MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Scanner
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Scanner
Cat-A-Tonic
How useful do you find the Blacet Scanner to be?
Does anyone have any amazing patch examples or samples to share?
I'm wondering whether or not I should add it to the next order.

I missed out on the Dual Filter. very frustrating
I saw the notice about 11 left, but it was my anniversary with my wife so I had to spend time with her and put my order off 'til today.
Serves me right. I should've orderer a long time ago. very frustrating
plord
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
How useful do you find the Blacet Scanner to be?
Well, I sold mine, so I guess not very useful smile I *imagined* quite a few things to use it for, none of which turned out to be very practical in real life. The best use I got out of it was using a metalbox seq switch to send CV to select from the 3 inputs and at that point...why not just use the seq switch? So off it went.
Kwote
the scanner isn't really that useful for sequential things. i haven't really fed it the right amount of voltages when i was messing with it(don't own one). but i'm under the impression i could get some things like that with some effort.

but the manual scanning is deeelish. haha. just being able to scan from one wave to the next with the turn of a knob is too sweet. i know it sounds so simple but to me that capability has a world of possibilities. i'm gonna get one.

but choosing between that and the dual filter?? come on now. DUAL FILTER HANDS DOWN. get it while it's hot blud. you won't regret it.
Cat-A-Tonic
Agreed.
I passed on the Scanner.
The Dual Filter is SOLD OUT so I had no choice. d'oh!

I'm just trying to tell myself that it's more real estate that I can possible put to even more powerful use... but I know I missed a great deal.

I ordered: Hexzone, Dual Lin VCA, Splitter/Mixer, Mix/Processor, Micro LFO, another power supply and 2 more racks.

Until I get the Korg 3100 built the MuRF is still my only filter!!!

It was hard to pass on the Filthy, but I really want the Borg and the Boogie, and that MOTM GX is kind of temptimg too.
Kwote
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
Agreed.
I passed on the Scanner.
The Dual Filter is SOLD OUT so I had no choice. d'oh!

I'm just trying to tell myself that it's more real estate that I can possible put to even more powerful use... but I know I missed a great deal.

I ordered: Hexzone, Dual Lin VCA, Splitter/Mixer, Mix/Processor, Micro LFO, another power supply and 2 more racks.

Until I get the Korg 3100 built the MuRF is still my only filter!!!

It was hard to pass on the Filthy, but I really want the Borg and the Boogie, and that MOTM GX is kind of temptimg too.

i wouldn't sweat it. you'll be uber happy with your choices. your smart to get the wiard stuff. i want those too but i'm gonna get em in 300 format. there's a lot of CGS filters i plan to build. the bi-n-tic i may have to get from metalbox though because Ken is sold out of that pcb.

the filthy is sweet too. but anyways the only major plus with the dual blacet is the normaling between A & B. makes for some great sounds.

but the over under boogie HP LP wiard 300. shiiiiiitttt. now that's a filter that can't be fucked with. the normaling on that thing is woooooweeeee.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1