Search found 1375 matches

by Yes Powder
Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:46 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Carrier signal in Ring Modulator Bleeding through
Replies: 4
Views: 122

Re: Carrier signal in Ring Modulator Bleeding through

I wasn’t aware Doepfer made a passive ring modulator; I was only aware of their active one. To get minimal bleed from a passive ring modulator’s carrier signal, you’ll want to feed it with a square wave. Of course this will give you more sidebands than a triangle or sine wave would, so you'll have t...
by Yes Powder
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:50 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: How Many Times Can You Use Maths in One Patch?
Replies: 12
Views: 421

Re: How Many Times Can You Use Maths in One Patch?

GGW wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:27 pm
I think many of us overlook the SUM/OR/INV outputs.
Admittedly, I have hardly even fucked around with the OR input. I always forget, is Analog Or a min or max function?
by Yes Powder
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:16 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: How Many Times Can You Use Maths in One Patch?
Replies: 12
Views: 421

Re: How Many Times Can You Use Maths in One Patch?

I think the better question isn't how many uses at once can you get out of Maths, but rather, what's the coolest single thing you can get it to do.
by Yes Powder
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:56 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Eurorack standard desperately needed!!!
Replies: 82
Views: 2258

Re: Eurorack standard desperately needed!!!

lisa wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:54 am
Life hack: You can have a eurorack system with one standard; just pick modules that adhere to the set of characteristics that you choose. :party:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (493.61 KiB) Viewed 279 times
by Yes Powder
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:37 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: I was wrong (still am)
Replies: 21
Views: 1022

Re: I was wrong (still am)

There are two types of people in Eurorack: One type thinks Maths is overrated The other type realizes that Maths is not made of unicorn penis, but nonetheless recognizes it as an effective collection of functions, ergonomically laid out and logically normalled in a way would be difficult to replicat...
by Yes Powder
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:08 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: How Many Times Can You Use Maths in One Patch?
Replies: 12
Views: 421

Re: How Many Times Can You Use Maths in One Patch?

Make use of the End of Rise/End of Cycle outs?
by Yes Powder
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:45 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Small early electronic-style rack, advice needed!
Replies: 7
Views: 299

Re: Small early electronic-style rack, advice needed!

So far, I think I will want a fixed filterbank of some kind, a filter or two that fit that early electronic sound If you're looking for an early electronic sound, I would definitely recommend the Metasonix RK4. It has a character similar to the Rohde & Schwarz UBM filter famously used by Stockhause...
by Yes Powder
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:16 pm
Forum: Metasonix
Topic: R54 dumb question
Replies: 2
Views: 83

Re: R54 dumb question

Do you have the Mk1 version that has three pitch-ins? My guess would be the one that has the extra unmarked jack is a unit with the VCA mod, which was later incorporated in the the R54 Mk2. You could test it by sending it a negative voltage and seeing if it quiets or cuts out the sound, and then gra...
by Yes Powder
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:36 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: How to invert gates only when flip-flop gate is mixed
Replies: 10
Views: 239

Re: How to invert gates only when flip-flop gate is mixed

flashheart wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:20 pm
text
Ack, you're right :doh:
I never was very good at solving math-type problems. Should've just waited til I got home instead of trying to do it on paper when I should've been working.
by Yes Powder
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:58 am
Forum: Music Software
Topic: Does anyone use Propellerheads Reason?
Replies: 99
Views: 11237

Re: Does anyone use Propellerheads Reason?

Reason is largely a consumer/hobbyist market, and you're not going to see Reason being used in the big pro studios. Admittedly it's been a long time (like close to 15 years) since I'd spent any amount of time in a professional studio, but I remember back then that all the studios had it. I remember...
by Yes Powder
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:33 am
Forum: Music Software
Topic: Does anyone use Propellerheads Reason?
Replies: 99
Views: 11237

Re: Does anyone use Propellerheads Reason?

They say they don't have any plans to make it subscription only, but I've learned to not take too much stock in a company saying that they have "no plans" for anything. I wouldn't be surprised to see it as a subscription-only service in three years- or even two. It does seem to be the way the premiu...
by Yes Powder
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:36 am
Forum: Music Software
Topic: Does anyone use Propellerheads Reason?
Replies: 99
Views: 11237

Re: Does anyone use Propellerheads Reason?

Or a LOT LESS depending on your point of view, there was a lot of negativity shown during the live stream on YT. I'm in the "a lot less" category. I've been a registered user since version 2, and I'd pinpoint the time when I decided it was going downhill somewhere between version 6 and version 8, b...
by Yes Powder
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:07 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Eurorack standard desperately needed!!!
Replies: 82
Views: 2258

Re: Eurorack standard desperately needed!!!

