MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My new 300 case
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author My new 300 case
laserpalace
My uncle has been working on this case for some time now and the outcome is incredible. Here are a few pictures to show it's functionality, much like the 300 system it is very well designed and implemented. Thank you to Graham Hinton for the incredible PSU, and of course Cary and Grant for being brilliant! I'm beyond excited.

thesnow
Beautiful, man! Nice work! Way happy for you! A 2nd Classic VCO or Sequantizer would look sweet in there! thumbs up Congrats!

Edit: Actually I see you still need a Dual Mixolator, which is perfect! thumbs up
Kent
Wow! What we are seeing here is several layers of awesomeness. Nice job to everyone involved.

Simply stunning execution.
JohnLRice
GORGEOUS! love
themanthatwasused
wiard lust in full effect
screaming goo yo
construct09
The drawers a clever touch, lookin good!
flts
that is brilliant. gives me some inspiration for my case project as well...

edit: how deep is the whole case btw?
slow_riot
just wow...
chamomileshark
very, very nice.
laserpalace
Thanks guys. I'm very happy with the result, and really it was all my uncle. I gave him a couple ideas and he went wild with it. I especially love how cover of the case snaps and and folds underneath, and yes the backside access is brilliant, a friend said it was akin to a Cadillac. It's a perfect enclosure for what I think is a perfect synthesizer.

As far the final spot, I'm holding out for a mixolator to round out my system. Although if a WFC came up or the elusive filter I might go for one of those.

flts
It's deep, I believe around 42cm. There was a little extra so that the PSU and DIN cabling didn't conflict.
flts
thanks for the info! i'm planning to initially house the system in a normal ~40cm deep 6U flightcase i have lying around, but eventually building some sort of nicer wooden case with my father since i don't intend to haul the system around a lot and those modules really deserve beautiful wood & hardware.

it looks like a 300 system with the hinton psu won't (easily) fit in a much more shallow case than 40-45cm unless you get something like a 9u case and house something more shallow to lower part so you can have the psu and module frames practically on top of each other.

aside the looks, i love the backside access idea and the drawer. i used to have an integral bag in the lid of my DIY case that held patch cables, but a drawer is an order of magnitude cooler.
jamb
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up yeah!
HueMonContact
Great looking case Ryan!
Great sounding too.

i just purchased your "Control Theory" release... really nice work! thumbs up

you guys should check it out:

[bcalbum]3271915868[/bcalbum]
numan7
woah beautiful woodwork - love that hinton rear panel - and so awesome that it is wide enough for 7 wiard 300 modules! we're not worthy

cheers
laserpalace
HueMonContact
THANK YOU! It's such an incredible system. I'm constantly amazed by the versatility my patches create within the 300. Subtle shifts change the entire feeling. Thank you very much for your support.

The case feels like a work of art. Thanks again to everyone for checking it out, I'll relay the messages to my uncle. I'm sure he would love to hear it.
Ekofisk
What's to be the last module? Omnifilter?
VCOscillator
looking great!

The blue Wiard modules are some of the most aesthetically pleasing interfaces I have seen. I want me some 300 action at some stage.
sensanalog
Very nice setup laserpalace! I love the woodwork and design. I might have a spare dual mixolator that would fit nicely in that last space. razz
laserpalace
Ekofisk
If an Omni presented itself in the near future, then yes absolutely. But I think I'm holding out for a mixolator.

sensanalog
A spare mixolator!? That's a problem I would love to have hihi
thesnow
Adding the Dual Mixolator will definitely make it the "official" Wiard 300 system!

I notice your PSU has 2 power switches and overall the case has 2 power sockets... care to elaborate on any mods you had done and what they're for? Also, is the PSU on a 4U panel or 5U?
HueMonContact
laserpalace wrote:
HueMonContact
THANK YOU! It's such an incredible system. I'm constantly amazed by the versatility my patches create within the 300. Subtle shifts change the entire feeling. Thank you very much for your support.

The case feels like a work of art. Thanks again to everyone for checking it out, I'll relay the messages to my uncle. I'm sure he would love to hear it.

you are very welcome! i look forward to more of your Wiard releases in the future.

+1 on on the Omnifilter! but dam the Mixolator would be sick too!
laserpalace
thesnow
The panel is a 4U FullPower PSU. There are no modifications, the second switch is actually for a small fan built into the top of the case. This wasn't entirely necessary but keeping it as cool as possible in there will only increase component longevity and ensure that there is good ventilation. I can't recommend the Hinton PSU enough, I definitely notice a subtle sound quality difference.
numan7
is that a vent fan at the top of the case, btw (and is there a thermostat inside somewhere, if a vent-fan is what it is)?

cheers
numan7
woah you answered my question right before i asked it, LP! bizzarre! :esp:

Cthulhu

cheers
digital_steve
This is really, really amazing.
Well done and can I please have it?
hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2