MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Midi dac voltage too high
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Midi dac voltage too high
punchi
Hi

Just bought a s/h Oakley Modular from Australia, and the mididac, CV output is sending too much voltage, about 2 octaves higher than my dotcom Midi/CV,

downloaded the manual, tried to calibrate the unit, but the problem is that with a C8 note from the sequencer voltage on pin 1 of IC 1, can't be adjusted to the 9 volts mentioned in the calibration procedure, the lowest it will go is 9.37 volts,

Any help/pointers/ideas will be appreciated

Cheers From Chile

Francisco Straub
Synthbuilder
punchi wrote:
Just bought a s/h Oakley Modular from Australia, and the mididac, CV output is sending too much voltage, about 2 octaves higher than my dotcom Midi/CV.

Which issue board do you have? It should be written on the circuit board as issue 1, 2, 3 or 4. The User Manual on the website is valid only for issue 4 only.

Earlier issues of the midiDAC probably may not go up as high as the dotcom system desires as they use a different variation of 1V/octave to Oakley systems. My MOTM/Oakley format VCOs are typically set two octaves higher than Dotcom. Newer VCOs can be trimmed or built to behave like a Dotcom VCO but older ones may not have the range on their tune trimmer.

For the issue 4 midiDAC to get the correct note interval then you should adjust V/oct to get -10V from note C9. Be aware though that the midi note number is not always the same on different systems - some sequencers use a different midi numbering system. I use the standard definition which means that C9 should be midi note 120.

Once this is set then you can adjust INIT to work with your Dotcom VCOs.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1