The only hope for any sort of standardization in Euro is for all the major companies to die out and Eurorack as we know it to float out of the popular consciousness of musicians for a few years or decades, and then a few new companies to come along, look at the mistakes of the ancients, and jointly ...
by Yes Powder
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:22 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: How to invert gates only when flip-flop gate is mixed
Replies: 10
Views: 239

Re: How to invert gates only when flip-flop gate is mixed

I'm just seeing this now, but I'm bored at work and wanted to think of a way I would do this is: Instead of starting with: +-+-+-+- and -+-+-+-+ I'd start with +-+-+-+- and ----++++ Feed both of those to your logic gate and you'll get XOR: +-+----- and NAND: ++++-+-+ In addition to feeding the ----+...
by Yes Powder
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:15 am
Forum: Artist Discussion
Topic: Daft Punk split
Replies: 43
Views: 1029

Re: Daft Punk split

naos wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:06 am
:youkids:
If you don't like them, eat shit and go back under your bridge.
by Yes Powder
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:05 am
Forum: Music Tech DIY
Topic: What does the arrow on a pot symbol mean?
Replies: 7
Views: 208

Re: What does the arrow on a pot symbol mean?

It's to distinguish it from a pot where pins 1 and 3 are interchangeable. Probably because it's calling for a logarithmic pot instead of a linear.
by Yes Powder
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:56 pm
Forum: Artist Discussion
Topic: Daft Punk split
Replies: 43
Views: 1029

Re: Daft Punk split

Really fucked me up, hearing this yesterday. (No doubt amplified by the other shit I was dealing with, but that's a different story.) Discovery was a life-changing album for me. I played that CD until it wouldn't play anymore. One More Time will never not get me going. I will be holding on to my cop...
by Yes Powder
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:23 pm
Forum: General Gear
Topic: Second SQ-1 - why do I feel slightly embarrassed?
Replies: 48
Views: 1166

Re: Second SQ-1 - why do I feel slightly embarrassed?

If it works for you and it's cheap, then what's the problem? I see a bunch of people on here getting obsessed with doing everything "in the box", and it always seemed really silly to me. (Like, why waste precious HP by putting a 0Coast or Mother32 in their case, for any reason except to make it look...
by Yes Powder
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:38 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Power switch for a single module
Replies: 9
Views: 200

Re: Power switch for a single module

This is a thing?
I leave individual cases unpowered with connections to them all the time, and have never had a problem.
Guess I'm lucky, or all my modules are designed around this. Certainly none have listed this as a danger in their manual. :despair:
by Yes Powder
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:31 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Pamela's new workout without owning an oscilloscope?
Replies: 22
Views: 762

Re: Pamela's new workout without owning an oscilloscope?

I'm not an influencer so rarely use an oscilloscope :cookiemonster: This. Oscilloscopes are way overrated in their usefulness imo. Most CV modules (Pam's included) have their own ways of letting you know what kind of CV they're putting out, and as long as you RTFM you should know of what range of v...
by Yes Powder
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:24 pm
Forum: Metasonix
Topic: Metasonix Power Supply Advice
Replies: 50
Views: 7641

Re: Metasonix Power Supply Advice

No idea as i'm not clued up as to what the specs mean, but it says this on the print. I guess i did something silly? Input: 230-240V ac 50Hz output 15Vac 1.0A 15VA The D-1000 manual says that it needs 1.5A at 12Vac, which when figuring [W=A*V], comes out to 18W. To get 18W from 15V, you'd need it t...
by Yes Powder
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:17 am
Forum: Metasonix
Topic: Metasonix Power Supply Advice
Replies: 50
Views: 7641

Re: Metasonix Power Supply Advice

I wish I read this thread before this mornings shenanigans. I tried using my d1000 this morning, only to discover the original power supply has given up the ghost. my d1000 has 12vac to 16v ac printed on the fascia, so I went with a 15v ac I had lying around, which worked well for about 15 minutes,...
by Yes Powder
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:06 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Do Digital Oscillators solve tuning problem?
Replies: 2
Views: 175

Re: Do Digital Oscillators solve tuning problem?

You'll still need to do a littler calibraiton from time to time, since the components of the circuit that convert the analog V/Oct signal into the digital domain may change value over time.
by Yes Powder
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:17 am
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: VCAs with Character
Replies: 14
Views: 578

Re: VCAs with Character

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=197650 But to echo my recommendation from that, Metasonix RK2. Can go from reasonably flat, to gentle warmth, to absolute destruction, and a feedback knob to rein it in. Also has an Inverse Out, with a different distortion characteristic than th...
by Yes Powder
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:54 pm
Forum: Eurorack Modules
Topic: Doepfer Vs all the rest
Replies: 62
Views: 2908

Re: Doepfer Vs all the rest

DigitalCrickets wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:42 pm
I look forward to the day that Ladik is available in the USA. Much like Doepfer, Ladik certainly has some great modules for specific needs, and low cost.
Ladik is sold entirely directly from the Ladik website, and Vlad definitely ships to the US as I have a few of his modules.

Go to advanced search