MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Blacet Classic Rack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author The Blacet Classic Rack
cram1960
I haven't seen any posts about this pre-configured system...any comments?

Blacet Classic Rack

Also, what about the Midiverter?

I am STRONGLY considering adding this set to my Kraftzwerg, now, then adding another empty frac rack to expand into with other stuff later.

thanks,

Craig (a new guy with his lonely Kraftzwerg).
rezzn8r
blacet stuff is great! the vco sounds awsome! SlayerBadger!
just got a midiverter last week and I really like it!
DGTom
1st thing you will notice is a massive jump in overall quality between MFB & Blacet; not to knock MFB, I love there stuff, but, Blacet build quality & cct. design is fucking crazy! You'll love it.

VCO = Best thing sliced bread (IMO of course, very subjective) based on the demos of the MFB VCO, I think it'll make a nice addition - great FM'ablity, VC Waveform.

The Filthy is pretty good (I'm not a fan of VCFs in general) - I liked the CV'able mode, you can get a pretty good VCA action out of it as well as some twisted sounds a normal VCF won't do.

EG1; nutso function generator! Love em to bits!! More CV inputs than most sane people need most of the time grin

The Dual Linear VCA is one of my favourite utility modules, VC mixer, VC Splitter, its great! I actually think the Mixer & Splitter in that set-up are a little redundant tbh, I'd prefer a Micro LFO & a 2nd Dual Linear VCA, but thats me.

This row would really expand the MFB unit into a pretty powerfull setup. My question; do you really need a 2nd MIDI/CV? granted the Blacet is more capable & with that rig you'd pretty much have a 2 mono synth set-up ready to roll. Get that 2nd rack tho thumbs up
e-grad
You can't ge wrong with Blacet!
cram1960
DGTom wrote:

This row would really expand the MFB unit into a pretty powerfull setup. My question; do you really need a 2nd MIDI/CV? granted the Blacet is more capable & with that rig you'd pretty much have a 2 mono synth set-up ready to roll. Get that 2nd rack tho thumbs up

Well I'm really a MIDI guy, dabbling into modular/ CV for the first time. My main system functions via midi so I'd like that flexibility. I think it'll help me get immediate results, while still learning the modular side.

I have an very small MFB sequencer (Step64) which is both Midi and cv capable (4xCV out, 4xgate, plus full midi in/out).

But I am open to suggestions since I'm a baby at the mod/CV stuff. (And quite frankly, I don't really know what a lot of the modules actually do).

Also, I forgot to mention that my focus is on musical tones as opposed to noisical sounds.
DGTom
Makes sense grin

There's lots of VCOs & EGs to trigger so another MIDI/CV wouldn't go unused, especially with keeping everything musical.

& my comment about not having the micro LFO is kind of moot tbh with the Dual LFO you've already got, whereas the Splitter / Mixer combo will expand your CV & modulation capabilities by giving you more control.
scozbor
DO IT!!!!!! SlayerBadger!
cram1960
scozbor wrote:
DO IT!!!!!! SlayerBadger!

Giorgio Moroder better watch the f out! Mr. Green
revmutt
Blacet is always great. Even some of the seemingly utilitarian modules will pull some shit that just freaks you.
panda30y
applause
Great to hear the support for Blacet, because he does make some fantastic modules. Everything is top notch, innovative, well designed, and very well priced.
werock
Good to see these positive comments about Blacet, as I'm starting a new small frac system, which will include plenty of Blacet stuff.
Cybananna
I agree, the Blacet stuff is great. I have both euro and frac with mostly Blacet. I recommend any Blacet stuff. thumbs up
scozbor
revmutt wrote:
Even some of the seemingly utilitarian modules will pull some shit that just freaks you.

i am constantly amazed at how multi-functional blacet modules are.

and i know the hexzone is going to blow my freaking socks off
cram1960
Order placed! Chugging Beers
rezzn8r
congrats! Guinness ftw! w00t
parasitk
Awesome, congrats! Blacet stuff is great. I somewhat regret selling my Blacet VCO, but I'm pretty confident that one day I'll order a pair of kits and build 'em up, banana style, from scratch! Guinness ftw!
Mood Organ
Also not mentioned: Blacet customer service is astounding.

applause
Kendall Station
cram1960 wrote:
Order placed! Chugging Beers

Good to hear! you'll be *amazed* at the sounds you can get with that rack alone.
Kwote
Yeah. +1 for Blacet. The Mini-Wave and Binary Zone in particular!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1