MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla 101 Sighting
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla 101 Sighting
eben1000uk
I was checking out the work of Sorrel Hays and I spotted that she used a Buchla 101 at some point in the past. Anyone know anything more about her work? I put up a post here as well. It seems there is some crossover / confusion with the work of Delia Derbyshire (using EMS synths)?

Heres the video - cute Buchla at 1.12 and 1.32

Tombola
Wow, great clip
Minimoog56
Nice - thanks Benge - never heard of her.
klontart
Didn't know about the 101. Beautiful looking synth.
opsysbug
Great stuff!
Arcade Sinusoid
Vady interesting. Thanks for sharing.
djangosfire
eben1000uk wrote:
I was checking out the work of Sorrel Hays and I spotted that she used a Buchla 101 at some point in the past.

What an interesting find! But it appears her name is actually "Doris Hays" - not "Sorrel" seriously, i just don't get it

I'd love see a performance of music created through this method! Very haunting and cool - thanks Benge! Guinness ftw!
BHC303
Great find matey, thanks for sharing!
Tombola
Doris Ernestine Hays was born in Memphis, Tennessee, and in 1985 adopted her grandmother's family name of Sorrel

Says Wikipedia.
Tombola
'Southern Voices for Tape' is on Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/track/5bmeRXBTVuGGeKLroj4zZV
Rod Serling Fan Club
cleaninglady
Soprano from 2:12. Awesome.
Peake
That reminds me of another great sojourn into southern music:

sascha.victoria
That 101 looks like one of the ones that Switched on Austin recently sold.
Shasta Cults
looks like? there was only one of those made to my knowledge and the one they sold said D Hays on it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/switchedonaustin/8020608160/in/set-721576 31614388217

i spoke to Sorrell a few months back, a very nice lady.
jondent
Thanks for posting the link Rick.
Just love to see pics of this historic gear.
thumbs up
artisan
Seriously interesting. Oh, to tinker with that 101....
eben1000uk
wow rick well spotted! as far as i know that came from the same place as my 100 - the ETC
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1