MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Module by Mark Verbos:The 247v Sequential Voltage Source
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author New Module by Mark Verbos:The 247v Sequential Voltage Source
abendrot
Looks amazing. Two modules this year already. Mark seems very productive at the moment.

I have been working on a new Sequential Voltage Source. It is only a single module space and packs a big punch. It does most of the things a MARF or ARF does, but without any menus. It can act as an 8 stage sequencer with two rows, voltage control of the clock/slide rate, switchable slides/pulses, pulse outs on each channel and the ability to loop from any stage to any stage. It can act as a multi-stage envelope, up to all 8 stages with any stage as a sustain stage or any stage pausing unless a key is held. It can act as ADSR, AHDSR, HADSR, AD, AR, AHD, LFO saw, pulse, square, triangle, something more complex, LFO that only runs when a key is held, LFO that only runs when a key is lifted.

I wanted a small sequencer with every function on the panel. I wanted to do TB-303/MC-202 type sequences with slides selectable per stage, where the pulse output holds the whole stage on a slide stage but only pulses 25% of the stepped stages. I desperately scrambled to complete two for my performance during the NAMM show. I made panels from PCBs because they take less time to manufacture. I only got one finished and then it didn't work when I got there! Anyway, it's working now. It's pretty fun.

mike sheridan
Argh! Want! Running out of space!
chrisso
Is it going to be green?
Hoping it's not another $1800 module.
abendrot
He said that the green panel was just for him because they are easier and
faster to make. Also hope for a good price on this one.
exeterdown
I haven't bought anything new since my initial 12 panel system (in an 18 case). I was looking at the Pendulum Ratchet but this... I've always wanted two sequencers that can play out of time with one another/off one another.
Votek_Mendo
Freaking cool.
panda30y
MY ASS IS BLEEDING
renzo
It is $1000
djangosfire
Very cool - I love all the Buchla format modules that Mark Verbos designs/creates! Guinness ftw!
Lyonel
djangosfire wrote:
Very cool - I love all the Buchla format modules that Mark Verbos designs/creates! Guinness ftw!

I agree! I agree! I agree!
chrisso
Nice!
can you clock it from an external clock?
Peake
Bravo!
batchas
Lyonel wrote:
djangosfire wrote:

+1
fluxivity
Running out of case for all the great modules
sascha.victoria
I feel that a lot of these high priced 3rd party Buchla modules that have no 'e' functionality seem to have a tax on them just because they are Buchla.
abendrot
Mh yes that's true for some modules but you have also consider that Mark
is maybe selling 15 to 20 of this module. If it where Eurorack he could easily
sell 150 or even more.
cbm
If you need to reach break-even selling just 10-25 pieces of a design like this, the R&D and tooling are going to have to be recouped across that number of units.
Arcade Sinusoid
The 247v came today! It's fantastic. Feature packed and alot of fun.
michaelvertex
I am digging the green even it was just for comp! thumbs up
opsysbug
Yes!
I had contacted Mark for one of these but in the end went for a 250e instead
as was offered one at a great price and I just want more experience with "e" modules. But it looks so great and
easy to use now I'm... hmmm..... waah a little.
Hopefully someday...Mark makes amazing stuff!
Guidotoons
I have one and am very pleased with it!

It is the perfect size for a smaller system... great features and build quality, as always.

All hail Mark Verbos!
Lyonel
Guidotoons wrote:
I have one and am very pleased with it!

It is the perfect size for a smaller system... great features and build quality, as always.

All hail Mark Verbos!

Awesome work Mister Verbos ! w00t thumbs up w00t
chrisso
It's very easy to use.
Just what I needed, although I was enjoying Morphun.
Will have to use both from now on.
BooleanYulian
... great module with some seemingly great features.. mine came in 2 days ago.. didnt have a chance to spend too much time with it yet.. but amazing so far..
Arcade Sinusoid
Had a couple Q's about the (enable, sustain, analog, and strobe) inputs.

I think I get the (ref) out. Sort of a lfo? If anyone knows for sure I would appreciate some info thumbs up

Anyways here is some info I got from Mr. Verbos via email.

If there is a high level on the sustain input and the start input the sequence will not move forward, if there is a high level on the enable input it will ONLY move forward if there is a high on the start input. In other words, if you patch from a stage output into the sustain input and plug a keyboard pulse output into the start input you have a sustain for a multistage envelope at that stage. If you plug a key pulse into start and a stage back to enable, it becomes a sequence that ONLY plays when the key is held.

The analog input allows you to select a stage from voltage. This allows the sequencer to act as a quantizer. It is only active when the switch is latched or when a pulse comes in the strobe jack. So, the strobe input can be a sequencer reset, or jump to any stage you set with voltage coming into that jack. That way a loop from any stage to any stage can be created. By plugging a stage output into the strobe input, the sequence can be made shorter. For an envelope, the key should be plugged into the start and strobe jacks and all stages should be in the slide position. Any stage in the middle can be the sustain.

Thank you Mark Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4