Is "Muff Wiggler" offensive?

Important announcements about the forum and other Muffwiggler.com sites.

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

What do you think?

It's bordering on, or is, unacceptable to me
7%
It's mildly offensive, to be honest
13%
It's immature/stupid, but harmless
16%
I don't care either way
21%
It's pretty funny! But I see the other side as well
15%
I think it rocks!
28%

Total votes: 1430

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:44 pm

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:Yeah, choose your battles. For example, lastnight, (actually at 5 am) when I was up with hypoglycemia, I used my wide-awake-ness to sit down and write three US senators.

Turn on the news for 5 minutes, and the whole controversy over the name of this forum should seem pretty inconsequential. I'm actually offended that anybody here has any offense space left to be offended by it.
so, then isn't even posting in this thread an example of what you're whining about?

j450nn014n
Common Wiggler

Post by j450nn014n » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:12 pm

Nelson Baboon wrote:so, then isn't even posting in this thread an example of what you're whining about?
You run rings around him, logically.
Autistic. I like making noises at my workplace. I usually end up breaking something.

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:26 pm

j450nn014n wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:so, then isn't even posting in this thread an example of what you're whining about?
You run rings around him, logically.
well, you know, people use that argument to put down discussions that they don't like. 'aren't there more important things', etc, when there are certainly more important things than slamming the discussion itself, or eurorack, etc.

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dr. Sketch-n-Etch » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:13 am

OK, I'll lay it out for you in plain English:

Our country has adopted an official policy of kidnapping children and locking them up in cages thousands of miles away from their parents. They are doing this with our tax money.

And you are worried about the fact that the name of this stupid forum might have something to do with pussy.

There's your perspective.
For every bullshit job, you need a bullshit education -- Brian Eno

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:16 am

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:OK, I'll lay it out for you in plain English:

Our country has adopted an official policy of kidnapping children and locking them up in cages thousands of miles away from their parents. They are doing this with our tax money.

And you are worried about the fact that the name of this stupid forum might have something to do with pussy.

what i'm saying is that stuff like the above is happening in the world, yet you are worried about the fact that people are discussing things that are less important. Which means to me that you simply don't like the discussion.

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dr. Sketch-n-Etch » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:33 am

I don't mind the discussion. I just think it's a bit stupid, and a more or less complete waste of time.

Hermetech Mastering
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Hermetech Mastering » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:37 am

It'd be very interesting to see the answers to this poll staggered over time/by year. I'm sure the yays have been encroaching on the nays, which I personally see as a very positive thing.

j450nn014n
Common Wiggler

Post by j450nn014n » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:13 am

Nelson Baboon wrote:
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch wrote:OK, I'll lay it out for you in plain English:

what i'm saying is that stuff like the above is happening in the world, yet you are worried about the fact that people are discussing things that are less important. Which means to me that you simply don't like the discussion.
Agreed. And I'd add that it is the lack of these kinds of discussions that led to America having a government that is capable of such things. Language that objectifies or degrades another leads to not acknowledging the goals, interests and needs of those 'others' and in the end the potential for them to be marginalized or demonized results in policies that discriminate.

It all starts with the most simple acts of empathy and inclusion, or the lack.

But change happens over time, and considering how humans have acted over the last thousand years, I see a definite improvement.
Autistic. I like making noises at my workplace. I usually end up breaking something.

xenosapien
Ultra Wiggler

Post by xenosapien » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:41 am

you guys know about Godwin´s Law, right?

I think it´s time for a similar mechanism to be put in place any time that orange trollpuppet and/or his government of grade-B-crooks is brought into a completely unrelated discussion (well... maybe the sexism part is kind of spot on, actually) ...

Anyhow:
I volunteer "xeno´s law", feel free to use that one :-P
may you live in interesting times.

strettara
mufferthucker

Post by strettara » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:36 am

SynthBaron wrote:If one follows the rules of logic, synthesizer sales drop by 98%.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
nature abhors a vacuum cleaner

Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dr. Sketch-n-Etch » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:35 am

Nero fiddled while Rome burned.

We're wiggling.

Return to “Announcements - Please read!”