MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Frac Noob
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Frac Noob
bennybanana
Just got my first proper modular system! Blacet rack with VCO, Binary, Super VCO and a homebrew Bugdrand twin LFo/mixer. Finally had a chance to play with it and I've got to say it sounds incredible - love the VCo and the Binary spices it up alot. I've had a full System 100 setup for a number of years and love the interaction between the 2. I think i'm going to get a few of the more esoteric modules to begin with ( and a filter) and I can feel the GAS already. One thing I've noticed is the relative lack of Frac modules for sale, both here and ebay. Is it a case of people hanging on to them as they are somewhat rarer that the majority of Euro? Anyways I'm sure I'll have lots of Q's about various modules and interfacing them smile
Adam-V
Hi BennyBanana,

For some of the more esoteric offerings, check out Metalbox where you will find some ready made (well, made to order anyway) implementations of some of Ken Stone's CGS circuits.

I think folks tend to hang on to their frac modules more so than Euro. That is possibly a function of there not being so many to choose from though.

The frac stuff should play very nicely with the System 100.

Cheers,
Adam-V
bennybanana
I think I'd like a filter soon too. One of the few shortcomings of the System 100 is IMO the filter. To me they sound a little sterile, which is great sometimes, but I'd like another flavour, frobably the Filthy Filter. But the Metalbox stuff certainly interests me...I'm glad I chose Frac because the palette of choices in Euro would have been to much for a noob...thats why I'm saving the Euro for down the track a bit.
rezzn8r
Adam-V wrote:

I think folks tend to hang on to their frac modules more so than Euro.

I would agree. I've seen a lot more wigglers flipping Euro modules in the BST than Frac Modules. And, yes, the choice/variety/selection of modules in the Euro format probably has a lot to do with it.

Quote:
I think I'd like a filter soon too.

If you're patient, and browse the BST on a regular basis, then there are lots of filters to choose. In my frac system I have a Livewire Frequenstiener, a SynthTech MOTH 1490 Ladder Filter, a BugBrand State Variable Filter, a STG/Magic Smoke Mankato, Wiard Boogie and Borg filters, and a FoH Plagure Bearer.

Quote:
For some of the more esoteric offerings, check out Metalbox

+1 for Metalbox! Some great options there for sure SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1