MUFF WIGGLER
one billion tastes and tunes

FAQ & Terms Of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Information
Please join us at NAMM! MW will be hosting a booth and we would like to invite all manufacturers small and large to join us. We are delighted to support this scene and help provide booth space for anyone who wants to show off their gear and partake in the company of the best group of folks on earth. Please email [email protected] to discuss details. Hope to see you there!

MW Radio

Search for at
MUFF WIGGLER Advanced Search
OBX voice card (with non-custom CEM3310 equivalent circuits)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 143, 144, 145  Next [all]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author OBX voice card (with non-custom CEM3310 equivalent circuits)
EMwhite
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the time you get done soldering [EDIT] ~2,100 components you are going to want to mount it on a pedestal in the middle of your room with spot lights shining on it from every angle as if it was sold by Swarovski.

Looking at Crow's partial build is starting to make me nervous (board weight perspective. So maybe a plexi case with slots grooved on each side wouldn't be a bad idea. I may work something up with a base footprint that rests nicely on my Kurzweil.

Btw: my panel is finished and on it's way to me, should arrive Friday. If the holes don't line up, it will be relegated to control my multi-voice SEMs project hihi. Couldn't resist taking advantage of that 20% off special. Will see hmmm.....

Last edited by EMwhite on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
negativspace
Manhattan Analog

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1200... I routinely do that in a day or two of building Manhattan Analog modules. Sounds fun!
mOBiTh
Super Deluxe Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i can't stand perspex cases, yuk, they're so bendy (especially on one this big!) and cheap feeling, and the edges feel horrible Dead Banana

Think I'm gonna go wood and metal with plenty of ventilation It's peanut butter jelly time!

SND1: http://soundcloud.com/mobith/sets/mobith-2012/

SND2: http://soundcloud.com/mobithsynth
oldcrow
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EMwhite wrote:
Looking at Crow's partial build is starting to make me nervous (board weight perspective).

When it is finished I will have a support system in place to hold the voice cards. I originally wanted to install them vertically, but they're too long to fit in a 5U height. So, I will use between-board nylon spacers and an edge frame. --Crow

The Real MC
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Verified large shipment of components from Digikey from my BOM, and all is correct!!
The Real MC
Wiggling with Experience

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oldcrow wrote:
Slowly the master vision takes shape: here is a nearly-finished host board with a fully-populated carrier board mounted to it, and the carrier board loaded with a slot adapter and attached crowbx voice board.

More later,

Crow
/**/

That is (going to be) one seriously dense module!

gslug
Common Wiggler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is one seriously impressive piece of gear! The TSSH is what finally persuaded me to join the forum, but I'll have to get one of these too...
suitandtieguy
Hammond King

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is exciting!

suboptimal wrote:
... if it's music you want to make with your modular, STG should be in your system.
mikecameron
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just added the rev1 single voice and rev. 2 4-voice crOwBX to the gear list for Knobcon. Looking forward to getting my eyes and ears on this thing oldcrow!
oldcrow
Veteran Wiggler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Old Crow and the Art of Cap-fu Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Due to the dense packing of boards, I knew there would be a few "interesting" mounting requirements for the larger components in the "regulator" corner of the voice and slot adapter boards. It turns out voice boards #2 and #4 along with slot adapters #1 and #3 will use a capacitor mounting scheme like this. Perhaps in a future rev I'll go to SMT electrolytics.

Voice board, the slot card is shown positioned closer than the actual mounting dimension to verify the clearances.

Slot adapter capacitor and 78/79L15Z regulator detail. Also note the close trimming of the KK156 male headers needed on slot adapters #1 and #3.

Almost done with first of four rev2 voice boards...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 143, 144, 145  Next [all]
Page 34 of 145

Jump to: