MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Oakley Midi to CV Converter PCB Board Mounting
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Oakley Midi to CV Converter PCB Board Mounting
ebonics
Hello Wigglers

First post!

im considering doing Oakley's Midi to CV as my first DIY project, however im limited by the size of my Dotcom Box11 cabinet depth wise.

its 83mm deep, and i see the PCB is 11cm approx...

has anyone had any luck mounting the PCB sideways rather than longways, or is there any ideas from someone who's actually seen the board and module in the flesh that can direct me towards a solution?

thank you in advance
ebonics
i should mention that since im locked to the format of a BOX11, the front plate will be a 2U on a DOTCOM rather than a MOTM, which buys me a little more real estate width wise.
terjewinther
Hi,
Yes, I have mounted Oakley PCBs in many ways, including the standard way, (90 angle to the front using the pot brackets), turned with the long side backwards to make it fit 3U front panels, sideways using screws (there are extra holes in the Oakley PCBs that makes this easy), and probably some other methods too.

The Box11 cabinet is a bit shallow for most Oakley PCBs, but if you have enough front panel width space, that is not a problem because you can mount the PCBs parallel to the front panel using screws, or homemade U-brackets mounted on the back of the pots where the PCBs can be attached.

ebonics wrote:
has anyone had any luck mounting the PCB sideways rather than longways, or is there any ideas from someone who's actually seen the board and module in the flesh that can direct me towards a solution?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1