MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Still problems with ADDAC207 Quantizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Still problems with ADDAC207 Quantizer
maudibe
Hi there guys… yes, I'm having the same issue with the gate inputs. Gate input one is fine, but putting anything into gate input 2,3 or 4 just freezes or responds spasmodically.

Obviously, that makes three inputs virtually redundant… a waste of panel space and features.

Any chance this is being looked at or a fix made available Andre? It's not a game changer for me, but would be nice to have it working.
maudibe
Hi Hirsbro - any news from Andre on this issue yet?
__ag
Hello Everyone,

I hope this post helps sort out all Quantizer issues!

Being such an intricate module there were some programming details that were not right in the first units. First users started reporting these and we've fixed them on the big batch, after a while we've got some new reports that we weren't aware of and after going through all of them, including this thread and others, we've fixed all issues and all latest modules were shipped with the corrected firmware.
So at the moment there may be some users with different firmware versions.

Now we want to make this right and update all older modules, we're trying to see what's the best option to make it easier for everyone.

In order to identify if your quantizer needs upgrade check the serial number on the back, if below #73 drop us an email!

we've created a special email for this issue:
207@addacsystem.com

And while we're at it and to clarify the issues reported, the problem lies in the way gates in and out were working. In more complex patches using different gate inputs they do not behave like they were supposed to.

i hope this brings a light on this matter while clarifying all questions that have arise here.

We're terribly sorry for these issues and can only hope for your understanding.

all the very best*
andre
flo
we're not worthy

Now I can finally buy it hihi

Thanks Addac! applause Guinness ftw!
__ag
Hello,

Posting regarding new updates on the quantizer firmware update,
we now reached a solution that we believe will be the easiest for everyone, just finished a detailed pdf guide that i'm now sharing here before making the official release.

The solution is that everyone can do it at their own homes without the need to ship the module anywhere. Instead each user will need to acquire an USB to Serial adapter (they are selling on ebay for about $4 including shipping) so the update comes at a lower cost than if the module needed to be shipped elsewhere.
We could do this process in very different manners, but this proven to be the easiest and cheapest way to do it, it will also allow easiness on further updates of the quantizer or other ADDAC System modules.

Currently we're waiting for some ebay adapters to arrive so that we can test them and recommend a specific one, until then if you already have such a device try going through the upgrade process and let us know if all works as expected. It should be a fairly straight forward process but let us know if we shall we go more in depth, more explanations, pictures, etc...

Also planning a video step-through.

Here's the pdf guide:
http://addacsystem.com/firmwares/ADDAC207_FirmwareGuide.pdf

all the very best
andre
__ag
Hello!

Here's an update on the Firmware Upgrade process,

For those with a PC the process will still be the same, it's a straight forward process and there's just no simpler way to do it.

For those on a Mac, after some further research, i finished an App that will take care of everything for you, just install the Arduino App first, follow the guide to connect the Usb-serial adapter pins to the module and run the App, it will guide you through the rest of the process.
This avoids all the Terminal "scary" steps!

You can download the App from here:
http://www.addacsystem.com/firmwares/ADDAC207_FIRMWARE.zip

Regarding USB-Serial adapters, we just got this one the other day, took a few weeks to arrive but it works perfectly:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251336804760?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksi d=p3984.m1439.l2649

if in a hurry these ship from the US:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9716

And these in the EU:
http://www.inmotion.pt/store/ftdi-basic-breakout-5v

We're also planning in stocking these at low cost in a near future!

Hope this makes it easier for the Mac users!

all the very best
andre
Sinamsis
Just bumping this thread to see if there is any way to do a factory reset on this module. I was tinkering with the submenus, and I think I go lost a little. My modules acting a little bonkers now. So is there an easy way to just reset it instead of sifting through it and trying to figure out what moronic thing I did? Honestly, I probably need to re-RTFM. But any insight would be much appreciated.

Jimmy
Summa
Sinamsis wrote:
Just bumping this thread to see if there is any way to do a factory reset on this module. I was tinkering with the submenus, and I think I go lost a little. My modules acting a little bonkers now. So is there an easy way to just reset it instead of sifting through it and trying to figure out what moronic thing I did? Honestly, I probably need to re-RTFM. But any insight would be much appreciated.

Jimmy

Well if it's the tuning you want to reset just press and hold the "set key" for five seconds, but yes reading the manual is a good idea.
Sinamsis
Ha that was reread TFM. I've read it a few times. Anyways I sorted my situation. It seems a little finicky with the gates that it receives. Which has been reported elsewhere.

Also, didn't see this in the manual, but I believe I read that powering off for 60 seconds will clear the settings if they aren't saved to a preset. Either way. Seems to be working ok for me.
Musicartgeek
Having a lot of problems with it.

Tuning was terrible, but fine using a buff mult on the output. This worries me - I don't know why this should be, and I have three other quantizers (2HP, Intellijel, and O+C) that don't exhibit this kind of behaviour.

Took a while but I got the tuning instructions from Addac through an FB message. In the middle of doing the tuning, which while a little complicated seemed to be working, something happened - wrong keystroke? I don't know - and now there are no voltages output in Keyboard mode or quantizing mode - in the latter mode, the lights flash as notes are being selected, but there are no voltage changes at the output. Can anyone help with this?
ADDAC System
Musicartgeek wrote:
Having a lot of problems with it.

Tuning was terrible, but fine using a buff mult on the output. This worries me - I don't know why this should be, and I have three other quantizers (2HP, Intellijel, and O+C) that don't exhibit this kind of behaviour.

Took a while but I got the tuning instructions from Addac through an FB message. In the middle of doing the tuning, which while a little complicated seemed to be working, something happened - wrong keystroke? I don't know - and now there are no voltages output in Keyboard mode or quantizing mode - in the latter mode, the lights flash as notes are being selected, but there are no voltage changes at the output. Can anyone help with this?

The tuning reset procedure does not affect the user's saved settings unless it is saved by the user. Did you save, did you restart? Can you give a bit more details? We'll help you out for sure, don't worry.
ADDAC System
Hey Musicartgeek, a really simple and general solution to your problem is to reupload the firmware for the ADDAC207 again. It's a great way to "reboot" your module that way. Just thought I'd followup in case you haven't figured out what went wrong. Let us know if you need more help!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2