MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Any plans for Expert Sleepers t-shirt?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Any plans for Expert Sleepers t-shirt?
Etan
That would be really awesome! wink
os
Not currently - my graphic design skills are not awesome.

If anyone wants to design one for me though I'd consider getting some made!
Etan
Ok, my design skills are nonexistent, so maybe someone else could jump in?
lowacid
Hi There, No problem i can do :-)
Do you have an idea of what do you want to put on the tshirt?
os
Something awesome smile

These are cool, for example :

http://madronalabs.com/news/90
lowacid
My pleasure thumbs up

- Indeed seems to be a nice quality Tshirt! The price is good too...but this is U.S.
don't know where we can found this tshirt model (with the label on the sleeve) in Europ.
any idea? Maybe can we ask Madronalabs for his tshirt provider?

This is better to know in first witch model we will use, and also witch part of the textile the provider is able to print. This way, we can imagine something original that will suits the best on it. SlayerBadger!
bil_g
Must...come...in...orange.

Os, I remember you having a company shirt on in a Messe video, I think. I remember thinking "I'd buy that". Count me in.

lowacid, first the skins(thanks!) and now the shirts. Can't wait to see what you come up with. we're not worthy
os
That was a one-off for the Messe I had done at Spreadshirt.com - which is still an option I suppose. I'd rather get a batch printed locally though.

The Madrona labs ones were sewn by Randy's wife, so that's not an option for the Expert Sleepers ones!

In the new year I'll visit some local print shops and see what they can offer.
Etan
This is great (awesome) news. I vote for black one with giant orange ES logo grin

Thanks lowacid for jumping in!
lowacid
Hi All!

Thank you Bil_g for your nice comment 8_) . Orange is a good idea indeed, but unfortunately this is not appearing as a standard color tshirt… It could impact considabirely on the price, so that kind of options as to be considered by Os in first to see what wanted (many standard best priced or few limited and original high quality ones, or… ).
Additional details that we could imagine (like bordering on the sleeve) are also more expensive (printers has to create separately on several machines, more works involved).

Somethimes, this is preferable to pick up some quality textile from a good manufacturer, than go for a print on a print shop (in serigraphy and/or brodering). Prices will decrease a lot with quantities too… are we are talking about 5, 10, or 100 pieces…what do you think Os?.

Here is a screenshot from Spreadshirt.com tshirt catalog:

Those a particularly standard and low priced. The quality is good but it won't be very original as after checking they can only print this tshirt area surface (within the grey square):

> This option is good for Etan's idea (logo/drawing sitting on the classic tshirt area).

We can also make 2 models, like a classic standard with ES logo and a few limited ones with drawings from myself in the ES style (or what you want). Opened to everything guys!

Maybe Os can you let me know about your local print shops visits… also, After christmas i will ask my usual printer to get an average price with the Madrona labs tshirt as full reference. i just need to know an approximate quantity...
We could also imagine providing some ES illustrations in a "valid format ready to print" by Spreadshirt.com. In that way, everyone can build his own tshirt, but this will be out of control, so maybe not the best option.

what a pity that Randy's wife is not officially on tshirt business printing Dead Banana
os
I'm thinking a grey shirt with orange print would be good - basically the Silent Way v2 colour scheme.

Like the Aalto shirt, I'd prefer that the company name/logo were small, so from a distance it just looks like an interesting design.
lowacid
Ok, here we go for grey model with orange printing!
In that way, Spreadshirt seems to be very competitive... i don't think that you'll found better prices somewhere else.

Too busy this week with Christmas time, But next week i will make some illustrations drafts for proposal :-)
lowacid
Hi, sorry to be late, some much unexpected works last weeks, and no time at all... zombie
anayway, i am here now! Happy 14 to all Mr. Green

Here is a first wave proposals, with some random ideas based of ES elements and colors:
Those can be modified or adapted as well, this is just drafts:

Let me know !
os
Nice work!

My immediate thought is that the knob graphic looks too much like the Ableton Live logo.

Also a darker gray base (like the Silent Way UI) would probably be my choice but the light gray might be OK too.

Could you get some patch cables in there, maybe? Just as an idea.

Thanks for doing this.
lowacid
Cool! many thanks for your coment w00t !

- the Tshirt base option is taken from spreadshirt.com: unfortunately i didn't found a dark grey model on their website... this is why i choose white-grey in first. Perhaps have you found such a model somewhere else?

- Your are right about the exemple number4: too Abletonish... we forget that option.

- good idea to mix patch cables in it... i will draw them this evening after work 8_)

> i update the color tshirt + draw some cables and include them on new option.
I will upload a proposal V2 on Muff tomorrow morning! SlayerBadger!
Etan
Looks great, I really like the top right one and also Calibrate V/oct one.

Patch cables would be awesome indeed!

Thanks for doing this. applause
lowacid
Etan wrote:
Looks great, I really like the top right one and also Calibrate V/oct one.

Patch cables would be awesome indeed!

Thanks for doing this. applause

Thanks Etan thumbs up

Here are another test!
i have drawed some cables Mr. Green .
lots of work today, so i can't explore what to do with them now, but it looks already not so bad with the Calibrate version...

lowacid
SlayerBadger!
os
Nice cables - the bottom right one is starting to look good.

Some concerns

- we're up to 3 spot colours now, which is going to make the printing more expensive.

- it might be a bit bold. I'd be interested to see the same thing where all the wires/text/boxes were outlines, rather than filled in.

Ha! I just realised where the flower thing comes from. It's the sync LED off an ES-3. I like it more now smile
lowacid
Quote:
Nice cables - the bottom right one is starting to look good.

Cool! w00t i will go further with this proposal and make declinaisons of this idea.

Quote:
- we're up to 3 spot colours now, which is going to make the printing more expensive.
i will reduce the colours on cables, and will try with 1-2 colours too.

Quote:
- it might be a bit bold. I'd be interested to see the same thing where all the wires/text/boxes were outlines, rather than filled in.

you are right, i think so. i will make some tests with outlines...

Quote:
Ha! I just realised where the flower thing comes from. It's the sync LED off an ES-3. I like it more now smile

indeed! Es-3 flower power haha. it make sense, and it was the first thing i've seen when i recieved my es-3 love
lowacid
HI, i finally had time this morning to make some new fresh drafts ! hyper :
os
Very cool. Bottom right one in particular.

I'm wondering about replacing the 'calibrate' box with the LED cluster - but in the same place (central on the chest), not lower down like you had it before. And maybe the LEDs as outlines rather than solid?

Will be interested to hear what others think.
lowacid
os wrote:
Very cool. Bottom right one in particular.

I'm wondering about replacing the 'calibrate' box with the LED cluster - but in the same place (central on the chest), not lower down like you had it before. And maybe the LEDs as outlines rather than solid?

Will be interested to hear what others think.

Cool thumbs up
Yes it will be good to have some opinions, personnaly bottom right is my preference too.
i have tested with 2 colours... but not concluant yet.
> i make now the "cluster" and directly post the screenshot.
lowacid
Here are some new drafts with the cluster... any opinion welcome! 8_)
DonKartofflo
oh my god the top right one hyper
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2