my new guitar

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

dkcg
I pity the fool w/o enough VCAs

my new guitar

Post by dkcg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:47 pm

I've wanted a Gretsch for a long time, got a good deal on this one because it had a little buckle damage on the back. I love my Strat, but this thing sounds badassed and fat. :bananaguitar:

Any other Gretsch owners here?

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:00 pm

Wannabe Gretsch Owner... A Jet, White Penguin or White Falcon... :waah:

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Kent wrote:Wannabe Gretsch Owner... A Jet, White Penguin or White Falcon... :waah:
Ever see the Black Falcon? It looks like the presidential limousine of guitars. I wanted the white falcon for a long time, but the more I'd see them, the more they look a bit too much and bulky. I fell in love with the duojet after playing my friend's. My strat's gonna be lonely for a little while...

Mine doesn't feel quite as nice as my friend's vintage US made one, but the filtertrons sound great! Can't wait to put it through some zvex pedals. :bananaguitar:

This ones a Japanese made one, tuning pegs need an upgrade and I have another crapper guitar that needs some tuning pegs, possibly the nut too. Doesn't stay in tune nearly as good as my '88 strat+ does with whammy bar dives and the tuning pegs don't feel and look as solid as I wanted, but the price was too nice, and this place actually knows what they're doing a bit more than shittar center or sam rash and best of all it's nowhere near hollywood.

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:25 pm

Can't wait to put it through some zvex pedals.
Well damn that was going to be my first question/reply to this post :hihi: (what pedals are first up to be aquainted with this?)

So I'll twist it :hihi: What series of modules will you run it through first?

dkcg

Post by dkcg » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:51 pm

zerosum wrote:What series of modules will you run it through first?
Box of Rock and the BAssmaster of course. Maybe ringtone if I think of decent chord progression. I just played it through the Pignose, and I can tell it sounds different than the strat, but that's about it, and my twin is too loud. I really need to get rid of it and get a small 5-15W recording amp.

Been a while since I played electric, been mostly playing the Dobro lately.

I have some relaxing time before I start a new job, so I'll come up with some sort of ridiculous worlds biggest most expensive guitar pedal ever patch.

I just noticed the tuning pegs are Grovers, so they can't be too bad. I'll keep them until I have any tuning problems.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”