MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

Skylab Mult Plate Mod - pics
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Skylab Mult Plate Mod - pics
djangosfire
Rather than building a stand alone "format jumbler" style jack converter...or losing a module space for a helper panel - I came up with a simple solution for my Skylab: modify one of the small back plates on the cabinet into a "Mult Plate"

Not much room on the little panel, but I was able to get 3 sections: 2x that had Tini-Jax, 1/4 & Banana and 1x with Tini-Jax to Banana.

Right off the bat this panel allows easy and clean interface with a Kenton Pro Solo II that i just picked up.

While I was at it - I also added 1/4 outs to the other backplate... which are tied direct with the 206e L & R main outs.... and added 1x more Tini-Jax to Banana converter smile

A few other ideas I'm considering that could be built into these little plates:
- simple attenuator
- glide/slew
- break out connector to power a "satellite" module box
- ???

Here are some pictures of the work - Cheers - Adam

BHC303
what a great idea!

Look forward to seeing the others evolve!

Sick we're not worthy
abendrot
My skylab will arrive in 3 weeks. Have to do that as well. Such a great
idea Adam. we're not worthy
weinglas
Adam, this is an awesome idea and another perfect build! Looks beautiful on the back of your skylab!
ModusOp
Looks awesome!

Just wondering... Do the audio outs I see in that photo come standard, and do you need a mixer module to use them? (Sorry. Total noob here. Haha.)
BHC303
ModusOp wrote:
Looks awesome!

Just wondering... Do the audio outs I see in that photo come standard, and do you need a mixer module to use them? (Sorry. Total noob here. Haha.)

It sounds like they are wired to the mixer outs (206e)

Not sure how though.
muffintop
Brilliant! thumbs up
Minimoog56
Smarter than the average bear!
abendrot
Just one question. Is it possible to install a lamp on the skylab.
I asked BEMI and they said it is but they won't do it. would love
to have on mine. Anybody has any experience with it.
sersch
Interesting. I ordered my Skylab in February 2012 from B&A with a BNC lamp connector for 50 US$ extra.
fluxivity
genius - anything for a little more functionality without mandating a whole new boat
SewerBadger
Minimoog56 wrote:
Smarter than the average bear!

And not just your average Pic-a-Nic Basket!
djangosfire
Thanks guys - it should prove to be a handy tidbit, I couldn't be more pleased with the result smile

RE: the 1/4 audio outs - those jacks are indeed hardwired to the main outs of the 206e mixer - nothing fancy, but highly useful IMHO.

abendrot
sersch wrote:
Interesting. I ordered my Skylab in February 2012 from B&A with a BNC lamp connector for 50 US$ extra.

Yes that was what Kent told me that it would be 50$ extra but Laurie told me
that they don't have the tools to make that mod. Which I find strange.
jooks
Great idea and very nicely built!
roman_f
you may install the d-sub 9 pin connector, connect it with bus boards inside the boat (solder in the bus-pcb or in spare edge connector) and send all 9 power and digital rails to another unpowered boat with such cable

jondent
Both excellent ideas from Roman & Adam.

applause applause

Thanks for the pics too. Guinness ftw!
jvt
Wonderful work, Adam. I can easily see this evolving into the new "Micro Module" format. Now let's see if someone can squeeze a 16-step sequencer, slew, attenuverter and low pass filter into that space! hihi
pustule
Weird that they won't install the lamp.. I Haden's installed on mine for 50 bucks back in December
batchas
pustule
Re: the 1/4 audio outs-- I'd be curious to see how you did this... Is it a permanent change to the 206e where it would void the warranty, or something you can easily disconnect?

Also, I love the mults you added, awesome!!
batchas
pustule wrote:
Re: the 1/4 audio outs-- I'd be curious to see how you did this... Is it a permanent change to the 206e where it would void the warranty, or something you can easily disconnect?

You can simply pick the audio signal directly from the female L/R tiny output plugs.
I picked the ground signal directly from the tiny jacks, so I soldered 3 wires to my 206e, but you could even pick the ground from the distro board ike Adam did for his multiple.
My guess is that it voids the warranty but it won't be a prob to unsolder from the 2 lugs without making them look bad anyway.

Maybe you could also simply twist 2 solid core wires instead of soldering them?
And pick the ground from distro. No idea how optimal the connections would be then.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1