MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Search is fixed!!! Apologies for the downtime.

My first Ardcore patch: Ardbug (random gates and CVs)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author My first Ardcore patch: Ardbug (random gates and CVs)
nf
http://github.com/nf/ardcode

Ardbug is a poor man's Wogglebug. D0 and D1 send random gates, whose maximum length is guided by A0 and A1. The DAC output sends a random voltage on each CLK in, its range is guided by A2 and A3.

If you try it out, please let me know if you have any suggestions that might make it more useful to you.

Cheers!
AsceticUnderground
i think your dac output might be faster if you use the routine from the 20 sketches stuff by Darwin Grosse: (check out the template sketch in 20 objects for some notes on this)

void dacOutput(byte v)
{
PORTB = (PORTB & B11100000) | (v >> 3);
PORTD = (PORTD & B00011111) | ((v & B00000111) << 5);
}

also the analog pins tend to have a bit of fluctuation on their readings, so its a good idea to dejitter them when you read them, that way its easier to dial in an 'accurate' min and max value. Again this function is in the template sketch, its obviously not totally necessary as patches work fine without it, it can just be useful to stop small fluctuations creeping in to your values so i tend to feel that its good practice to include it.

Other than that you can get a marginal increase in speed if you dont declare variables in functions so instead of declaring 'lo' and 'hi' in your outputRandomCV function you should declare them globally and then just alter their values in the function.

Nice sketch though man grin grin grin good to see more people making ardcore stuff
lahebr
Thank you for uploading the ardbug! Very cool and very useful!
darwingrosse
You guys are awesome!
ikkini
That is exactly the sketch I wanted for my Ardcore !!! It's peanut butter jelly time!
nf
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I forgot I had posted this, and just returned now. Glad to know some found it useful! :-)

AsceticUnderground wrote:
lots of good advice

Thanks AU! Much appreciated. I will be sure to put some of your suggestions into practice as soon as I can.

Hopefully I can release some more sketches soon, too. It's motherfucking bacon yo
ikkini
And I have to say that it is still the patch I use the most with my Ardcore, tahnk you so much !!!
silversurfer
thank you for this sketch, brilliant, just what I was after! thumbs up
hangovercat
I had to revive an old thread to say thanks for this sketch – it definitely spends more time in my Ardcore than any other. Here's the latest patch, which I'm having a lot of fun with:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/176237421" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1