MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

best (affordable) color video cameras with genlock?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Author best (affordable) color video cameras with genlock?
analogPedagog
Sorry if this has been discussed but I did a quick search and didn't find anything concrete. What are the affordable options for color cameras with genlock? Part #s would be great wink
I need at least 2-3, maybe more - so if there is a security system I can order that's definitely cool.
Thanks all!
barto
probably ebay for an older studio cam or a security cam. searching for genlock probably wont bring up results and there is a wide variety out there. make sure you see a photo, especially for security cams, that one of the connections is genlock (sometimes they have other sync methods that wont work for you)
analogPedagog
barto wrote:
probably ebay for an older studio cam or a security cam. searching for genlock probably wont bring up results and there is a wide variety out there. make sure you see a photo, especially for security cams, that one of the connections is genlock (sometimes they have other sync methods that wont work for you)

Yea I was looking into options like this : PELCO MC3710H-6 that Matos suggested. Seems fine for some of the cameras duties I need but I would also like a color option.
What about different lens', worth it?

My applications are mostly indoors/low light venues - stages/crowds etc.
barto
i got both of my security cams from one auction, both are color and they have different lenses which is handy. depending on the venue, you may want a longer lens, it seems like a lot of the more reasonably priced auctions come with pretty wide angle lenses
analogPedagog
Which camera are the ones you have?
barto
theres a bunch out there, mine are panasonic wv-cp464. got both for around $60
analogPedagog
good to know thx!

I just picked up three Panasonic WV-BP314 off eBay.
$14.99 a piece with simple lens'
7 left if anyone wants to grab that deal smile
Gonna look into some color cameras now...
starpause
analogPedagog i'm now in the same boat of camera shopping. how did the Panasonic WV-BP314 go? what signal should the LZX system send to genlock?

also for stage/crowd i was thinking an ir camera may work better than anything else... anyone with experience there? the reviews on anything under 100 sound pretty terrible, this looks like it might work (don't like the weird controller thing, at least it has composite out):

http://www.uniden.com/video-surveillance/wireless-security-surveillanc e-system/invt/udw20055g

something like this looks slightly better but i can't figure out if the receiver puts out valid NTSC or if it's a progressive hack like some of the other cheap electronics i've picked up:

http://dx.com/p/1-to-2-2-4ghz-wireless-waterproof-surveillance-securit y-cameras-w-27-ir-led-night-vision-black-114369

all ears on the subject!
analogPedagog
starpause wrote:
analogPedagog i'm now in the same boat of camera shopping. how did the Panasonic WV-BP314 go? what signal should the LZX system send to genlock?

The WV-BP314 works great. I also grabbed a few WV-CP464 for color video. Both cameras use genlock. If using the LZX TVI, patch the CSYNC output to the genlock input on the camera. Or go straight from the video out to the VSG. No additional sync cable required for that. Both cameras use BNC connectors so you're going to need a BNC to RCA. Also note that the BP needs 24VAC. The CP will run off of either 24VAC or 12VDC.
starpause
analogPedagog thanks! WV-CP464 looks solid.

general question... what's the attraction to old security cameras over consumer camcorders? night vision? better image? feedback applications?

i noticed there's also a bunch of new security cameras, IR ones as cheap as $20 on ebay and the likes. curious if there's any experience with those... say something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCTV-Security-Camera-Weatherproof-65ft-IR-Day- Night-Surveillance-Camera-By-ZMODO-/171105682171?pt=US_Security_Camera s&hash=item27d6b182fb

seriously, i just don't get it
barto
starpause wrote:

triple video interface.
barto
starpause wrote:
analogPedagog thanks! WV-CP464 looks solid.

general question... what's the attraction to old security cameras over consumer camcorders? night vision? better image? feedback applications?

small size, genlock, fairly cheap, and easily changable lenses. i have a couple vhs camcorders that ill use every now and then. but if you want to have multiple camera feeds you need something with genlock and the TVI. you could get an older broadcast studio cam but those are big and heavy and much more expensive
fishman
I guess you can find useful info on some review site.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis  
Page 1 of 1