MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Splicer... (new mini-project)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Splicer... (new mini-project)
J3RK
The way I've started managing that sickness, is to start on a panel layout part way into the design process. (right around where things start adding up a bit) If things don't make sense on the panel, I adjust the design a bit. Doesn't always work, but it has helped a few times. Either with adding more features, or taking away extraneous ones. Mr. Green
synthcube
We are awaiting the package anxiously smile
synthcube
the PCBs are available now for shipping via the webstore:

http://synthcube.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3 07

Bakeneko
Did anybody come up with a Euro panel or is it out with the trusty drill press?

regards
synthcube
We're doing one but not quite yet!
Bakeneko
synthcube wrote:
We're doing one but not quite yet!

Excellent.

cheers
lvoemachine
Here's a preview of my MU layout for the splicer! Let your ponytail down and splice it into a braid. I dare you.

I made this one a dual because it left too much panel space to just be a single module.

ashleym
J3RK wrote:
I'm quite happy to send PCBs over to Thonk. Just need to arrange it.

Any boards passing over the pond to Thonk or should I order from Synthcube for me in the UK? Thanks for finishing this, great to have a useful tone bender especially as I can have it on a panel with sockets only. Slim is sometimes best.
iL
finished my pcb!

fastest build ever. i wonder what the cv is doing and if its good to have a bipolar attenuverter before it?
or does it make more sense to attenuvert the wave input signals.

going to build this in a 4hp euro panel.

missed the marks for +/- on the supply header, but i guess the bottom ( on the picture of the pcb ) is -

no ground pad also so i hook it on the supply header for ground.
J3RK
iL wrote:
missed the marks for +/- on the supply header, but i guess the bottom ( on the picture of the pcb ) is -

no ground pad also so i hook it on the supply header for ground.

You are correct. Looking straight at the top of the board (where the text is right-side-up) the top pin is +, bottom is -. (same as MOTM, etc.) I'll get it added back on to the board layout for future runs. Sorry about that.

Since there are normal and inverted outputs, I don't know how important it would be to be able to invert the CV signal. However, a standard attenuator might be nice, if you don't have them elsewhere in your system.

Will also get a ground pad added. d'oh! I was basically using this as an add-on to a VCO in my own system, and this completely slipped my mind (since it was grounded via the rest of the VCO module. Dead Banana
iL
well i found the right +/- by looking at the elkos. at least i thought 50/50 chance and pluged in the power. nothing happens ( at least no smoke and the supply doesnt got angry ). hmmm.....

just asking for the cv because there might be space on the 4hp. maybe i can build it like this: having an extra attenuator in the system for cases i dont use the splicer. and i got plenty of the fonik cricklets attenuverter left.

so cv flips the w1+w2 symetry by voltage?

thanks!

J3RK wrote:

You are correct. Looking straight at the top of the board (where the text is right-side-up) the top pin is +, bottom is -. (same as MOTM, etc.) I'll get it added back on to the board layout for future runs. Sorry about that.

Since there are normal and inverted outputs, I don't know how important it would be to be able to invert the CV signal. However, a standard attenuator might be nice, if you don't have them elsewhere in your system.

Will also get a ground pad added. d'oh! I was basically using this as an add-on to a VCO in my own system, and this completely slipped my mind (since it was grounded via the rest of the VCO module. Dead Banana
iL
finished it up, front panel could be better but my printer does not work anymore.

used simple attaenuerter for the wave inputs and germanium diodes.

its really great for morphing lfos, two different coarsed lfos and the splice does strange morphings.

[/img]
waggles
Getting my parts order together and was wondering- does is matter what value I use for the bipolar caps, or can I just use whatever i've got sitting around?
J3RK
Those are just bypass caps. Some people like 10nF some like 100nF. I've used both, but have standardized on 100nF these days. The circuit will actually even work fine without any, but it's good practice to use them. Anything in that general range should do ok.
waggles
K sweet, thx
synthcube
The dotcom/mu panels are now in stock and available bundled with the PCBs.
Kits and assembled versions on the way....

http://synthcube.com/cart/index.php?route=product/category&path=99_103

lvoemachine
Is there a BOM for this yet?
lvoemachine

Tadahhhh!
synthcube
lovely!!!!!

here's the BOM... loaded on the webstore also, for the kits that are now available there.
raveboyy
So what is the main difference between a *classic* Xfader and this one?

Is this one basically the same thing only the quality is not so good for audio, but good enough for lower frequencies?

EDIT: Ignore this one, I already understand smile
snaper
Has somebody the schemo?
The picture on the first page is down :(
synthcube
here's the schematic
snaper
synthcube wrote:
here's the schematic

Thank you very much!!!
snaper
Last question, at some point I've lost in this thread.
So, is this OK for CVs?
Buchla implementation, so I have to know that should I put jacks or bananas to the wave inputs grin
locobitch
I just discovered the only module able to do this function and it was the Model 39 confused Now i'm in search for this module but in eurorack.
J3RK do you have some kits for sale in eurorack ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 4 of 5