MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eugene, OR 2009 Noise Festival 11/7-11/8
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Eugene, OR 2009 Noise Festival 11/7-11/8
valis
Greetings Friends,

Come one, come all to the 2009 Eugene Noise Festival. The event is two days and features many great acts. I will be playing a special set with UpliNk (Clavitronics) out of San Francisco which should be really interesting and fun. We were a late addition so, sadly, our name is not on the poster. I expect that we'll bring out some ancient modified analogs as well as some other interesting noise machines. We're slated to play Sunday evening. Let me know if anybody has any questions about the event, Eugene, or anything else.

Here's the proper info:

Eugene Noise Fest 2009
November 7 & 8

Saturday, November 7th, 5pm
Ben-David Gilman
Redneck
Traces HN
Soup Purse
Boozehammer
Spark Applied to Powder
UFO as Bacteria
Sounds Like Mustard
i.n.r.i.
Coastal
Chefkirk
Xdugef
WARNING BROKEN MACHINE
Brizbomb
Honed Bastion
+Dog+
Pulse Emitter

Sunday, November 8th 2pm
Shgora
Chemically Restrained
Crying Argentina
Joining The Ground
Streetwalker
Tarahumara
Degenerated
Darph/Nader
Capitali$t Casualties (special noise set)
Caveman Noise Militia
Moth
Conscious Summary
Dirt Nap
Abusive/Consumer
In The Age Of Terminal Static
Exquisite Corps
I Died
Merdique
Hobby Knife
UpliNk(Relink)
[view]

both night visuals by Strange Vistas

Lineup subject to change

Plus:

APC workshop at Eugene Noise Festival 2009

Build your own Atari Punk Console which is a square wave synthesizer based on the common and easy to use 555 timer IC. Adrian Dimond AKA Xdugef will lead you through the process of soldering the components to a printed circuit board (PCB) and assembling the project into a diecast aluminum enclosure. This workshop includes everything you need to construct the kit and have a fully assembled and functioning noise toy in a nice solid enclosure suitable for use in recording and live performance. Afterwords exploration of using the synth to control toys and circuit bent devices will be explored.

The workshop will take place at Epic Space on Saturday Nov 7th from noon til 5. If you are not experienced with soldering it is essential that you be on time because the first hour of the workshop will cover soldering technique.

The workshop fee is $40 and includes all materials and a pamphlet. It is highly advised to RSVP by paypaling the workshop fee in advance to sales@xdugef.com. If for any reason the class is cancelled all funds will be refunded.

All Ages, No Bad.

Epic Space
http://www.myspace.com/epicspacevenue
245 Van Buren
Eugene, Oregon 97402

This information is provided by
Don
WARNING BROKEN MACHINE
http://www.humanmonster.com

All the best!
-David
D/A A/D
So! How was it???
ignatius
why'd all the hippies move to Eugene?

they heard there was no work there.

bing bam boom

srsly though.. eugene is the perfect place for a noisefest.. i consider it a revolutionary act in that town.
valis
D/A A/D wrote:
So! How was it???

Ooops! Sorry I didn't see that you posted this way back when. I hate leaving posts unanswered so here it goes. The NF was a lot of fun and went real well. My sequencer died right before my set but it was a noise festival so nobody really noticed razz

ignatius wrote:

srsly though.. eugene is the perfect place for a noisefest.. i consider it a revolutionary act in that town.

Wowee. I don't know if you inteneded it as such but that statement angered me. We have a nice scene here and a nice, active, DIY community. srsly though, come on over and I can show you some really cool people doing some really cool things.. Soapbox
ignatius
valis wrote:

ignatius wrote:

Wowee. I don't know if you inteneded it as such but that statement angered me. We have a nice scene here and a nice, active, DIY community. srsly though, come on over and I can show you some really cool people doing some really cool things.. Soapbox

didn't mean to offend. should have put the right emoticon after that statement. i only meant that there's a lot of hippies there and it's nice to see something going on that isn't all hippied out. i know it's a town w/lot's of music and art. my GF went to college there and i have a friend who went to school of architecture there.

i meant a "revolutionary act" in a good way as it goes against the eugene stereotype.. hence my hippie joke that preceded that statement.

w00t
valis
No prob! I have an overly knee-jerk reaction against negative stereotypes about places I live and participate within. I used to live in a certain, down-trodden city in the midwest and there really was a culture of having to defend where you're from. It's really kind of a crazy rationale. Eug is nice, there's some really cool people here doing really interesting things..

The offer stands as far as coming down. If you're ever in these parts we can grab a drink!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1