MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia Microbrute
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33, 34, 35  Next [all]
Author Arturia Microbrute
DJFonzi
I'd consider two for duophonic kicks. I wish they'd make a "nanobrute" module. That'd be slick for a DIY poly.
Biff
This thing sounds good with an EHX 8-Step seq, especially on the sub input.
Flux302
I did a video on my personal Facebook showing it sequencing my modular. but haven't had time to make anything worth actually listening to , and didn't wanna deal with the large amounts of trolling that would come from putting up a super shoddy video on youtube. (though I do all the time lol)

I will say it tracks nicely and the sequencer is fun. just wish the gate length switch was on the hardware instead of software.
Samwise
Some dude posted scope shots of the Sub/5th overtone generator. I've never seen anything like this in my life.

machetemirage
It's a phase locked loop. From page 8 of the manual:

"The pure analog oscillators with the newly designed
OVERTONE PLL offer more raw
tone generation options...."
dalasv
Interesting info from Bruno over on the MB forum:

Quote:
to habe the mini not offsetting incoming CVs, you have two solutions:
At startup, if you don't use the keybed, (receive midi), the default transpose is 0. But as soon as you hit a key, you won't be able to go back to 0.
Using an external midi/usb source, if you send midi note 12, it will set it to 0 too.

The octave -3 option you have on the micro will be implemented on the Mini for the next firmware update.
Report to moderator Logged
Bruno
Arturia Hardware
sgnelson
I'm curious if anyone has opened it up to see what's going on inside and if there are any oppurtunities to mod it.
sgnelson
To answer my own question, here's the thread in the DIY section on minibrute mod's

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92699
yusynth
machetemirage wrote:
It's a phase locked loop. From page 8 of the manual:

"The pure analog oscillators with the newly designed
OVERTONE PLL offer more raw
tone generation options...."

It is not a PLL, we did use a PLL in the design of the first prototype but eventually we changed the design to another approach. Unfortunately, this has not been corrected in he manual and this is misleading.
The problem with the PLL was the amount of lag that was creating undesired portamento effect to the fifth tracking. The final approach eventually offered us the possibility to go in a continuous way from the sub octave to the fifth
poppinger
Props for this thing Yves! It's really an incredible set of features for this price. I love mine so far.
moogboy
I admit, I was highly skeptical of this one. Until I bought it. Wow. What a synth! I love my Mini, and now the Micro too! This thing's a total monster. I highly recommend it, if you can get past the mini keys.
radiokoala
moogboy wrote:
I admit, I was highly skeptical of this one. Until I bought it. Wow. What a synth! I love my Mini, and now the Micro too! This thing's a total monster. I highly recommend it, if you can get past the mini keys.

Well at least with the mini keys I can take C Eb G C G...
johnnyC
I bought one today and have been having tons of fun with it already. Definitely tons of bang for the buck. It's peanut butter jelly time!
kimu
Great!! Even if elektron keys is tempting too.... Ok, it's a completely different price range but sometimes gas is gas...
Flux302
Did another video with the two combined smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRO0gc19w80
Clockgate
I received a Microbrute from Thomann last week and was well blown away by the sound and the patchability of such a cheap unit. It really is fantastic value for money, I just love the vco on this, and the filter is superb too.

Unfortunately, I just turned it on and the sequencer is no longer working. The rate led works fine and the record led comes on, but it doesn't play in either the 'note on' or 'hold modes. I updated the firmware a couple of days ago but it was working after that.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? At least Thomann are great about returns.
rove74
It sounds like you are stuck in gate mode rather than clock. There is a known bug with the firmware update that requires you to toggle the gate/clock setting in the connection software after the update in order for the unit to reflect the proper settings.
Hopefully that's all it is...
Clockgate
Yep, I just found that's exactly had happened.

Great little synth. love
Plop
Didn't pay attention when it came out but wow, that's a little cheap and cheerful synth!
Mitchk1989
is the sequencer worth the price alone? I already have a minibrute...
Flux302
ok not sure why I couldn't embed my video (5 posts up) but the video shows the Mini and the micro working together and details how they differ a bit. i believe I even show the difference in the triangle wave (micro doesn't have the spike that the mini has) anyway, hope that helps
Seaweed Sound
Mitchk1989 wrote:
is the sequencer worth the price alone? I already have a minibrute...

Sequencer does not support tie or legato notes like the SH-101 does. I'm hoping Arturia can implement this in a firmware upgrade as it will really put the sequencer over the top.
thiagozt
I got this instead of a midi interface, just to "test' it and I am really impressed. The sequencer is a lot of fun, and after 15 min I am very familiar with everything. Very inspiring instrument, like a refreshed SH-101. There's a lot of space in the marketplace for a fun sequencer in a small package like this. I hope it sell by the boat loads and makes Arturia rich, so they can keep releasing similar instruments.
Ashi
really like it as well, fun to play with the sequencer sync'd via midi to ableton. makes it so easy to just jam around a bit grin

I just picked up a motu unltralite as well so I'll need to get some cables to connect everything properly but next I'll try to run signals into it. And connect it to a delay or something...
Flux302
in the Arturia forum it sounds like they are very interesting in including Tie into a firmware update for the sequencer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 33, 34, 35  Next [all]
Page 20 of 35