MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sequencer like the m569 for Frac??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Sequencer like the m569 for Frac??
cram1960
is there one like this?? (cheaper hihi )

Will this work from a Blacet PS?

thanks!

Craig

panda30y
From what I know, all the Moon Modular gear runs off of +/- 15v, so yes.

I know metalbox can probably build you something similar, or might possibly do a custom rehousing of the m569 into frac for you if you ask nicely. I've seen him do some amazing custom work on the forums.
JohnLRice
It probably also needs +5VDC. It's a 5U high 6U wide module so, making it smaller and cheaper is going to be tough. I'm sure you'd gain some space by going to smaller jacks, pots and knobs but unless you do the work yourself, you'd have to add the cost of buying the M569 and then paying someone to do some crazy amounts of rework. I think it would be better just to buy a small rack and power supply and use it as is. 8_)

Or, maybe . . .you could build 4 of the MFOS 10 step sequencers into a single unit . . .might be a lot less expensive and get you most of the way their (minus the quantizer):
http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/TENSTEPSEQUENCER/TENSTE PSEQUENCER.php
cram1960
Okay, let's be clear, I'm not building/making/adapting/modifying anything. hihi

I'm a beginner in this modular thing and haven't received my first modular yet (waiting on a Blacet Classic Rack). But JIR's video of this thing really got me twitching.

So if it can't run off of the native Blacet power supply then I'll have to look elsewhere.
(I ordered an extra Blacet rack & PS for expansion purposes
<tapping temple to show that I was thinking ahead> ),

Metalbox 4x8 Programmer Sequencer perhaps.

Thanks!
JohnLRice
cram1960 wrote:
JIR's video of this thing really got me twitching.

hyper 8_)
cram1960
cram1960 wrote:
Okay, let's be clear, I'm not building/making/adapting/modifying anything. hihi

I'm a beginner in this modular thing and haven't received my first modular yet (waiting on a Blacet Classic Rack). But JIR's video of this thing really got me twitching.

So if it can't run off of the native Blacet power supply then I'll have to look elsewhere.
(I ordered an extra Blacet rack & PS for expansion purposes
<tapping temple to show that I was thinking ahead> ),

Metalbox 4x8 Programmer Sequencer perhaps.

Thanks!

Or the Doepfer MAQ16/3 since I have a lot of MIDI stuff too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1