Year End Funding Drive / Save Muff's

Important announcements about the forum and other Muffwiggler.com sites.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:05 pm

Ok folks, just to let you know, the bill has been paid in full. I don't know how much is left over, if any - Mike hasn't responded to me about anything. Hopefully he'll chime in here. I'm going to take down the Banner for the time being, unless Mike sees fit to put it back up.
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

Reality Checkpoint
Confused By Electricity

Post by Reality Checkpoint » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:09 pm

sduck wrote:Ok folks, just to let you know, the bill has been paid in full.
That is the news I was waiting for! :burns:

Would still like to know how Mike is though.

justin3am
Let's go do some crimes

Post by justin3am » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:42 pm

Reality Checkpoint wrote:Would still like to know how Mike is though.
Indeed! I just want to let Mike know that we care about him. His well being is more important to me than the website. If it's too much stress on him, I would say let the site go (not that it's up to me). But as long as the site is running I will contribute what I can. :hug:
"Thank god for the drugs and drums." El-P
3amNoise | Synth Videos

Fnord
Discordian Wiggler

Post by Fnord » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:19 pm

justin3am wrote: Indeed! I just want to let Mike know that we care about him. His well being is more important to me than the website.
:agree: :agree: :agree:
bsmith: it would be awesome to see people with lots of euro give them pokemon values and do battle

Muffwiggler: I've seen communities ruined over politics. I've seen friendships end over racism. I've never seen these things happen as a result of breasts.

1/7B
Common Wiggler

Post by 1/7B » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Happy new year dear Wigglers !
Nice to know that this forum will survive, it's great for all off us.
How's Mike ?
I hope to read him soon.

Take care for 2019 !

krisamadhi
Common Wiggler

Post by krisamadhi » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:19 pm

Long live Muffs and Mike !
---
Kri Samadhi
Releases
http://www.krisamadhi.com/releases

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:57 pm

sduck wrote:Ok folks, just to let you know, the bill has been paid in full. I don't know how much is left over, if any - Mike hasn't responded to me about anything. Hopefully he'll chime in here. I'm going to take down the Banner for the time being, unless Mike sees fit to put it back up.
Great news :guinness:

strettara
mufferthucker

Post by strettara » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:01 pm

MATTTECH IN THE HOUSE YO!
nature abhors a vacuum cleaner

Prunesquallor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Prunesquallor » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:32 am

:goo: :yay: :banana: :bananaguitar:
If at first you don't succeed read the instruction manual.

Plugler
Common Wiggler

Post by Plugler » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 pm

I've just doubled my monthly payment at Patreon to 20$.

We are at the moment at 966 $/month.

strettara
mufferthucker

Post by strettara » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:06 pm

You know, I dread sounding like an entitled little bitch, but I really do think Mike owes us some kind of a statement. Even just "thanx bitches you can all fuck off now" would be something.

justin3am
Let's go do some crimes

Post by justin3am » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:49 pm

I don't think Mike "owes" anything (at least not to me). I appreciate that he keeps the website running according to his original ideals (no ads, community supported) but I would not go so far as to make that kind of statement. That is to say, I would not include myself in the "us" part of your post. You are of course, entitled to say what you feel. :)

Rather than making such demands, I would rather say that I am (hopefully, we are) here if he needs me. But if he is struggling, I don't think it helps to put undue pressure on him. If he is anything like me, he may be deterred by such efforts.

I have empathy for Mike. I wish the best, for him and all forum members.
"Thank god for the drugs and drums." El-P
3amNoise | Synth Videos

strettara
mufferthucker

Post by strettara » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:10 am

justin3am wrote:I don't think Mike "owes" anything (at least not to me). I appreciate that he keeps the website running according to his original ideals (no ads, community supported) but I would not go so far as to make that kind of statement. That is to say, I would not include myself in the "us" part of your post. You are of course, entitled to say what you feel. :)

Rather than making such demands, I would rather say that I am (hopefully, we are) here if he needs me. But if he is struggling, I don't think it helps to put undue pressure on him. If he is anything like me, he may be deterred by such efforts.

I have empathy for Mike. I wish the best, for him and all forum members.
Well I agree with all that of course. He owes us nothing. But it would be nice to hear about the success of the funding drive and whether MW is at least secure for the foreseeable future.

Grumble
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Grumble » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:08 am

strettara wrote:You know, I dread sounding like an entitled little bitch, but I really do think Mike owes us some kind of a statement. Even just "thanx bitches you can all fuck off now" would be something.
Agree

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:34 pm

FWIW, this is from today on FB:

"There is an overkill backup strategy in place. Numerous trusted people have full access to the admin panel. I have instructions in my will.

The forum has been up for something like twelve years.

I am having a very difficult time with life for the last couple of years, and the very generous donations from so many wonderful people keep the lights on.

You can look at Patreon where I’ve stated the operating costs. It also shows how much people are contributing.

I’ve said it countless times that the future of the forum is protected even in the event of my demise. This comes up every few months and the answer never changes. Please trust me."

Grumble
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Grumble » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:53 am

I don't have Facebook :roll:

Grumble
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Grumble » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:54 am

So, thank you

SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SynthBaron » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:12 pm

MindMachine wrote:
SynthBaron wrote:
cretaceousear wrote:If you read this thread, it's clear that enough has been contributed to pay the outstanding costs.
Well, there is nothing we can really do...is there?

You know what I mean, what isn't being said. The big elephant in the room that nobody is truly talking about. The one that's been standing there for about 2 years now.

:deadbanana:

Goodbye gentlemen.
Really dude? You OF ALL PEOPLE? Really? REALLY? Unbelievable.
Welp, I think it's OK now to stop pretending reality isn't how it plainly presents itself to be about this financial...issue.

UltraViolet
Wiggling with Experience

Post by UltraViolet » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:57 pm

Very glad that Muffs is back. I doubt that I am the only one who wondered if it was gone forever when the web host cut it off yesterday. I understand that legally Mike owns the Muff Wiggler forum, but ethically it is really owned in a way by all of us who have contributed to the many discussions. Also understand that it is really tough when you don't have money to pay all your bills as I have been there myself in the past. Is there a way that we could buy the Muff Wiggler forum from Mike so that this won't happen again?

Eric the Red
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Eric the Red » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:41 pm

UltraViolet wrote:Very glad that Muffs is back. I doubt that I am the only one who wondered if it was gone forever when the web host cut it off yesterday. I understand that legally Mike owns the Muff Wiggler forum, but ethically it is really owned in a way by all of us who have contributed to the many discussions. Also understand that it is really tough when you don't have money to pay all your bills as I have been there myself in the past. Is there a way that we could buy the Muff Wiggler forum from Mike so that this won't happen again?
I don’t know if you are in theFacebook group or not, but there are a bunch of admins working on something to hopefully resolve this from happening in the future. SDuck is involved.
Abandon all hope, ye who wiggle.

strettara
mufferthucker

Post by strettara » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:10 am

I hope this controversy can now be dropped.

DCDanno
Learning to Wiggle

Post by DCDanno » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:02 pm

Is it still possible to support the site via Patreon or Paypal? Is support still needed?

I clicked the Patreon link at the top of the site and the Patreon page said "This page has been removed." Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. I searched but didn't find any answers.

Thanks,
Dan

Return to “Announcements - Please read!”