MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[PCBs IN STOCK] 3.5mm <-> 1/4" converter board
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author [PCBs IN STOCK] 3.5mm <-> 1/4" converter board
kvitekp
I was testing the fab’s ability to handle plated slots and ended up with what looks like a pretty useful tool to convert 1.4″ connections to 3.5mm and back.

Instead of maintaining a bunch of mixed jack conversion cables it’s now possible to just run regular ones through this tool.

BOM:
6 x 1/4” Neutrik NRJ4HF Mouser #550-10284
6 x 3.5mm Switchcraft 35RAPC2AV Mouser #502-35RAPC2AV, Digikey #SC1457-ND

If you’re interested in buying Jack-o-mix pcb please leave a comment in this thread. The price should not exceed $10 w/o shipping, and the boards will be yellow or red.
rosch
hi Pete,
i already posted my desire on your blog -
(count me in for 2)
Barcode
I'll take 1.
sempervirent
If you shifted the position of the jacks, you might be able to put this behind a panel. A bit hard to tell from the pic. Looks too tall for Euro as well, I wonder if 5 jacks instead of 6 would work for 3U.
kvitekp
The board size is 4.22x0.99 inch (107.31x25.07 mm), so it should fit behind Eurorack format panel nicely.

Both 1/4" and 3.5mm connectors are flush to the edge of the pcb so it should be possible to mount it behind a panel.
sempervirent
I'm in for 2 and might offer a Euro panel.
sduck
I'll buy a bunch of those!
keninverse
In for at least two! If this isn't fabbed yet...any way to add a pad for the plug tip so peeps with nanners can use this? oh and also one pad for the ground? I'm still in for a few regardless.
woodster
I'd take one
Tombola
Hi, Are those OSH Park boards?

I'd been put off using them again because they say they can't do plated slots! Those look fine to me...
kvitekp
keninverse wrote:
In for at least two! If this isn't fabbed yet...any way to add a pad for the plug tip so peeps with nanners can use this? oh and also one pad for the ground? I'm still in for a few regardless.
Are you talking about dedicated pads connected to each jack tip and ground?
kvitekp
Tombola wrote:
Hi, Are those OSH Park boards?

I'd been put off using them again because they say they can't do plated slots! Those look fine to me...
Yep, these are OSHpark boards with mill layer 46 output on board outline.
xpmtl
i'd take two as well
netpusher
I would be interested in one, count me in please!
kvitekp
Jack-o-mix PCBs are here:

To order Jack-o-mix PCB, please send an email to pete at kvitek c o m specifying how many PCBs you need and a country where to ship them, and I’ll send you a PayPal invoice.

One Jack-o-mix PCB is US$15, shipping to USA and Canada $5, to Europe and Asia $7.

/Peter
mikecameron
I was just thinking, it'd be real easy to wire up passive mults and OR combiners by only populating one side of the board and use the mounting holes for the other jacks to wire it up. handy!
sammy123
Thanks Peter.

If anyone makes a panel for this I'd be interested in 1.

Thanks.
ThecureForSin
kvitekp wrote:

The price should not exceed $10 w/o shipping, and the boards will be yellow or red.

What happened here? hmmm.....

I'll take 3 when I get paid It's peanut butter jelly time!

Who's doing a panel???
sempervirent
I just requested two PCBs, so I guess I'm doing panels (Euro format).

Drop me a PM if you're interested (all orders will be done through grayscale.info, I just want to get an idea of how much interest there might be).
ThecureForSin
sempervirent wrote:
I just requested two PCBs, so I guess I'm doing panels (Euro format).

Drop me a PM if you're interested (all orders will be done through grayscale.info, I just want to get an idea of how much interest there might be).

3!
netpusher
Email sent for 2 PCB's, PM sent for 2 panels. Thanks!
sempervirent

Thanks guys. Panels are up for preorder now:
http://grayscale.info/panels/midisizer-jackomix/

Looks like there are about 10 panels claimed thus far, and the PCB run was for 25 boards, so I'll give it a couple of weeks and then order the panels.

I noticed that Neutrik makes several different nuts for this 1/4" jack, I'm showing the round one:
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=NRJ-NUT
sempervirent
Anybody else up for panels? I need to get about 5 more orders to make it happen.
sammy123
C'mon people. I can't afford 5 more.
mikecameron
Panels look great! I just can't bring myself to spend $50 on panels for modules which really don't need any labeling. If they were $10 apiece I'd consider it for the convenience factor.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4