MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

2600 clone - Two Thousand Six Hundred (TTSH)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167, 168  Next [all]
Author 2600 clone - Two Thousand Six Hundred (TTSH)
Midnight_Oil
LED-man wrote:
AndyCap wrote:
Anyone heard when the cases might be shipping?

Jon gets the cases at the end of this week, shipping is maybe next week.

I kept a tab open on my browser to buy a case while I went on vacation, when i came back first week of Jan, I made the purchase, then found out on muffs the cutoff date was in Dec. I went back to the site and saw that the products page on THC was empty... waah I doubt I'm getting a case and tried to reach Jon, but no answer. I'll just wait it out. At least I have a confirmation # in case a refund is possible?
MalteseSynther
well....February came and is practically over, and still no word on a possible TTSH pcb/panel issue. I cannot understand what sort of business sense - or total lack of it - is being applied here. A product being sought after, and absolutely no feedback upon its future. Possibly I'm missing a lot here....can anyone please kindly enlighten me on what's going down? I mean here I am, with money in my pocket chasing a product, guys.....will there be another issue? A simple yes/no answer would suffice.
tobb
MalteseSynther wrote:
I cannot understand what sort of business sense - or total lack of it - is being applied here. A product being sought after, and absolutely no feedback upon its future.

Try to do the same then!,he is not manufacturing himself the cases,panels,pcb's..
MalteseSynther
tobb wrote:
MalteseSynther wrote:
I cannot understand what sort of business sense - or total lack of it - is being applied here. A product being sought after, and absolutely no feedback upon its future.

Try to do the same then!,he is not manufacturing himself the cases,panels,pcb's..

All I am interested in is in whether there will be another reissue or not, and if yes, how to secure a product, depending on the price without having to continuously monitor the page, only to lose out as everything went first come first served during the time I was offline. What goes on where, by whom, when and how do not figure in the equation. Other product developers keep updates, waiting lists and whatnots, which makes for great credibility and customer trust.
tobb
MalteseSynther wrote:

All I am interested in is in whether there will be another reissue or not, and if yes, how to secure a product, depending on the price without having to continuously monitor the page, only to lose out as everything went first come first served during the time I was offline. What goes on where, by whom, when and how do not figure in the equation. Other product developers keep updates, waiting lists and whatnots, which makes for great credibility and customer trust.

yes,but he don't post on this forum anymore.
sduck
MalteseSynther wrote:

All I am interested in is in whether there will be another reissue or not

Yes there will be, according to the information we have as posted here.

MalteseSynther wrote:

and if yes, how to secure a product, depending on the price without having to continuously monitor the page, only to lose out as everything went first come first served during the time I was offline.

Sorry, you'll need to actively monitor the page, or check here often. That's all any of us can do. Sorry if you don't like that business model, but that's what we've got, and whining about it isn't going to fix it.
MalteseSynther
I am simply criticizing constructively a situation.....not whining.....kinda different, no? anyways.....nothing to it....on with the show.. It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
AndyCap
LED-man wrote:
AndyCap wrote:
Anyone heard when the cases might be shipping?

Jon gets the cases at the end of this week, shipping is maybe next week.

Super, thanks for the info.
nicdro
Any news on the cases?
LED-man
I got this info on Friday: "Cases are being packed, they look amazing! I’ve got all tracking numbers ready, but it feels bad to mail them out before the orders actually ship"
karlisss
is there any plans on ttsh pcb+panel run in future?
fuzzbass
karlisss wrote:
is there any plans on ttsh pcb+panel run in future?

There is no official news, but with Uli Behringer making grandiose pronouncements, threatening to flip the table on segments of the DIY marketplace, I am not optimistic for the prospects of any large scale or full system DIY developments.
cosmikwolf
Anyone have an extra pcb + panel set they aren't going to build? I'd love to take it off your hands grin
sduck
This should be posted in the Want to Buy subforum
Midnight_Oil
cosmikwolf wrote:
Anyone have an extra pcb + panel set they aren't going to build? I'd love to take it off your hands grin

I was able to snag a Version 1 pcb. I won't build it until I can get a few duplicates out of it.

