MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

TM3030 problem square wave change need help please
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author TM3030 problem square wave change need help please
analog therapy
hi ! I changed my BC212 for BC212L and my TM3030 work perfectly! it was that the problem, bravo tony your work is remarkable, and thank you very much for your precious help! However, there was just a slight problem when I drop the wave switch to change my sawtooth wave into a square wave, I do not get any square wave, and also when I drop the switch is meant as a light and short tremolo. I read in the guide that the VCO core actually produces a sawtooth waveform wich is converted into a square wave by a simple single transistor waveshaper. I think the problem has to come from this transistor, right? If so, can you tell me what is the reference of this transistor please? thank you in advance

Bests, damien
Synthbuilder
The square wave convertor circuit is based around Q6. It should be a BC559 or BC560.

Tony
analog therapy
hi! I do not understand, I checked Q6 and this is a BC560, all other functions work perfectly, I am disappointed not to have a square wave, I do not understand what I'm doing wrong, I thought I done something wrong when my TM3030 did not work, and it was the seller who sold me the wrong piece and now it works perfectly with all functions but no square wave, yet I checked everything several times during the construction of the TM3030, I have no idea what's wrong! Someone has an idea from where the problem can come please ? thanks in advance for your reply.

Bests, damien
Synthbuilder
The square wave is created by a simple circuit based around Q6. Basically, Q6, R7, R8, R11, R13, C11 and C13. If you are getting no sound from the square wave then the most likely candidates for failure are R11 and R13 being the wrong values. But you should recheck the values of the other parts too just in case.

How are you wiring the switch? If fitted directly to the board then we can probably assume there is no fault there. But if you have used wires do check that you haven't got them around the wrong way.

Tony
analog therapy
hi tony! I soldered the switch directly on the pcb as I made my TM3030 in a box in the RS components is almost the same as on the Oakley website but I paint in black and white and changed the knobs . So I'll look R7, R8, R11, R13, C11 and C13, and I think I'm going to change all that seems wrong to me. It's strange because the sawtooth wave sounds really like a TB303 and everything works perfectly. When I toggle the switch to the square wave, I find that the sound sounds like a triangle wave, and when I drop the switch on the square wave is meant like a small tremolo too. You never know maybe these details can help find which place is the problem. seriously, i just don't get it
thanks in advance for your answers.

Bests, damien
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1