MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

And so it begins...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author And so it begins...
moog55
The first of 11 Bug modules arrived on my doorstep today. SlayerBadger! Also in transit: a custom case w/psu, and a single frame. As a complement to the Bug modules, there's also a metalbox dual serge res eq module on the way as well.

This will give me an opportunity to dive in and explore while continuing my pursuit of additional modules and frames.

I'll update the system photo thread once I have everything up and running. Guinness ftw!
construct09
hmmm... ^ he looks familiar hihi
Congratulations Guinness ftw!
Tubeampguy
Sounds like great news! How long have you been waiting? hmmm.....
pas
construct09 wrote:

Actually Brian, I kept your bugcrusher cuz I prefer rev1's (I know, I'm odd) & sold Peter my extra rev2, which once belonged to jean.

Have fun Peter & try not to tear all your hair out hihi
a scanner darkly
Congratulations! w00t BugBrand!
Saw your setup on modulargrid - great selection of modules!

pas - curious why do you like rev1 bugcrusher more?
pas
a scanner darkly wrote:

pas - curious why do you like rev1 bugcrusher more?

The two are pretty much the same (I had Tom check), nothing unique, I just have a number of rev1s & love the look mixed w/ rev2s. I actually really love the colors of the rev1s, probably more.
a scanner darkly
thumbs up
moog55
construct09 wrote:

thanks! thumbs up

i think your response will be pretty common when people here see pics of my modules since all of them were bought second hand. to say i'm late to the bug party is an understatement. i almost missed the party altogether. lol

oh well, i'm giddy as a school girl right now as i start putting my system together. It's peanut butter jelly time!
moog55
Tubeampguy wrote:
Sounds like great news! How long have you been waiting? hmmm.....

well, i haven't really been waiting that long, actually. i'm really just trying to piece together a system via the second hand market.

nonetheless, the short wait for my modules to arrive in batches is already agonizing. hyper
moog55
pas wrote:
construct09 wrote:

Actually Brian, I kept your bugcrusher cuz I prefer rev1's (I know, I'm odd) & sold Peter my extra rev2, which once belonged to jean.

Have fun Peter & try not to tear all your hair out hihi

thanks, Pas! i was pretty chill about everything until your Bugcrusher showed up yesterday. now shit can't get here fast enough! hihi
moog55
a scanner darkly wrote:

thanks! to be honest, it really wasn't a "selection of modules" in as much as it was a matter of snatching up whatever modules people were willing to part with. hihi

overall though, it has worked out to be a pretty good little system. i can't wait to get it fired up.

i've seen your system in the pics thread and it is amazing and definitely a great selection of modules! do you split time between vancouver and seattle?
a scanner darkly
I live in Vancouver but travel to Seattle often (long distance relationship). Pacific Northwest rules! Still need to make it to Portland someday. If you ever visit Vancouver let me know!
krz
Yeah, PDX trip. I'm in!
moog55
a scanner darkly wrote:
I live in Vancouver but travel to Seattle often (long distance relationship). Pacific Northwest rules! Still need to make it to Portland someday. If you ever visit Vancouver let me know!

an ex-girlfriend of mine lives in vancouver so i'm VERY familiar with the seattle --> vancouver and vancouver --> seattle drive. hihi

i get up there periodically - mostly to drop off old synths and/or drum machines for repair. my memorymoog needs to be calibrated so I'll probably be heading up there in a month or so to drop it off. i'll definitely let you know. would love to get an up-close look at your insane bug system. woah we're not worthy
moog55
got home from work today to find my home further infested with bugs... BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand!

a scanner darkly
krz wrote:
Yeah, PDX trip. I'm in!

A Vancouver synth geek invasion? we can plan it at the next Vancouver meet, if that ever gets organized! smile
a scanner darkly
moog55 wrote:
an ex-girlfriend of mine lives in vancouver so i'm VERY familiar with the seattle --> vancouver and vancouver --> seattle drive. hihi

i get up there periodically - mostly to drop off old synths and/or drum machines for repair. my memorymoog needs to be calibrated so I'll probably be heading up there in a month or so to drop it off. i'll definitely let you know. would love to get an up-close look at your insane bug system. woah we're not worthy

Yeah, you know you travel often when the first thing the border guard tells you is "Hi, here to visit your partner?" smile

Yeah, definitely let me know, would love to show the Bug.
moog55
a scanner darkly wrote:

Yeah, you know you travel often when the first thing the border guard tells you is "Hi, here to visit your partner?" smile

Yeah, definitely let me know, would love to show the Bug.

Haha. Wow. They actually know you too well by now. I don't think any border agents recognized me, but it's possible. I went to Vancouver quite a few times.

But yeah, I'll def take you up on your offer if it all works out timing-wise. Are there any upcoming Vancouver synth nerdfests coming up? If so, I could maybe time a trip up there around that. If not, I'll be up later this spring probably.
moog55
new arrivals including some dual vactrol goodness. 8_)

how things are shaping up so far. BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand!

KNYST
beautiful.
a scanner darkly
moog55 wrote:
Are there any upcoming Vancouver synth nerdfests coming up? If so, I could maybe time a trip up there around that. If not, I'll be up later this spring probably.

We have semi regular coffee meets in Vancouver, keep an eye on this thread: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61875

But nothing like the recent MMTA Synthfest in Seattle as far as I'm aware. There used to be the Square Waves festival but not sure what happened to it...

Modules looking good! applause
moog55
two more bugs arrived along with some cables. plus the dual serge res eq. case w/psu and a single frame to start will be here in a couple weeks. w00t

BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand! BugBrand!
moog55
care package from Bristol arrived. 22 new bugs, a uCrusher, tshirt, stickers, etc. thanks, tom!

now i just need to track down 4 more empty frames and psu's.

polyroy
Damn, you're certainly not fucking about!
pulse_divider
Wow!
The sequencer might be my favorite I've ever used. It looks like you got one expander? I love that you can select gate/full on a per-step basis with it.
Totally jealous of your system and hope to get a small Bug voice to go with my sequencer sometime.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2