MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

newrun dual Buchla 281 boards- at Synthcube & Thonk soon
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author newrun dual Buchla 281 boards- at Synthcube & Thonk soon
toppobrillo
UPDATE: I'm pleased to announce Synthcube and Thonk UK will be distributing, so save those PMs' smile they'll keep you updated on when stock arrives (should be ~mid Feb)

Hello again-

my partner and I are no longer working together on this, so I won't be making the kits any longer, however I realize there is and has been a persistent demand for the boards, so I'm making (finally) another round available. I can't really gauge how many, so please PM me with your desired quantities and a firm commitment to buy. they should be ready within 2 weeks of closing the order, get the BOM here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/80lwyvx3l25x4ru/Buchla_2812.zip (also linked in the 281 page at my site)

they are 15$ ea and shipping is a flat-rate 5$ USA and 8$ O.S. thanks! I'll keep the order open for a week or so.
decaying.sine
You might want to contact synthcube. He might be interested in purchasing a bunch and then they can be available at his store. That'd be cool if you are cool with that.

I'll take 4 of these. Firmly.
J3RK
Agreed, Synthcube is great to work with on this sort of thing. Well, especially in my case. I'm a lot less organized though... oops Either way, good to see these come around again. w00t
toppobrillo
hm maybe I should just keep thesynthpatch alive and do it there... still it would be nice to get an idea. please PM me with your desired qtys for now. Ill count it up and order that many plus some for the store.
Synthsense
I am interested in 2 boards, please, straight from You or Synthcube if you come to an agreement for selling them in their shop, whatever you prefer is fine for me

Guinness ftw!
Pfurmel
I'd say monobass might be interested in a bunch for his shop, THONK, too.
Synesthesia
I want 4 please !
Monobass
yeah PMing now
harolddonnelly
Re read subject - sorry
drip.feed
Guys help me out. I'm having trouble finding what a 281 brings to the party. Obviously it is a looping envelope but it must be greater than the sum of its parts due to its popularity. Can you point me at audio/video that shows what the 281 can do?

My sdiy backlog contains a dual Teezer, dual 291J, quad LPG...do I want some 281s? seriously, i just don't get it
GrantB
drip.feed wrote:
Guys help me out. I'm having trouble finding what a 281 brings to the party. Obviously it is a looping envelope but it must be greater than the sum of its parts due to its popularity. Can you point me at audio/video that shows what the 281 can do?

My sdiy backlog contains a dual Teezer, dual 291J, quad LPG...do I want some 281s? seriously, i just don't get it

The 281 has rise and fall times which are separately and simultaneously voltage controllable. See Mr. Bartons excellent "Building the Krell Muzak Patch" for an example of why this is cool:

The CGS VCS can do this too, as well as both halves of a DUSG. 1/4 of a 281 is quite a bit more compact than these options though.
widdly
I would like 1 of the PCB's. Thanks!
drip.feed
Wow! I'm definitely getting some of these. SlayerBadger!

Has anyone offered panels for them?
Raytracer
Grayscale has panels . Not sure who else..
grilojoe
Say that's pretty spiffy! I'm seeing a couple of these in my future too.
lvoemachine
oooh, yeah these look great. ill be making some MU panels for this one, looks like.
kssm
PMed for three! w00t w00t w00t
keninverse
PM'd for 2... very firm, not just a supple commitment.
lamouette/rck
I'll get 2 of them !
Synesthesia
Are they the Dual version of the board ?
kssm
I believe they are: "new run Dual Buchla 281 boards"
Synesthesia
Quote:
kssm

feeling daft now wink thanks though!!!!
sammy123
I'd Like one. Thank you.
harolddonnelly
PM'd for 2 when do you need payment?
bernd.wender
PM'd you for two.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7