MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Welcome to the Tenori-On Muff page
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Welcome to the Tenori-On Muff page
kwaidan
mckenic:

I can save a set of samples, if the voice manager will let me load them. I had some luck with a few Goldbaby free drum samples (Blofeld and Vermona), but most anything else I try to load into the program triggers a message that an error has occurred while trying to load the file. I thought maybe it has a file size limit, but I remember reading a review where it will just cut off part of a longer file when loaded. It really isn't a big deal. I can control samples using it with Live, but I'm still curious . . . I have no idea of what I'm doing wrong!
mckenic
That sounds strange indeed! And as you say if it was at least consistently working or not, you would know how to proceed...

Try the same mono, .8 sec sample at different bit rates? Might point to the problem...

thumbs up
kwaidan
Yeah, that's a good idea. I'll try it tomorrow. It may be a compatibility problem though the Yamaha website says that it can be used with what I'm running: Windows 7, 64 bit. I have a Korg Micro Sampler program that can do it. I may also have some 8-bit drum files on my other computer that I'll try. No one else seems to have this problem, yet I've had it with both of my computers. Oh, well. Again, loading samples on it is so limited that it isn't a big deal.
mckenic
Ah yeah, I understand that but still - if the functionality is there it would be nice for you to be able to use it if you so decide!

You could try something like Audacity ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) if you dont have an audio editor. That should let you decide how long the sample is and what bit rate it is etc. Sorry if you already know this stuff - just an idea to try help out smile

As an aside - how do you find the Korg Micro Sampler if you don't mind me asking? Im NOT a keyboard guy but ever since SonicState reviewed it Ive been interested to try it. Looks like its very quick to use and lots of fun to work with!

thumbs up
kwaidan
I don't own a Microsampler. I just downloaded the software. Actually, I was thinking of a different sample utility that Korg put out. I used it when I briefly had access to an Electribe SX.

Anyway, I solved the problem. The voice manager doesn't seem to like 24 bit files. I downloaded some Driven Machine Drum Strikes Back demos and it takes the 16 bit files without a problem.

Thanks for your help. By the way, I really do like the Tenori.
mckenic
thumbs up

GREAT!!! Have fun sir!!!
lotri22
Hello

bought probably the last Tenori On orange in Vancouver for $279 today
I wanted some gate generator to pair with my Vermona perfourmer and now I think I could not get better sequencer for P4M
there is more than enough combination with perfourmer's midi modes for me
I have just updated the firmware to ver 2.1, I know how to unlock the advanced mode but I couldn't find what function's are actually added in this last version
help somebody?
thank you smile
Paranormal Patroler
The latest version has a stabler clock supposedly. Also Swing!

As per the first post:
Quote:
The timing issues have not been completely fixed although it supposedly syncs better, but you get a useful Restart button combo, Swing functionality and Remote Mode to be able to control your TO via MIDI. Trust me you can even glitch it to nice effect.

Any specific questions, feel free to ask.
Simon_
Hi, I have visited this board over the last years and I am now selling my tenori-on.
It looks like I am not allowed to post in the marketplace area unless there are other postings... sorry for somewhat abusing this thread. ... oh well, just read the rules now that I can access the market smile Guess I won't be able to post the listing then wink
Rigo
Simon_ wrote:
Hi, I have visited this board over the last years and I am now selling my tenori-on.
It looks like I am not allowed to post in the marketplace area unless there are other postings... sorry for somewhat abusing this thread. ... oh well, just read the rules now that I can access the market smile Guess I won't be able to post the listing then wink

One of the fastest ways to get kicked out again, back to lurking status.
Simon_
Rigo wrote:
Simon_ wrote:

Yep, as soon I could enter the marketplace I saw how tightly run some of the rules are and I respect that wink
Paranormal Patroler
Simon_ wrote:
Rigo wrote:

Yep, as soon I could enter the marketplace I saw how tightly run some of the rules are and I respect that wink

No you don't, you just posted that you're selling something while being well under the 100 rule post, plus this is not the market place, so you are not allowed to post FS stuff here. You broke two rules right there. Please read the rules and abide by them; no need for me to delete your posts but please don't force me to edit them.
midilifestyle
Are people still using the TO? I just got one. I've loved the ios app for quite a while and was bummed to see midi crippled on it. I plunked down the coin for a hardware unit for the sole reason of being able to sequence midi with it. Quite the rad little tool if you're ok with its limitations.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2