MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

2600 clone - Two Thousand Six Hundred (TTSH)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 164, 165, 166  Next [all]
Author 2600 clone - Two Thousand Six Hundred (TTSH)
roglok
Paradigm X wrote:
august cry cry cry

Just after I get back from the US for a wedding, meaning ill be completely broke...

cry cry cry

Anyone need a liver?

Ben, how about you build an extra for someone else and take the price of a full kit as commission?
elmegil
That's been my strategy, but I still had to have the money up front to get the boards and parts. So if you're broke, unless you have someone who's willing to pay first before you have anything....
Nuclues
Hello seriously, i just don't get it

Newbee Quest:

What can be wrong here, I have no power on the rails . The 12 uH is in and the 47 uF is in with the right polarity. I've put power on and read 12 or 15 V at the points shown in the picture, but there is no power at the rails, Could it be the TDK Lamda converter which is faulty?

Best regards, Nick
tojpeters
Are you checking for power before the ferrite beads?
You wouldn't get power at the distribution point without the beads in place.
Nuclues
Hi tojpeters
I checked following points :

The 2 points as shown in the pic ( to amp) is showing around 12 V.
At the 47uF cap I also read 12 V.
Under the dc converter ( TDK Lamda form the BOM)
Art the DC converter I read 15 V at the plus/minus V points at the top of the converter.

And I read 15 V from ground to V plus/minus at the bottom of the converter.

Yes Beads shoulb be at the correct place ( crossed as shown in the build)

What can be from since I did not get power out in the rails ?

Do I have to solder something from the dc converter out to the power rails ?? ( wild guess )

best from Nick
Nuclues
Yes applause now there's power at the rails. The problem was a sluppy soldering job at the dc converter.I kick myself in the butt for that

Thanks for helping me

/Nick
Nuclues
The Epcos epcos Film Capacitors 680pF 1KV 5% is not in stock anymore at Mouser. ( used in the 4027's)

I have som Wima FKP1 680pF 10 % vdc instead, can I use them in the 4027?

best from Nick
flts
Hi! There's the separate build thread (still shown on the first page) at https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98954 where you might get even better answers to these questions.

The 680pF cap is probably the only really critical one in the VCO submodule, but I think Wima FKP1 should be perfectly fine there as it's a decent quality film cap as well. You might want to confirm this from someone else who knows more about the differences.
sduck
Yes, you might want to move your build related questions to the build thread. And yes, your wima caps will work fine, go ahead and use them.

No more sloppy soldering, ok? This isn't a speed test - spend the time to do it right.
Nuclues
Hi flts
Thanks for the link to the build thread. Actually I ordered from Mouser after the BOM, but the epcos where not in stock anymore. So I got all the parts besides those epcos caps, that I can't find any information about in the thread.
Maybe I should give it a try ha ha

best from Nick
negativspace
680pF styrenes from Mouser fit nicely on the 4027s.
Nuclues
Sloppy soldering and writing in the wrong thread. That's a good start.. Not ...!

Thanks guys for help.. Going to the build thread from now hihi

Best from Nick newbee
fuzzbass
Nuclues wrote:
The Epcos epcos Film Capacitors 680pF 1KV 5% is not in stock anymore at Mouser. ( used in the 4027's)

I have som Wima FKP1 680pF 10 % vdc instead, can I use them in the 4027?

best from Nick

I used those same ones on my 4027s and they sing like birds. Well... I mean voltage controlled triangle wave generating birds. FKPs are fat little boxes and sometimes a tight fit, but on the 4027 there is ample room for them.
Nordcore
The difference a cap could make here is: temperature sensitivity.
That causes pitch drift with temperature. This can be compensated with the pitch slider.

All other properties of all film type caps are "good enough" to have no real effect. Temperature sensitivity of film caps is dependent of film type, not manufacturer. (Physics changes neither with brand name nor with box color. )
The tolerance of the cap is of no concern as it is trimmed out anyway.

Ceramics: Some Z5U ceramic cap might show unexpected behavior, I would not expect X7R ceramic to be noticeable worse than film, albeit not recommended. NP0/C0G ceramic should work well.
r0main
Hi guys, after missing the December launch window, I am (im)patiently waiting for the August batch of TTSH PCBs & panels.

Been a long time since I saw any news on that front, appart from below update by mush:

mush wrote:
I saw a new revision prototype pcb yesterday. It was white. And the speakers mounted onto the pcb. Didn't have the time to check it out more thorough, but I spotted a few more changes...

Any news on the progress of this MKII?
Also, given the problems with shipment of cases, do you think Jon/Zthee will continue to offer the metal cases option?

Best,
Romain
Nordcore
I would bet more on whats said in the text:
Quote:
The next run will happen sometime during fall.
collective cases
Hey guys a friend/client of mine pointed me to this thread. He mentioned you guys may need help with cases. I thought I would make my services known if you are in need and not aware of what I do. I don't want to just come in and spam your thread so I will be brief.

You can see some of my work at my website. If you do need help with this project or anything else please feel free to email me. I can do cases for specific projects / designs. I don't love doing 1 off's because they take a lot of time and end up costing to much to end users but they can be done as well. I do best when we can do some sort of group buy / quantities. If it is an on going project that helps as well.

I hope this is helpful.

Thanks

Dan

Collective Cases
www.collectivecases.com
sylvainmoreau
hi,

can someone tell me if there is a waiting list for the next batch ?
i registered 1 email in the TTSH page but never got any news.
LED-man
sylvainmoreau wrote:
hi,

can someone tell me if there is a waiting list for the next batch ?
i registered 1 email in the TTSH page but never got any news.

no waiting list here, but you can ask zthee by email.
next batch starts not in next days wink
due to new pcb layout/prototyping/testing in needs further weeks for a go -live
sylvainmoreau
ok thx..
wait you say : "prototyping/testing" will there be some changes from the first batch ?
LED-man
sylvainmoreau wrote:
ok thx..
wait you say : "prototyping/testing" will there be some changes from the first batch ?

yes, its important to fix some bugs by changes.
we have minor and major bugs in the rev.1

zthee got the bug infos from us.

futhermore some improvements like speakerholder and onboard wiring.
maybe zthee share the release infos here if he has tested/confirmed all changes in a working release.
axkan
So you're still targeting this fall for the new batch, right?
If so, please count me in!!! smile
r0main
This TTSH forum, after being hit by a storm during Springtime, is now very quiet.
Appart from logistic problems, updated BOM and silkscreen on the board, hopefully solved, do you think the two other major bugs will be fixed in TTSH mkII ? (Clock bleed, LED dimmer) eek!

Best regards,
Romain
Luap
r0main wrote:
This TTSH forum, after being hit by a storm during Springtime, is now very quiet.
Appart from logistic problems, updated BOM and silkscreen on the board, hopefully solved, do you think the two other major bugs will be fixed in TTSH mkII ? (Clock bleed, LED dimmer) eek!

Best regards,
Romain

Only Zthee knows. And he hasn't posted here for months. Probably best to drop him an email.
Perhaps ask when the kits will be available again while you are at it thumbs up
Last time I asked, he said July... Website says August, and August is nearly over now too..... confused
Nordcore
Expect all known issues to be fixed.

The text in the middle of the web site says: "The next run will happen sometime during fall."
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148 ... 164, 165, 166  Next [all]
Page 147 of 166