MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Which Eprom?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Which Eprom?
panda30y
I just bought a Miniwave off of Malekko and he said he thinks it's a socket rocket in the second slot. I just wanted to verify what it was.

Excuse my camera phone. d'oh!
DGTom
I'll be doing a shuffle this weekend (in anticipation hyper ) so I'll have a peek, but, I'm pretty sure my SR has "Socket Rocket Rev x.x" on the sticker, I'm guessing mine is a more recent incarnation.

Sucks the Blacet List is borked, looks like you may have something interesting in there grin
johnnymad
isn't that one of the hylander roms? i'd imagine the socket rocket would have blacet's name on it.
panda30y
johnnymad wrote:
isn't that one of the hylander roms? i'd imagine the socket rocket would have blacet's name on it.

it is... i've found out now upon further investigation... d'oh!
daverj
From the Hylander web site:

" do have two ROMS by Grant Richter available which he has given permission to sell. The first, GR-PPG/VS is a combination of waves form the PPG Wave and Prophet VS.
The second, GR-NEW is the file NEW.256 which Grant includes with the download of the Wave256 program."
dude
is the scale rom still available from hylander? i have another mysterious rom in mine that has no name/label and i was hoping it was going to be the scale one, but definitely isn't. i guess i should take a photo? maybe someone can identify.
emergencyofstate
i bought the other miniwave from melekko. My second ROM is the socket rocket. Just got home..about to play with miniwave for the 1st time. But first.. california Rasta-nana city of Compton
dude
am about to post audio of mine here for fun!!!
dude
fuck yeah
emergencyofstate
Driving um yeah! http://soundcloud.com/emergencyofstate/sound-test-miniwave-and-z5000

edit: this is the EPROM A
parasitk
I'd like to pull the default MiniWave ROM (bank a) and replace it with the Socket Rocket (I have the Scale Quantizer in bank b). Should I just de-static myself and pull the fucker out by hand? I don't have any specialized tools to pull chips out.

On that note, I'm probably going to sell my other ROMs as well, but I'll update my Frac sale thread with that info.
dude
parasitk wrote:
I'd like to pull the default MiniWave ROM (bank a) and replace it with the Socket Rocket (I have the Scale Quantizer in bank b). Should I just de-static myself and pull the fucker out by hand? I don't have any specialized tools to pull chips out.

On that note, I'm probably going to sell my other ROMs as well, but I'll update my Frac sale thread with that info.

notes as if to a child on how to perform such a task would help me tremendously and possibly others as well... anybody got them bombs of knowledge?
parasitk
I uh, de-staticed myself and pulled the fucker out by hand. Put the Socket Rocket in, and it works great!

Then this happened: http://virb.com/parasitk/audio/448587

So now I have the SR in bank A, and the Scale Quantizer in bank B.
emergencyofstate
when I had a Sequential Circuits Drumtraks, it had the same size EPROMS (i think) I learned it was best to get a flathead screwdriver and go at it one side at a time. Pry up one side a LITTLE BIT, then move on to the other side. Just be careful not to get careless and the pins should be fine.
dude
and how does one de-static oneself? don't forget there are kids involved. lol

for some reason this reminds me of a a doctors office visit where you say, "hey doc, 'my friend' has this problem" ...
Babaluma
i also have the socket rocket and scale quantiser installed in my MW, great combo!

it' easy to change but you do have to be careful/go slowly.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1