MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

V'Amp
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author V'Amp
HeWhoWantsJeans
I keep hearing about how 'I need a VCA', and I'm eager to try out a V'AMP for that duty. SlayerBadger!
numan7
HeWhoWantsJeans wrote:
I keep hearing about how 'I need a VCA', and I'm eager to try out a V'AMP for that duty. SlayerBadger!

keep in mind that this is a special vca that is for audio-only. you still may want some other vcas for cv (like the one on SoS, for instance) in your system...
nrdvrgr
Damn quiet about the V´amp here...?

I have been thinking about exchanging my Doepfer VCA for a V´amp.
How good is the V´amp as a "vanilla" VCA?
Exuviae
nrdvrgr wrote:
Damn quiet about the V´amp here...?

I have been thinking about exchanging my Doepfer VCA for a V´amp.
How good is the V´amp as a "vanilla" VCA?

YES!

Tell us, please.
nrdvrgr
Bumping again. Noone here who owns one???
computer controlled
The V'Amp works just fine as a normal VCA, because it IS a regular old VCA. It just has some neat tricks it can do. It only has 1 input though, so that might be a bit limiting to you.
nrdvrgr
Thanks!
Scottzilla
Here's a Matrixsynth video of Computer Controlled playing with one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLNAa63r07s
CreepTheProphet
I've enjoyed playing with the V'Amp in conjunction with a couple of Plague Bearers and the Hertz Donut. Unfortunately I'm a total noob so I can't really say "go buy this."

The Ring Mod ability though is fun to tweak with though but it can take a little work to get it right.
flight
Oh yes, I forgot to mention:
It is possible to voltage-control the morphing (Mod1) function - to some degree, at least. With an audio signal into the first Mod1 input jack, apply a DC bias to the second Mod1 jack. You don't get the full range of morphing, but enough to do some neat tricks like bring it into ring mod, through into inversion, then back out again.
DGTom
Would it be possible to have DC coupled I/O? or is that incompatible with the internal machinations of the V'Amp?

I'd love to be able to process CVs with this.
flight
DGTom wrote:
Would it be possible to have DC coupled I/O? or is that incompatible with the internal machinations of the V'Amp?

I'd love to be able to process CVs with this.

Sorry, no can do. seriously, i just don't get it
space6oy
does only the upper of the v'amp's audio in jacks work as an input for the VCA? seems like they both would, being a mult pair, but my lower in isn't letting anything through to the outs, just to the upper in. which does then send the signal to the outs if something's plugged into it as well...
space6oy
eh? seriously, i just don't get it
flight
space6oy wrote:
does only the upper of the v'amp's audio in jacks work as an input for the VCA? seems like they both would, being a mult pair, but my lower in isn't letting anything through to the outs, just to the upper in. which does then send the signal to the outs if something's plugged into it as well...

Gah, sorry. Really busy lately.
That's correct. They are mults, but have to be used in a specific order: The outside jacks first, inside second. Follow the direction of the "teeth" - wide end first, point second. (this should be in the manual, BTW)

The circuit didn't like having any of the inputs left floating, so it had to be done this way. seriously, i just don't get it
space6oy
ok cool, glad it's not something off about mine. thanks!
ben jah men
I'm getting extra noise out of this guy.. is that normal?

basically I'm retarded and just now started using it as a vca (or using it.).

and I noticed immediately that when ONLY the output of V'amp is plugged into my Malekko output its got a strong BUZZZZZZZZZZZZ, it continues when plugging stuff in to the input as well..

none of my other modules do hmmm.....
flight
ben jah men wrote:
...when ONLY the output of V'amp is plugged into my Malekko output...
Is this right? Connecting an output to another output doesn't usually give the best results anywhere.
ben jah men
sorry... thats the name of the module itself... its basically just a 1/8 to 1/4 with attenuation..

so yeah, v'amp "output" to>malekko outputs "input"
flight
Ah, gotcha. oops

I have never noticed this happening myself, nor has anyone else mentioned it to me yet. Does it do this when the output of the V'Amp is plugged into anything else, or just the Malekko Output?
joel1088
Just posted a video about how to get rid of bleed when using amplitude modulation on the V'Amp
HeWhoWantsJeans
joel1088 wrote:
Just posted a video about how to get rid of bleed when using amplitude modulation on the V'Amp

Great job, Operator. I really appreciated how heavy on information it was. No frills, no bullshit - just the straight Gospel. Heh.
computer controlled
Just use Mod 1, this is your mod source input for AM/RM. That's what its for. Mod 2 is basically just an attenuated EG input.
box of monsters
Hi, i'm thinking of picking up a FOH V'amp though i was wondering if anyone can tell me if the VCA side is of a logarithmic or linear response? (i'm assuming it's log).

Also, do one of the knobs work like the gain knob in Doepfer's A-130/A-131? As i often use it opened up for drones.

Thanks in advance.
computer controlled
To be honest, i'm not sure if its Lin or Expo. Let me find out.

And yes, you can open it up for drones.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 3 of 4