MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New for 2013: The 311C Dual JAG Controller!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author New for 2013: The 311C Dual JAG Controller!
carygrace
plord wrote:
Here's one in its natural habitat

Very nice!

plord wrote:
Audio/video to follow.

Looking forward to that! :-)
carygrace
I've been working on a series of demo videos for the 311C Controller ( http://www.wiard.com/modular/300series/311c/index.htm ).

Here are the first two, just uploaded to YouTube:

--

Wiard 311C Gate Modes
Each of the two 311C multi-mode gates have five modes. Three are available at a time; mode sets can be changed with a jumper, or for easy switching, an external switch can be connected.

This video demonstrates all the modes using the onboard LFO (internally pre-patched to the gate input). Instead of the on-board LFO, any external CV could be connected to the gate input. The gate circuitry will convert analogue signals into a 10V gate.

--

Wiard 311C Controller: Circular Modulation of a Sequantizer with JAG driven by Sine/Cosine LFO
A simple patch demonstrating the use of one of the 311C's JAGs and on-board quadrature sine wave LFO to enhance a sequence by triggering the logic inputs on a Sequantizer at fixed points around the JAG circumference.

The Sequantizer is clocked once per revolution (the cosine LFO is normalled to the gate input, and is converted internally to a 10V gate signal).

I hope some of you will find them helpful!

More to come soon...
drumsofd00m
Very cool patch idea. It never occured to me the JAG could be used as a quasi pattern generator by distributing its outputs to various points in a patch. Can't wait to order my own 311C!
construct09
Nice sounds Cary thumbs up
Hermetech Mastering
Just wanna double check, the 311C is 2u high right? Should be the crowning glory of controllers to a little Frac system I am planning!

And how slow do the LFOs go? Can they do crazy slow, like one cycle per 15 mins to an hour etc?
slow_riot
I think you would be very happy with the 311C Gregg!

The panel flex issues have been addressed with an absolutely bombproof construction. It is still 2U though.

I don't have the exact details but it is mentioned that there is a trimmer on the back that can customise the LFO rate range to user's needs, I'm guessing that will get you very slow. You'd need to get the official word about how slow exactly that is.
Hermetech Mastering
Cheers dude!
carygrace
Hermetech Mastering wrote:
Just wanna double check, the 311C is 2u high right?

Yes, 2U.

Hermetech Mastering wrote:
And how slow do the LFOs go? Can they do crazy slow, like one cycle per 15 mins to an hour etc?

They go really slow. They do vary a little from one unit to the next, but a several-minute cycle is normal. There is an adjustment to set the frequency range/offset of each LFO, and I usually set them about as high as they will go so that you get audio range at the top of the frequency pot and really slow at the bottom, but you could certainly make it cycle even more slowly than that by changing the frequency offset. I'll have to actually time one to see about what the lower limit is...but very slow.
Hermetech Mastering
Thanks Cary!

Several minutes for starters, with ability to go slower, is good! smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3