and 6 rolzz, or some other things that might be usefull in the future.

wednesdayayay
Oh how cool!

Not sure how I kissed this, did you ever get further on it nanners
kozepz
wednesdayayay wrote:
Oh how cool!

Not sure how I kissed this, did you ever get further on it nanners

Hehe, at a slow pace of about one screw every 10 days hihi
Nah, I gave up on it...it takes up to much of space, but I'll make a euro panel for it to integrate with the skiff.
This is just all the space I have for my music, so no more big boxes hihi

The touchnodes were fun, wanted to try the steelwool thing from weinglas!
Guinness ftw!
The resistors were handy if you quickly wanted to reduce the signal, but I've made cables for that.

wednesdayayay
did you get that mic working or tested? That sounds real interesting
kozepz
No, I did not not get it to work properly but did not spend much time on it either to get it working.
weinglas
Great build nanners

kozepz wrote:

Guinness ftw!

hihi Chugging Beers Drinking
kozepz
weinglas wrote:
Great build nanners

kozepz wrote:

Guinness ftw!

hihi Chugging Beers Drinking

Buchla 222e but a lot safer hihi Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
wednesdayayay
momentary pushbuttons are very fun I will have to scrounge around and see how many I have

next thing I have been thinking about for a while is trying to "vactrolize" the 4rolls status LEDs
kozepz
wednesdayayay wrote:
momentary pushbuttons are very fun I will have to scrounge around and see how many I have

next thing I have been thinking about for a while is trying to "vactrolize" the 4rolls status LEDs

Pushbuttons are always nice!
What do you mean with vatcrolize the leds?
wednesdayayay
you can couple a flashing LED within a light free case with a LDR to make a sort of variable resistor if I am understanding correctly.
this should take the current driving the LED and turn it into resistance. I believe this could then be put in between let us say the orange out of an AVdog and the FM of a GONG. Again I don't really know what I'm talking about so I could be completely off base

So if I AM thinking correctly this should act as a variable attenuator based on your rolls that can be patched wherever you want

it seems like this was a big thing to do in the circuit bending community as the found toys tend to have blinking lights
wednesdayayay
Woah, this works on both the rolls and the deer horn

woah

I'll have to make a video

Just a photocell and some alligator clips is all you need

Rockin' Banana!
kozepz
wednesdayayay wrote:
Woah, this works on both the rolls and the deer horn

woah

I'll have to make a video

Just a photocell and some alligator clips is all you need

Rockin' Banana!

Eventually the leds get a function hihi
wednesdayayay
https://www.instagram.com/p/BbPbALMlSvu/?taken-by=nicholepichon

just thought I'd share this renewal of my old patching system for CL gear with video synthesis

I didn't ever expect it to work so well nanners
mrbloor
I've been thinking about this for a while, I'm building these things at the moment.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 2