Who would come to Canada for a 3-day Analog Cottage event?

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Who would come to Canada for a 3-day Analog Cottage event?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:27 pm

Really, super long shot, I figure there's no way more than 1 or 2 people, probably not even, that would do it.

But if I'm wrong, I could totally host and would make this happen. I'm thinking early July.

Limited sleeping quarters in the cottage, but safe, dry room to set up loads of synths. And a big field right beside the cottage that can fit 100 tents. And cooking/washing quarters. And a lake, beach, canoe, kayak and a small sailboat. And the sounds of nature.

Nestled into the quiet, forested Laurentian mountains of rural western Quebec.

Here's the location in Google maps, if you wanna figure out how drivable it is...
Last edited by Muff Wiggler on Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Muff Wiggler
wait, what?

Post by Muff Wiggler » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:29 pm

nearest airport would be YOW, and I would gladly arrange transport for anyone who was driving in. If there were a few of you I would eat the cost of renting a van.

Bricks
paper kettle

Post by Bricks » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:56 pm

I *might* be making a Montreal run in August for a Radiohead show.. trying to be travel-adventurous. Never been to Canada (kicks self).. but the show is on a Weds, which would be tough to pull off.
So presuming this event is a weekend, it'd be a much better way to do it!

I'll keep an eye on this thread.. if you wind up putting something together, I'll see if I can make it work. I'm a carless hippy, but my soon-to-be housemate and fellow synth-geek has wheels.

I've only got 12U of modular.. but other fun stuff includes monomachine sfx6, schumann pll, space echo, midines, talkbox, etc..

I've always been jealous that those synth events all seem to take place on the west coast! I wanna have my pic taken with a Buchla 200e, damnit! ; 0

One way or another, this is a killer idea.. and very very generous of you to offer help with transport and such!

Chuck E. Jesus
holier than thou

Post by Chuck E. Jesus » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:27 pm

sounds fun, but i couldn't even get my ass to Indiana...plus early July is my birthday, and if everything works out i should have a bigger camper and my remote studio hooked up, me holed up, and money tied up into that project...

how's the fishing there?

J.w.M.
Analog Addict

Post by J.w.M. » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:06 am

Wow-- that's an absolutely brilliant idea, Muff. Damn I wish I had more money and wasn't trying to put every dime into my CalArts fund. Here's hoping that you get enough interest that it works out for you. Be sure to share pictures of the event with us!!!

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:28 am

I wish I could :cry:

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”