MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mixed Power Supplies
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Mixed Power Supplies
alesauskas
Since Blacet has stopped selling the PS05 and I can't come across one used, I have decided to move on and acquire my own. After browsing some of the power related threads here, seems a few people are using Power One linear supplies... I found an HAA15 for cheap on ebay, will probably have to wire it up but I'm sure I can figure it out. Just curious if grounding the Blacet supplies together with the Power One is all I need to do to get them to play nicely? I know the Blacet supply has trim pots to accurately set both polarities, would a small discrepancy between between the two types of supplies be an issue? (that's assuming I can't trim the Power One)
werock
Don't know about the grounding question, but the Power One supplies are trimmable. I can't see what difference it would make if one supply was delivering a smidgen more or less voltage than another.
alesauskas
Very cool, didn't know they were trimmable! Also just saw this, nice to see the Blacet PSU is still available for DYI, although the price of the Power One makes it an easy choice at this point: used one on ebay was $45 USD delivered!
Adam-V
alesauskas wrote:
Very cool, didn't know they were trimmable! Also just saw this, nice to see the Blacet PSU is still available for DYI, although the price of the Power One makes it an easy choice at this point: used one on ebay was $45 USD delivered!

I didn't know there was a PS505 PCA. Neat.

Cheers,
Adam-V
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1