MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Segue & serious filter - PCBs/panels now available
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Segue & serious filter - PCBs/panels now available
andrewF
from my blog -
Panels are 2mm white PCB with ENIG gold finished lettering. The Segue can take 1206 or 0805 resistors, the serious filter is 0805 and the transistors are SOT23.
These are in stock now w00t

Segue (vactrol version)
This is a VC panner, VC cross-fader, VCA and VC attenuator, processes CV and audio.
Very easy build.
The scope pic shows the signals on the two outputs as an audio signal is being panned by a LFO saw-wave. BUILD INFO & BOM HERE

PCBs - US$18
panels - US$20
airmail - US$5 per order

Serious filter
Serious? well... it is based on the Arp4023 and will make the room shake or scream like nails on chalkboard and everything in between. Makes a nice quadrature oscillator too. BUILD INFO & BOM HERE

PCBs - US$18
panels - US$20
airmail - US$5 per order

flab
cant wait to build that filter . Also i am so jealous of these vactrol enclosures
ablearcher
Must resist buying new nlc pcbs until I finish building old nlc pcbs...

You are making this very hard. And taking over my system.
lowacid
Ooo VERY tempted applause
grilojoe
That filter looks sweet. applause
jondent
It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
andrewF
jondent wrote:
It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!

yours are in the mail Jono Driving
jondent
andrewF wrote:
jondent wrote:

aS my mate Mike keeps telling me, everything sounds better with vactrols
thumbs up
jondent
jondent wrote:
andrewF wrote:
jondent wrote:

aS my mate Mike keeps telling me, everything sounds better with vactrols
thumbs up

Thanks Andrew Guinness ftw!
andrewF
Build guides and BOMs for both modules now up, on THIS PAGE (scroll to the bottom)
petkost
Thanks andrewF for the built notes,
always easy and super useful.
I really like the analog spirit of your modules.
Thanks a lot.
jondent
ablearcher wrote:
Must resist buying new nlc pcbs until I finish building old nlc pcbs...

You are making this very hard. And taking over my system.
ablearcher
finally building up my segue. what's with the LED mounted behind the panel with no hole to the outside? just lighting up my case? should it be an ultra bright?
andrewF
It is a critical part of the circuit and nicely makes the panel glow as well.
Something with a low Von is best; red or green. super- or ultra- bright is fine....best even
animalman
What kind of CV is expected for the Segue when it comes to panning?
Only positive or bipolar, and in what range?. Looks sweet btw!
andrewF
animalman wrote:
What kind of CV is expected for the Segue when it comes to panning?
Only positive or bipolar, and in what range?. Looks sweet btw!

Bipolar and positive both work, 5V gives good panning.
You use the CV pot to attenuate the CV and the Initial pot to set the circuit so the CV is panning the signal(s) nicely. In the scope shots in the 1st post I was using a bipolar 5V p-p tri-wave.
ablearcher
oooh. I put it in before I saw your reply, stuck a blue one in there and it seem to work fine, worth switching it out for red or green?

it is a nice glow, didn't expect it to be seen through the panel so easy.

now the laser sounds pan back and forth! SlayerBadger!
andrewF
ablearcher wrote:
oooh. I put it in before I saw your reply, stuck a blue one in there and it seem to work fine, worth switching it out for red or green?

If it works, just enjoy. It's peanut butter jelly time!

Really the only difference is you would have to turn the Initial pot up a little.
flab
my segues grew some mushrooms,
I used some GL5549 ldrs together with some green ultra bright LEDs they seem to respond nicely! thanks for the project Andrew , that was a quick one
andrewF
Nice - diy vactrols are the best kind Combine Overwatch

Are those Thonkiconn jacks? Any issues using them with NLC PCBs?
ablearcher
I used thonkiconns on my last few nlc builds, they didn't fit into the action panel but worked great in segue, mixseq, fk1t, and collude. Forget if I used them in any before that but they are a great time saver.
flab
I used them in few designs of yours,I checked them next to the tayda ones - and look the same- switch ,ground, tip,so far no problem. Is just that I runned outof tayda jacks-But to tell you the truth i hate the plastic nuts from tayda. I ll maybe start to buy the tayda ones together with a proper hex nuts from somewhere else.
flab
hey, i just build two of those serious filters , all done but i can not really see the 4x104, i used only 3, i have v3 board, the docuent bom is v1, could be just a quantity that changed or an update with a pcb? thanks in advance
seriously, i just don't get it
andrewF
flab wrote:
hey, i just build two of those serious filters , all done but i can not really see the 4x104, i used only 3, i have v3 board, the docuent bom is v1, could be just a quantity that changed or an update with a pcb? thanks in advance
seriously, i just don't get it

Just 3 now, they are all decoupling caps.
flab
thanks man,

may i ask why you went for a thru hole 13700 ? when you have already 072 etc as smd, i understand the capacitors though

also i have one working as expected, and one half working, only the bp out is ok, cv inputs are not responding as well, any ideas were to start reflowing?the two 072s and around those?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2