MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ginkosynthese grains as DIY soon available!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author ginkosynthese grains as DIY soon available!
jwhagenbeek
The PCB design is finished and they will arrive soon!
The module is a very small (4HP) FOF oscillator based on an arduino nano.
The kit will be 45,- euro including all parts (including a preprogrammed arduino).
I will do workshops with this module too but as I can keep the price low I think it is worth to mention here too!

How it sounds:
https://youtu.be/YnkrdaIEhF0

sammy123
Very cool
jackmattson
Very cool. Didn't know about the nano.
jackmattson
Very cool. Didn't know about the nano.
Great size. Great Price. Cool idea!

Can we get more samples please? What is it exactly? Is there a panel?
Egor
sounds cool.... i'd be in for a couple
edwinm
Looks good! I'm in!
search64
Cool! Put me down for one
setsun8
Does kit price include an aluminum panel as well?
Dogma
count me in for sure. So what technique are you using (synthesis wise) - grains gives me a pretty good idea though smile
jwhagenbeek
The frontpanel is part of the kit but to keep the price as low as possible I start with black perspex laserengraved front panels (and maybe some funky colors for falafelbiels razz). I would love to add an aluminium frontpanel but that will add something to the price as I have to pre finance the production costs
setsun8
Right on, non aluminum panel is not a deal breaker for me at all. Still interested, would love more demos hihi
jwhagenbeek
what you see/hear is the first prototype of the grains, controlled by 3 Ginkosynthese TTLFO's and one DinSync modseq. This early prototype runs the granular Auduino software. In the later prototypes I rewrote the software for better use with modular cv sources and a more stable soundquality. Two out of the 5 cv inputs where not adding much and in the code I gave them the value of the sweet spot of the potentiometers. The other function added in the latest version is a proper 1V/oct pitch so it can be controlled better by modular sequencers.
NOTE THE VIDEO IS THE UNMODDED VERSION OF THE CODE AND DOES NOT SOUND THE SAME BUT IT GIVES AN IDEA
https://youtu.be/loHO7Q5b0oo
jwhagenbeek
The main idea behind this kit is that it is simple, cheap and can be build in about half an hour (I will use it for workshops).
The sound out of the grains is a very nice addition to the modular and the panel is only 4HP. I made a prototype a long time ago and used it really a lot in my own livesets. I had the idea to make a module out of it when the time is ready for it.
The trigger to make it was STRP festival this year. I had a stand over there with my modular to show the sampleslicer, but a lot of people seemed to like the prototype of the grains that much that I made a special limited edition for the second weekend of the festival... they where gone two hours after the doors opened.
SmartBits
Nice, I'm in for one! Where and when are you going to do the workshops?
darmklacht@gmail.com
wow! 45 euro modules that can be done in half an hour. what a wayy to get a serious addiction started It's peanut butter jelly time!

sound is interesting too!
mikecameron
I'm in for one!
monno
One more thing to add to my backlog!
Color me interested.

The price is more than manageable and, since I am running out of space rapidly, I appreciate the small footprint.

I have been rocking a Ginko DIY case for a few months and I see now i may have to get a bigger one soon. It´s a shame the birch plywood option is not available anymore.
falafelbiels
jwhagenbeek wrote:
The frontpanel is part of the kit but to keep the price as low as possible I start with black perspex laserengraved front panels (and maybe some funky colors for falafelbiels razz)

Ooooh don't have any funk in the rack yet, glitter please!

CrysWiz
count me in 1 or 2
4floorsofwhores
Put me down for one smile great stuff
woodster
Always interested in whatever Ginkosynthese has to offer.
Will definitely be up for one, maybe more if Ali panels ever see the light of day at some point in the future...
mrtweed
looking forward to one of these at least.

thumbs up
scottmoon
I would love one. thumbs up
SmartBits
For those without FB, Jan-Willem posted a nice video:

Sounds very promising, love the sound!
Dogma
SmartBits wrote:
For those without FB, Jan-Willem posted a nice video:

Sounds very promising, love the sound!

Sounds like a filter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11