MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Waveform City Expander
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Waveform City Expander
laserpalace
I recall reading about an expansion PCB for the Miniwave by Hylander.

Has anyone modified their Waveform City with the expansion?

It's pretty perfect as is, but I'm considering another to finish my system down the road. Just curious if anyone has an expanded version or even swapped out their roms for custom Wave256 ROMS? hmmm.....
sandyb
i have an expanded wfc.
i didn't do the expansion myself though - bought it already done.
it's cool. although mine has a separate 2 width frac module for the expander part which links to the wfc with a couple of cables. can be a bit of a pain in terms of cabinet planning.
i did seriously think about trying to shoehorn it all behind one panel a while back but, after asking a couple of people who know about these things way better than i do, gave up on the idea.

i'll post a picture sometime. remind me if i forget.
thesnow
Cary, please try and find a way to bring back Grant's Waveform City into production again. Who cares if the digital technology is somewhat outdated. Thanks. Lotsa Love we're not worthy
numan7
something wonderful hmm, i think i would slightly prefer a Wiard Waveform Galaxy (whatever that might be) over a City!! woah

cheers
chamomileshark
numan7 wrote:
something wonderful hmm, i think i would slightly prefer a Wiard Waveform Galaxy (whatever that might be) over a City!! woah

cheers

I think your spec for a Waveform Galaxy is too nebulous. hihi
laserpalace
How about a Waveform Metropolis? hihi

sandyb
I'd love to see a picture. In an ideal world the expansion PCB would be housed in the chassis alongside the WFC, with a switch on the front between the "low/high" "10/5v" switches, that can select which 256Wave IC is being used. Of course this is a complete fantasy, but it would be awesome.
sandyb
a couple of pictures.

here's the expander on it's own. it has manual and cv control over the rom selected as well as lots of leds to show you which one. fitting all that behind a wfc panel would be tough!

here it is in situ. the cables connecting the expansion and the wfc are fairly long so it can go above or below and can be offset to the side by a reasonable amount. at the moment i'm contemplating doing a 300 series size panel for it and throwing something else in there as well. i have a couple of 300 size spaces free in my second frame (not pictured) and it would be nice to be able to put them all in the one cabinet.

thesnow
lovely, sandyb!
laserpalace
sandyb
Such a beautiful system. love

Can the WC-001 be driven without the WFC? That is to say is it a completely autonomous module without the additional analog section of the WFC?

I kind of assumed it would be too much to fit behind one 300 panel but one can wish I suppose.
slow_riot
there was a WFC fitted with an 8 way expander behind the 300 panel, with a switch on the back...pretty sure I saw that on one iteration of the Wiard pages or the music synth diy pages.

Anyways it's irrelevant now as I don't believe there are plans to bring back the WFC as a production model.

Here's to the future.
sandyb
laserpalace wrote:
sandyb
Such a beautiful system. love

Can the WC-001 be driven without the WFC? That is to say is it a completely autonomous module without the additional analog section of the WFC?

I kind of assumed it would be too much to fit behind one 300 panel but one can wish I suppose.

sorry for the delay - missed this.

the expander needs the wfc to work, specifically the ws output.
although interestingly i just tried the ws output into a miniwave and then into the expander and that works fine. but taking, for example, the output from a classic vco straight into the expander doesn't work.
laserpalace
sandyb
Interesting. Thanks for the insight.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1