MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

2600 clone - Two Thousand Six Hundred (TTSH)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 166, 167, 168  Next [all]
Author 2600 clone - Two Thousand Six Hundred (TTSH)
cleaninglady
something wonderful It's beautiful ! Amazing work Zthee !!

Count me in ! There goes 2014...
Barcode
This is freaking awesome! I totally want in! thumbs up
lessavyfav
I'm in! Email sent!
widdly
This is great motivation to clear my (considerable) diy backlog. I've got a 49 keybed I'm going to pair with this. That plus the built in speakers and reverb would make a great standalone system. Excited!
PF
cleaninglady wrote:

Count me in ! There goes 2014...

And 2015......
monstrinho
The 2600 is the thing I think I most regret selling out of everything I've ever owned. So yeah, count me in in a big way.
gddfp
It'll need an assistant.

Mr. Green
moog55
gddfp wrote:
It'll need an assistant.

Mr. Green

has there ever been a DIY arp sequencer clone project?
aladan
moog55 wrote:
gddfp wrote:
It'll need an assistant.

Mr. Green

SlayerBadger! we're not worthy
I think I just died and went to Muffs... oh, wait...
gddfp
moog55 wrote:
gddfp wrote:
It'll need an assistant.

Never seen one.
If there was one, I'd jump all over it. Best analog hardware sequencer I ever used...
beyourdog
I think it is a brilliant IDEA and conception to avoid the wiring experience to people...will make it much more simple and quick, I remember looking at my 2600 (when I had it and though, good, the wiring in that...)...
moog55
gddfp wrote:
moog55 wrote:
gddfp wrote:
It'll need an assistant.

Never seen one.
If there was one, I'd jump all over it. Best analog hardware sequencer I ever used...

i never had the 1613 sequencer, but always wanted one. the closest thing i had was a roland 104 sequencer (meh) that i promptly traded + $1500 for a synthi aks, but i digress...

i think a clone 1613 sequencer project running in parallel to zthee's 2600 clone would would make a killer set up. i don't want to distract zthee away from the 2600, so i may investigate spinning up a 1613 clone and see what's needed and if all parts are still readily available. we can go from there..
Rex Coil 7
FOUR PAGES on the first day zthee ....

I'd say it was a great idea to repost this, wouldn't you?
gddfp
moog55 wrote:
gddfp wrote:
moog55 wrote:
gddfp wrote:
It'll need an assistant.

Never seen one.

i never had the 1613 sequencer, but always wanted one. the closest thing i had was a roland 104 sequencer (meh) that i promptly traded + $1500 for a synthi aks, but i digress...

i think a clone 1613 sequencer project running in parallel to zthee's 2600 clone would would make a killer set up. i don't want to distract zthee away from the 2600, so i may investigate spinning up a 1613 clone and see what's needed and if all parts are still readily available. we can go from there..

{not trying to hijack Zthee's thread, so... quickly}

1601's schematics and even a board trace are floating through the internets.
Component-wise the 1601 uses fairly modern stuff: 3904/6's (1 pair matched), a whole bunch of 4xxx logic, some CA3086's, too many 1458's, and some picky-value resistors. All standard things, at first sight. Not sure about the MC14528CP.
I ain't no expert, but apart from the complex logic (as sequencers tgo), this seems relatively easy.
xpander
i am so in.

Fnord
You. I like you!!
rjp2
i'm in on this too, thanks for making this project thumbs up

And i agree, i would love to a 1601 clone.
I'd take two.
zthee
I could see myself making a 1601 after the TTSH. Love seqeuncers!
Bakeneko
me too + 1 for 1601
regards
cereyanlimusiki
I am looking forward to it.
nickster
zthee wrote:
I could see myself making a 1601 after the TTSH. Love seqeuncers!

The Chewbacca Defense

MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING
nanners
monstrinho
I'm not sure how other people feel about this, but personally I am going to want to cover the case in grey Tolex. I hope any case design will allow a few mm extra space to account for this. The idea of a 2600 in a wood cabinet really just doesn't work for me. Also, if the idea is to cover it in Tolex, it would allow for the use of lighter materials (possibly sone kind of strong, durable polymer). I really like the idea of a CNC cut, flat shipped case (or simply open-sourced CNC files so people could have it done locally).
Randy
I don't really care too much what it looks like as long as it sounds good. I'm trying to figure out how I could cut the front panel myself, that is really the only part that I need to be functional. The rest I can whip up myself.

I really have no desire to end up with something that looks like a 2600.

Randy
Pfurmel
monstrinho wrote:
I am going to want to cover the case in grey Tolex. I hope any case design will allow a few mm extra space to account for this. The idea of a 2600 in a wood cabinet really just doesn't work for me. Also, if the idea is to cover it in Tolex, it would allow for the use of lighter materials (possibly sone kind of strong, durable polymer). I really like the idea of a CNC cut, flat shipped case (or simply open-sourced CNC files so people could have it done locally).

I agree, this would be the perfect finish(excuse the pun!) for one of the most promising DIY projects I have seen. As you said, it opens up a wide range of options for the case material. I don't have any experience in these materials so hopefully someone can chime in with expert advice.
sduck
Since zthee's project is for a panel and pcb set, cases are up to others to figure out, and should probably be in a separate thread. Maybe. What do I know?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 166, 167, 168  Next [all]
Page 3 of 168