MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Can 10K sliders be used in the 4pot?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Can 10K sliders be used in the 4pot?
terjewinther
Hi,
I am planning to make a box (or maybe it ends up as an extension to a control keyboard) intended to remotely control a modular synth with CVs. The 4pot (a.k.a. "Control-X") Oakley module is perfect for this. But I want to use long-throw faders (slider pots) for this, much like the custom-made Klaus Schulze keyboard that Wolfgang Palm (of PPG fame) once made. The idea is to have 2 x 4pot cards so I can have 8 CVs, complete with on/off switches (to work like a preset) and 8 CVs to control.
However: all the long (i.e. 100mm travel) faders I have found are only 10k (lin or log, although I have found stereo faders with 2 x 10k, which is sort of close to the 25k alternative in the users manual). All 50k sliders (which is the resistance value described in the users manual) are fairly short, like 45mm.
What do I need to change in order to use 10k sliders in the control module?
emdot_ambient
Don't know the answer...but have always imagined a dual mode mixer (AC/DC) with long-throw sliders in sets of 4. With 4 inputs each, selectable from a fixed CV or an input jack. Outputs would have a 2-position selector switch to select between an output jack and a mixed output. So it could act as 4 attenuated AC/DC sliders or a 2:1, 3:1 or 4:1 mixer.
Synthbuilder
Hi Terje,
terjewinther wrote:
What do I need to change in order to use 10k sliders in the control module?

Nothing, 10K linear pots will work just fine.

Tony
terjewinther
Great!
Thanks a lot.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1