MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sample & hold module in Frac? (or track & hold, or..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Sample & hold module in Frac? (or track & hold, or..
drumsofd00m
Are there any sample & hold/ track & hold/ perhaps even cascaded S&H/ shift register modules in Frac? I mean independent circuits where you can use both external input and external clock signals. Apart from modded Blacet Improbability Drives (https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=795).

Sorry if this is a moot question, my experience with Frac is quite limited yet.
thermionicjunky
http://www.paia.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9752K&cat=12
elmerfudd
Mattsons sample and hold is easily fracable and available as a semi kit, board is assembled and calibrated. +/-15V but a different header. Of course getting into Georges gear is what made me abandon Frac, so there is that.
drumsofd00m
elmerfudd wrote:
Mattsons sample and hold is easily fracable and available as a semi kit, board is assembled and calibrated. +/-15V but a different header. Of course getting into Georges gear is what made me abandon Frac, so there is that.

You abandoned Frac? What did you do with fidgit's Living VCO and my LPG you received yesterday, then?? :-O ;)

Thanks for the hints guys, that Paia unit looks just right for me (from what I understand its "gate & hold" is what I called "track & hold", coming from Buchlaspeak).
fluxmonkey
musicfromouterspace.com also has a fracable sh, w/ integrated vc clock
nikmis
I have, and really like, the PAIA s&h that thermionicjunky linked to.
drumsofd00m
Does it accept audio or even supersonic clocks also? Would be cool to have a 40+K down to low audio sampling unit on top of CV purposes.
shady smiles
I'm not a FRAC guy so pardon the interloping... but I have to ask: wogglebug?
drumsofd00m
No, as I said above: I mean independent circuits where you can use both external input and external clock signals.

The Woggle Bug doesn't do that. It's a prepatched controlled chance synthesizer with multiple outputs and CV inputs to control various parameters, but not to sample external CVs. (Besides, I happily own one.^^)
Cat-A-Tonic
drumsofd00m wrote:
No, as I said above: I mean independent circuits where you can use both external input and external clock signals.

The Woggle Bug doesn't do that. It's a prepatched controlled chance synthesizer with multiple outputs and CV inputs to control various parameters, but not to sample external CVs. (Besides, I happily own one.^^)

IIRC the MakeNoise version has a 'heart input' for sample in (black bar top left).
With the associatiated knob completely counter clockwise this functions as a regular S&H.
As you turn that knob up it mixes in internal feedback from the PLL 'woggle' out.
The circuit also has clock input and internal clock.
Cat-A-Tonic
There is also the BugBrand BugCrusher S&H in Frac,
although it is a rarity with 3.5mm jacks.
drumsofd00m
Ok, thanks, I didn't know that about the MakeNoise version. Cool stuff!
Cybananna
The blacet improbability drive has external clock.

http://www.blacet.com/ID.html

It's also the best noise source ever. I have two of them in my system and a third waiting to be built. Yes, I love it that much.
chamomileshark
while it has an external clock input you cannot feed it say a sawtooth LFO to sample and hold. I took that to be the gist of the requirement?

I've wondered why it's not a stock part of the ID....
recompas
I've been thinking about making something like this and hope to be laying out a pcb soon. Could be frac or euro compatible depending on what you'd want to do with a panel. Was going to do a dual unit with a vc 555 clock, ext clock input and a s&h/bitcrusher based around the LF398.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1