Is there confirmation that there won't be another run?
Jaytee
cosmikwolf wrote:

http://shop.thehumancomparator.net/ttsh-kit

Jon just put up some Rev 1 b-stock. May or may not be your last chance to get a TTSH straight from Jon.
Datachrome
Any news about when a new batch is comming? I have sold mine and it feels like a stupid mistake
LED-man
No further sales are planned.
Jon has new projects.

But feel free to build a arp2600 replica from JMLS, Check his Facebook page.
synthcube
who is up for another run- TTSH v4?

With earlier encouragement from DSL-Man Patrick, we have been talking with Human Comparator for a new run, using the V3 PCBs as the base and revising/correcting/fine tuning to create v4.

Pricing is expected to be about the same (or less) than the earlier TTSH runs, and bundles are likely to include VCO Synch and GateBooster PCBs for mods.

While the TTSH may not be as full featured as the new Logan Solomon Enigma for DIY, its a sentimental favorite around here, and may end up at a slightly different price point and build complexity than the Engima. So we are hopeful there is room for both DIY-friendly projects- and if we do the run, we expect the TTSH to be around indefinitely... also, there's a well known group of experienced TTSH builders out there, so if you do not want to assemble one yourself, you can always hire a high quality build for yourself.

So-- if you missed earlier TTSH runs, here's another chance--

Of course, comments and feedback from this community are welcome! If we proceed, order details will follow in a separate thread.
Jaytee
Wowowow!!! Would love to see the TTSH come back for another run.

For reference on price, the Enigma alpha PCBs (no panel) cost about twice what I paid for the TTSH PCBs and panel during the last run. I was excited about that project but it’s just too pricey for me. As I understand it, once the final version is ready for sale, they will only be offering it as a full kit, which is also kind of a bother for many DIYers. I think that leaves plenty of room for the TTSH.

I’ve had a few ideas on how a rev 4 could be improved. Mostly minor stuff, some of it probably obvious stuff that’s already planned. I’ll try to gather my thoughts on the topic and respond back here.
LED-man
Guinness ftw!
gruvsyco
Are the metal cases going to come up again. I missed out on the last round. I have a lamonde wood case but still think I would like the metal one.
sduck
Jaytee wrote:

For reference on price, the Enigma alpha PCBs (no panel) cost about twice what I paid for the TTSH PCBs and panel during the last run.

I didn't realize the price of the third run had dropped so much - the first run of the TTSH cost about the same as the enigma pcbs. Of course used sets can be found a lot cheaper, but the originals were about the same price. The price of the panel (enigma) is still up in the air, so to speak.
Jaytee
sduck wrote:
Jaytee wrote:

For reference on price, the Enigma alpha PCBs (no panel) cost about twice what I paid for the TTSH PCBs and panel during the last run.

I didn't realize the price of the third run had dropped so much - the first run of the TTSH cost about the same as the enigma pcbs. Of course used sets can be found a lot cheaper, but the originals were about the same price. The price of the panel (enigma) is still up in the air, so to speak.

Yeah, I remember the first run was quite a bit more expensive. I don’t know how much was the listed price actually dropping and how much of it was a more favorable exchange rate as time went on, but by the third run it was a lot less pricey. I think the exchange rate has only gotten more favorable since then even, but I don’t know if that’ll matter WRT rev4 with Synthcube taking over.
Jaytee
Unrelated to rev 4, but of interest to TTSH builders of all revisions: http://synthronics.de/dust-covers-ttsh-arp-2600/

Someone who makes slider dust covers for vintage synths just released a set for the TTSH. I recall there had been at least a few questions about this over the years.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167, 168  Next [all]
Page 166 of 168